Platinum Behind the Scenes Tour

cruisincorgi

The tour consists of a visit to the bridge; backstage portion of the main theater; the laundry room; food storage areas; waste disposal area; and the main kitchen (galley).

Here's a link to my photo album from our Behind-the-Scenes tour on the Gem two years ago. It's possible that the tour has been modified slightly since then.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Gem%20Cruise%20Jan%202012/Behind%20the%20Scenes%20Tour?sort=2&page=1

The tour consists of a visit to the bridge; backstage portion of the main theater; the laundry room; food storage areas; waste disposal area; and the main kitchen (galley).

Here's a link to my photo album from our Behind-the-Scenes tour on the Gem two years ago. It's possible that the tour has been modified slightly since then.

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Gem%20Cruise%20Jan%202012/Behind%20the%20Scenes%20Tour?sort=2&page=1

I'm platinum but my cabin mate is not..... Would she be able to tag along with me?

I'm platinum but my cabin mate is not..... Would she be able to tag along with me?

It's not supposed to be allowed. See invitation below where it says that the tour is for the exclusive benefit of the above guest only and is non-transferable.

b9101df6-6bc5-4952-9540-24d2b0548280.jpg

Not all NCL ships allows visits to the bridge (even for Platinum behind-the-scenes-tour) - on some ships you have to limit the visit to the bridge viewing room instead. It all depends on the captain - some times he allows it and sometimes not. So better to be prepared for not being able to visit the bridge on board, instead of getting disappointed.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Not all NCL ships allow visits to the bridge (even for Platinum behind-the-scenes-tour) - on some ships you have to limit the visit to the bridge viewing room instead. It all depends on the captain - some times he allows it and sometimes not. So better to be prepared for not being able to visit the bridge on board, instead of getting disappointed.

This is good advice. On our last invitation (which I no longer have) it specifically stated each place we would see and the approximate time involved, and it did include the bridge.

I did the tour on the Pearl in 2009. Since I wasn't platinum yet, I had to pay for it. We did tour the bridge.

As a suite perk on the Dawn, we also had a bridge tour.

We had no bridge tour on both Oct 2013 And Apr 2014 sailings although the tour did have enough to be interesting. My favorite part was he recycling process AND the laundry! Finally found someone who does more laundry than me !

Best however is when your concierge treats you to private bridge visit/tour of the bridge. We have been fortunate to have this occurr three different times but think it was due ro being in the GV.

I did the tour on the Gem a few years ago. I forget who the captain was but he allowed everyone on the Bridge. We must have spent 30 minutes looking around taking pictures and talking with him and 2-3 of the officers. They took it off auto pilot and let some kid steer