You know you are hooked on cruising when...

BratDet

y

ou get a dress delivery in the mail, and hte FIRST thing you think of...

OMG, it is sooo light, I can take it on a cruise to Europe!! (I always try to maximize my clothing choices by taking the lightest versions of the clothing I own..so I can take more choices due to weight restrictions...

..I also have a few gowns that are way lighter than some of my dresses...

Bernadette

you know when you have 3 bins full of "cruise clothes" you only use for cruising. Another bin for clothes you buy during the year to replace the other 3 bins you know you will never get rid off. Also, when I go shopping I think how it will look for a cruise.

Someone help me please:p

you know when you have 3 bins full of "cruise clothes" you only use for cruising. Another bin for clothes you buy during the year to replace the other 3 bins you know you will never get rid off. Also, when I go shopping I think how it will look for a cruise.

Someone help me please:p

That's me. One third of my closet is clothing I only need and use for cruise ships. Last year we didn't cruise as much, so I wondered why I have all those clothes taking up space in my closet just waiting for an upcoming cruise.:o

set aside some of the lighter weight stuff for my next cruise....which of course is not booked yet...

It's just a method to keep myself from going insane trying to find a certain item

Once, I planned to take a denim jacket....and never found it till after the cruise...

This year I was missing a black skirt that is made of fitness clothing type

material, it was folded between other clothes, not sticking out.

#%#^$^&%(*(

I took two bathing suits on my August Caribbean cruise, but decided I should have taken my plainer suits. One had a skirt, but I wore it on excursions under clothing, so it was annoying in the heat, the other had a high neck.....so I am always learning what works best and are my best choices...

Bernadette

You know you are hooked on cruising when you have clothes that just for cruising only, not even for work or weekend wear. When it the only time of the year you wear clothes you don't normally wear like dresses because you know people are not paying attention or care how it looks on you. A cruise trip is the one of the few places where you can wear 2 totally different outfits and people will totally understand why. When you realize you may have to buy more cruise clothes because the current set you have may not last a 7 day cruise, let alone 12 days.

Now, I just have to buy myself a 3rd and/or 4th bathing suit & I will be complete for now with my cruise outfits. :D

I'm starting to like seeing two cruises on the books....I only have one booked for next year so far, but BFF cruise friend and I are thinking of a last minute one sometime the end of next year.

I have been clearing my closets....I'm not planning to ever have as many clothes as I had ever again, however I do have my cruise clothing in one of those fabric closets that zip up. I keep it separate from my everyday clothing. I can always look in and see if there is anything there that I want to replace...love having a separate *cruise closet*!

This thread made me smile!:D Of course I am addicted, but my DH thinks he is not. Last year, after we arrived back home after our QM2 WC segment of 40 days, my DH says, "now, we aren't even going to think about another cruise for a couple of years...". LOL. Within a week I arrived home after work and he was pacing like a wild caged animal. I asked him what was the matter? He said, "I found a great deal on a cruise.." I laughed so hard and hated to be the one to tell him, "Dear, you are a cruise addict now!" LOL So now we both are addicted! We started our addiction late compared to most of you and have only been on 4 cruises so far.........;)

I did not think "cruise closet" applied to me but in one of our extra bedrooms the closet is full of clothes that "I only wear for cruises" so I think I better wake up and smell the roses!!! LOL

Edited by alibabacruisers

y

ou get a dress delivery in the mail, and hte FIRST thing you think of...

OMG, it is sooo light, I can take it on a cruise to Europe!! (I always try to maximize my clothing choices by taking the lightest versions of the clothing I own..so I can take more choices due to weight restrictions...

..I also have a few gowns that are way lighter than some of my dresses...

Bernadette

I am similar when shopping for cruise clothes. The first thing I do is see how heavy it is :D If it passes that test, then I move onto "wash or dryclean", does it have pockets....

Yup, I'm an addict.

I had 2 dresses picked out that I liked for my daughter's wedding. How I decided which one? : the one that was the lightest weight, therefore better to pack for a cruise.

One of our bathrooms needs renovating, but when I mention it, DH says "well, I guess we will have to give up one of our cruises then". The bathroom reno is still waiting as I would rather cruise.:o

Within a few days of returning from a cruise my DH is on-line looking for the next one, but insists he's not addicted.

I thought I had everything set & ready to pack for our upcoming cruise when I was walking thru JC Penneys to the parking lot & they were having their 50% off sale this weekend. Two tops, one necklace & one pair of earrings later... Also booked another cruise earlier this week, it's a good disease to have

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm starting to like seeing two cruises on the books....I only have one booked for next year so far, but BFF cruise friend and I are thinking of a last minute one sometime the end of next year.

LOL, I just solved my problem this afternoon...BFF and I just booked another cruise for the Western Caribbean for ourselves and husbands!....I will now have two cruising showing again! :)

Although I'm still thinking about Alaska....next summer will hopefully be Europe...Been thinking about the 12 day Grand Med because getting back to Rome and Venice is just sooo tempting...with side trip to Paris or London or both..

But yesterday, my husband and I agreed to cruise to get to London(cruising out of Southampton- tacking on extra days before or after) and Paris....

So, normally, we cruise hot weather.....so I looked up the weather for Ireland and Scotland at that time and it is high in the low sixties...yikes!

Now, I have to rethink my normal clothing choices...(VERY summery).which is NOT a bad distraction to have....

I did buy a packable down ultra light weight CK jacket the other day (which would work for Chillier weather cruising, my Colorado travel AND Alaska....so I'm on my way...

#YESiAMaCRUISEaddict Bernadette