Elite; Diamond RCCL...question

spearmint

You do get all Diamond privileges.

However if you want to reach Diamond + you need to accrue cruise points and you start at the beginning with 0 credits not as a Diamond.

Not exactly. What a Diamond sailing on a Celebrity ship gets is Elite privileges, Elite being the highest loyalty level in the Captain's Club, the Celebrity equivalent of Crown and Anchor. Elite benefits vary from Diamond. Celebrity does not offer a balcony discount the way RCI does, for example.

As an Elite member, I am Diamond on RCCL. Is that honorary or can I expect Diamond privileges, namely the balcony discount for Diamond Members of Crown and Anchor?

Bill

If you have become a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, then you will be Diamond member. Technically, you can not sign up until you are on your first cruise (or afterwards) so you will not be Diamond until your second Royal cruise. However, I have heard that some people have called Royal to get signed up before their first cruise so the they can get all of the diamond privileges on their very first cruise. (BTW, DW does not think this is possible.) And yes, this will get you the balcony discount, free cocktail hours, etc, etc, etc.

Edited by Tagsalong

Not exactly. What a Diamond sailing on a Celebrity ship gets is Elite privileges, Elite being the highest loyalty level in the Captain's Club,the Celebrity equivalent of Crown and Anchor. Elite benefits vary from Diamond. Celebrity does not offer a balcony discount the way RCI does, for example.

Never mind me! I read the question backwards!!! :rolleyes:

If you have become a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, then you will be Diamond member. Technically, you can not sign up until you are on your first cruise (or afterwards) so you will not be Diamond until your second Royal cruise. However, I have heard that some people have called Royal to get signed up before their first cruise so the they can get all of the diamond privileges on their very first cruise. (BTW, DW does not think this is possible.) And yes, this will get you the balcony discount, free cocktail hours, etc, etc, etc.

They should certainly be able to create an appropriately ranked C&A account without sailing with RCI first. Call either loyalty program directly and it should be taken care of.

I think there is a confusion here --

If you have never sailed on either line, and are trying to sign up for C&A you must wait until after you cruise with Royal

But if you are already Elite on Celebrity, you can call to get a C&A membership number prior to your first Royal cruise, and will be recognized as Diamond on that cruise, and will get all the Diamond benefits

And it is correct to say that while you are recognized as Diamond, you will not be moving toward Diamond+ with that cruise, you will be starting your C&A count from zero and will need to work up from there, all the while being Diamond by virtue of your Celebrity Elite status.

That isn't true. If you're a member of either program, you can be enrolled on the program of the "other" line and receive reciprocal benefits without ever having cruised on that line.

Bill, I had responded to your thread on the RC board a few days ago, but I guess you're still having a problem.:( As a Celebrity Elite cruiser, you are eligible for reciprocal Diamond benefits on RCCL -- that means all benefits, including the balcony discount!

Edited by Cindy

They should certainly be able to create an appropriately ranked C&A account without sailing with RCI first. Call either loyalty program directly and it should be taken care of.

I'm RCCL Diamond, and I'll be taking my first Celebrity cruise in September. I had some difficulty getting a CVP to do this. A quick call to Crown and Anchor solved the problem. C&A got my Captain's Club number for me, and the next time I logged into my Celebrity account it showed I was Elite. I recently booked a second Celebrity cruise, and my status made me eligible for a loyalty discount.

Originally Posted by Cindy

That isn't true. If you're a member of either program, you can be enrolled on the program of the "other" line and receive reciprocal benefits without ever having cruised on that line.

I'm sorry but what exactly in my statement isn't true?

This is a copy and paste from the C&A Benefits page:

The Crown & Anchor® Society is our way of recognizing and rewarding our most loyal guests. As a member, you'll receive exclusive benefits and privileges to make your cruise experiences with Royal Caribbean International® even more spectacular.

You can join after just one sailing.

Please read my post again, carefully. My statements were correct.

Edited by Tagsalong

If a person is a new passenger, having not sailed on either line, then they cannot sign up for C&A until during or after the first cruise.

But if they person has already sailed on Celebrity, they do not have to wait until after their first Royal cruise to sign up. They can enroll prior to sailing on Royal.

And if they are Elite on Celebrity, and they sign up for Royal's C&A, they will receive Diamond privileges on their very first Royal cruise, not on their second Royal cruise.

The C&A benefit page is correct as far as a new cruiser goes, but does not address the issue of the cruiser with the reciprocal benefit.

We are Diamond with Royal and booked our first Celebrity cruise in Feb. The first person told me I wouldn't get a Captain's Club number until after the cruise, which I knew didn't sound right if we are supposed to be equivalent levels in each program. I called back later that day and that person couldn't understand why I wasn't assigned a Captain's Club number during my first call. He put my C&A info in the system and said I was all set. I logged on to the Celebrity site & I was showing as an Elite member.

The Crown & Anchor® Society is our way of recognizing and rewarding our most loyal guests. As a member, you'll receive exclusive benefits and privileges to make your cruise experiences with Royal Caribbean International® even more spectacular.

