flight from Miami at 12:20 too early

Moz

Mobile boarding passes is a pain with a family on one itinerary. You have to forward it to each person and make sure each displays the correct page. Difficult with children. Otherwise you fumble to display and scan each page on the phone. I find printed still works best and is fast and fool proof.

Since you are checking luggage you have to stop at a Kisok and Counter anyway. It takes 30 seconds to print the boarding passes as you check the luggage so just do that.

But do your check in the day before without printing boarding passes.

A word to the wise. Recently on the Gem I checked in online in the library and when I went to print out the boarding passes there was no paper in the printer (I should have checked) so they didn't get printed. I was unable to figure out how to log back in to my airline's account to try and print again. When I got to the airport I was checked in but the gate agent printed my passes no problem. But it would have been easier if I had just checked the paper on the printer.

Thanks again for everyone being so helpful I have to state I can't do all the internet things as I don't have a smart phone I know we will not do self assist and go the regular way what is the earliest we can get off doing the regular departure by putting the luggage out the night before as I mentioned I am old (80's) but don't need a wheel chair and independent I realize a person can do a lot ahead of time with smart phones and computers but I can't do it, Thank you/

Thanks again for everyone being so helpful I have to state I can't do all the internet things as I don't have a smart phone I know we will not do self assist and go the regular way what is the earliest we can get off doing the regular departure by putting the luggage out the night before as I mentioned I am old (80's) but don't need a wheel chair and independent I realize a person can do a lot ahead of time with smart phones and computers but I can't do it, Thank you/

Suggestion to go to Guest Services and request the colored/numbered tags for the earliest claiming after

disembarking. You still should have adequate time to make the 12:20 flight but no lolly ganging around.

If Platinum or even Gold Latitudes customers seek out the Concierge and ask for a favor of the early tags.

Regarding: earliest we can get off doing the regular departure Ask at the Guest Services desk for the answer.

While you may not be able to do the walk-off - you won't be far behind in making your flight - need further help

just ask for it - "Sonny a little help here Please " !

Mobile boarding passes is a pain with a family on one itinerary. You have to forward it to each person and make sure each displays the correct page. Difficult with children. Otherwise you fumble to display and scan each page on the phone. I find printed still works best and is fast and fool proof.

Since you are checking luggage you have to stop at a Kisok and Counter anyway. It takes 30 seconds to print the boarding passes as you check the luggage so just do that.

But do your check in the day before without printing boarding passes.

It depends on the airline. American is a pain, but on United I can show all the boarding passes on one phone.

Depending on the airline you may be able to purchase some type of priority for check-in. For my Miami to Chicago flight in March 2018 on United I purchased Premier Access for $24 per person for my 12:24 pm flight. It gives us access to priority check-in lanes which may be helpful in Miami and supposedly a priority security lane as well as priority boarding. Might be worth looking into for a little added peace of mind, which is why I did it.

• 2 weeks later...
We take the 12:10 pm from Miami every time we cruise and we are going back to Canada so we have Customs as well. Every time, we are at the airport at the Air Canada counter before any employees are even there! TONS of time.

We do self-disembark off the ship.

Do you go through Customs in Miami? Thought it would be once you get back to Canada?

MOZ~~~~ you said the airline changed your flight. Tell them that the time they gave you is N O T convenient for you and tell them they NEED to offer a choice to you that is GOOD for you. I ""Hear you "" RE: on-phone / electronic check-in is not for you,

and you are not able to whiz down the corridor and off the ship dragging all your stuff.

You should be fine even with allowing NCL to manage your bags. Just select the bag tags for one of the earliest groups off.

Also printing boarding passes isn't an issue. Once in Miami do online check in and use the electronic boarding pass. Realistically you will check your luggage at the airport and can receive a printed boarding pass during that check in process.

Suggestion to go to Guest Services and request the colored/numbered tags for the earliest claiming after

disembarking. You still should have adequate time to make the 12:20 flight but no lolly ganging around.

If Platinum or even Gold Latitudes customers seek out the Concierge and ask for a favor of the early tags.

Regarding: earliest we can get off doing the regular departure Ask at the Guest Services desk for the answer.

While you may not be able to do the walk-off - you won't be far behind in making your flight - need further help

just ask for it - "Sonny a little help here Please " !

This is my suggestion too!