That appears to be general information about C&A. While the general public must wait to join after their cruise, Celebrity Select and Elite member are special.:D. Though not every agent will get everything right every time, I believe the OP (perhaps with persistence) will get D benefits on his first RCI cruise. The D balcony discount is potentially available, though that benefit cannot be combined with so many different offers...so the OP may not get that discount if he/she has any number of other special deals already entered on the booking....just pick the best offer.

Bill, I had responded to your thread on the RC board a few days ago, but I guess you're still having a problem.:( As a Celebrity Elite cruiser, you are eligible for reciprocal Diamond benefits on RCCL -- that means all benefits, including the balcony discount!

Cindy...I will be calling again today. I did check out the RCCL site and I am not listed as a Diamond anywhere on the page when I log in, even though I already have received my C&A membership number. I am going to call C&A plus my TA...I appreciate all the responses that you and others have provided on the matter. Bill

Cindy...I will be calling again today. I did check out the RCCL site and I am not listed as a Diamond anywhere on the page when I log in, even though I already have received my C&A membership number. I am going to call C&A plus my TA...I appreciate all the responses that you and others have provided on the matter. Bill

Thanks a lot, everyone, for your information. ALL is resolved! Cruise Critic members are always so helpful. I try to do my part to help as well when I have information.

Cindy, I left a small message for you on the RCCL boards.:D

Edited by spearmint

I wanted to share something. I'm D+ in RCCL and was given Elite status before my first Celebrity cruise. I convinced my business partner to take a Celebrity cruise for his upcoming honeymoon. When I called Celebrity to get him a CC number I was told that he needs to be at least platinum to be given the reciprocity benefits. He is only gold in C&A, guess he will have to wait for a second cruise with Celebrity.

Edited by drarill

Technically, you can not sign up until you are on your first cruise (or afterwards) so you will not be Diamond until your second Royal cruise.

That is not true. So long as you are Select or Elite with Celebrity's Captain's Club you can sign up for RCI's Crown & Anchor Society BEFORE your first RCI cruise and be recognized at the equivalent level (Platinum if Select with Celebrity, Diamond if Elite with Celebrity).

I was talking about this: If you have become a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, then you will be Diamond member. Technically, you can not sign up until you are on your first cruise (or afterwards) so you will not be Diamond until your second Royal cruise.

Fortunately the problem is resolved!

Thanks a lot, everyone, for your information. ALL is resolved! Cruise Critic members are always so helpful. I try to do my part to help as well when I have information.

Cindy, I left a small message for you on the RCCL boards.:D

Glad it worked out!:) I'll work my way over there to see what you said.

I recently booked a second Celebrity cruise, and my status made me eligible for a loyalty discount.

Off topic:

Cindy,

I love your avatar.

• 1 year later...

We will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in October. We are currently Diamond on RCCL and as such look forward to receiving our alcoholic beverages in the Diamond Lounge.

Is there an equivalent on Celebrity ships all I can find ate references to Michaels Club for suite guests and zenith cruisers.

What and where are the Elite and Elite plus facilities located and what are the allowances.

Not exactly. What a Diamond sailing on a Celebrity ship gets is Elite privileges, Elite being the highest loyalty level in the Captain's Club, the Celebrity equivalent of Crown and Anchor. Elite benefits vary from Diamond. Celebrity does not offer a balcony discount the way RCI does, for example.

Elite is not the highest level on celebrity. There is now elite plus and zenith to correspond loosely to diamond plus and pinnacle.

The reciprocity only extends to diamond and elite.

We will be taking our first Celebrity cruise in October. We are currently Diamond on RCCL and as such look forward to receiving our alcoholic beverages in the Diamond Lounge.

Is there an equivalent on Celebrity ships all I can find ate references to Michaels Club for suite guests and zenith cruisers.

What and where are the Elite and Elite plus facilities located and what are the allowances.

Celebrity uses one if two approaches depending the number of elite and higher passengers on board. If there are more then a certain number known only to Celebrity vouchers will be used and are issued at the rate of three per passenger per day, excepting embarkation day and the day if the senior officers cocktail party.

The vouchers are good for one drink per voucher from a set menu and are avid from 5-7 at most bars.

If the number of Elite and above passengers falls below Celebrity's threshold a dedicated elite lounge will be held in the lounge on the upper deck forward, commonly referred to as the sky lounge. Same days and hours of operation.

Celebrity uses one if two approaches depending the number of elite and higher passengers on board. If there are more then a certain number known only to Celebrity vouchers will be used and are issued at the rate of three per passenger per day, excepting embarkation day and the day if the senior officers cocktail party.

The vouchers are good for one drink per voucher from a set menu and are avid from 5-7 at most bars.

If the number of Elite and above passengers falls below Celebrity's threshold a dedicated elite lounge will be held in the lounge on the upper deck forward, commonly referred to as the sky lounge. Same days and hours of operation.

This is a great explanation of Celebrity's Elite cocktail hour. Can someone explain Diamond's cocktail hour or is it set up in the same way?

Thank you for that clear and concise reply.

We have used the voucher system recently on the Independence of the seas, this system proved very amicable especially if with friends who were not at the same loyalty level. We were all able to enjoy our pre dinner tipples altogether at most bars around the ship.