Martini Bar drinks ?

FiggyWig

This sounds like a silly question even as I'm asking it, but can you sit at the Martini Bar (I know...if there's room!😎) and drink something OTHER than Martini. DH is not a lover of them and we only have classic package. Yes I know I can order an just pay the difference..but I'm really just as happy drinking something else lovely. Just asking as we like the whole Ice Bar set up and would to enjoy the area.

Thanks for any input.

Fig

Our last time on Celebrity you could order any kind of drink. Of course with the Classic package you could only order a martini if you paid full price. Seems I read that now you can order a martini and just pay the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our last time on Celebrity you could order any kind of drink. Of course with the Classic package you could only order a martini if you paid full price. Seems I read that now you can order a martini and just pay the difference.

I suspect the OP has made a mistake. Unless there has been a change in policy recently, you have to pay full price if you're on the classic package for a 'premium' drink.

Yes there has been a change with the classic beverage package. You now only pay the difference between the allowance on the classic and the price of the drink. It was rolled out around March April time, was a pleasant surprise on our cruise from Singapore 😁👍🥂

Yes there has been a change with the classic beverage package. You now only pay the difference between the allowance on the classic and the price of the drink. It was rolled out around March April time, was a pleasant surprise on our cruise from Singapore 😁👍🥂

Makes a lot of sense to me. I'm sure Celebrity's bottom line will now benefit. I'm sure many wine drinkers will rejoice too.

I had the audacity to sit there and have a Bud Light. With the premium drink package too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audacity? Yes, we do understand. Perhaps next time you will order a real beer :).

Hank

Interested in what the increment would be for a dirty, Stoli, martini.

Tx

• 3 months later...
Nothing extra,Stoli is included in the Classic Beverage package

Martini's at the Martini bar are oversized and are Priced at $12.50 plus 18% so with the classic package the cost of a Martini at the Martini bar would be $3.50+ 18%

A dirty Stoli martini (standard size) at other bars should be covered by the Classic package

Why is the Martini Bar always so popular? (ie crowded!)

Anyone care to venture a guess?

The drinks are exceptional and if you request a drink with an ingredient they don't normally carry, they will try and get it and have it each night. In our case it was jalapeño.

They will custom mix anything you ask for.

They have the designation of "flair bartender" and they routinely put on "shows" each day.

In addition to the Flair designation, I believe they select bartenders that are very outgoing and personable.

All in all, a very fun bar.

The drinks are exceptional and if you request a drink with an ingredient they don't normally carry, they will try and get it and have it each night. In our case it was jalapeño.

They will custom mix anything you ask for.

They have the designation of "flair bartender" and they routinely put on "shows" each day.

In addition to the Flair designation, I believe they select bartenders that are very outgoing and personable.

All in all, a very fun

I have never been able to get any martinis not on the menu.

Never had a problem getting a off menu martini if you find one of the longer tenured flair bartenders. The martini menu was reduced significantly a couple of years ago; not sure why. The bartenders who were around went there was the larger menu can & will make most any martini & some have their "special" one.

I have never been able to get any martinis not on the menu.

Oh goodness, I've gotten many off-menu drinks! I told the bartender once that I liked a chocolate martini but asked if he could make it with *my* ingredients. I gave him my list and he frowned but made it. A few minutes later he told me he was going to mix me something better. It was!! It was his own Creme Brûlée Martini, not on the menu. Every night when he saw me he mixed it up.

I also have told them I like something fruity but different than the menu. Hasn't ever been a problem. I did have the premium package and I did give him a few dollars on the bar when I left each evening.

There have been times when we were still enjoying the martini bar but we didn't want to keep drinking alcohol. I've sat there perfectly happy with a straight up orange juice or even a bottle of Evian. No problem.

Oh goodness, I've gotten many off-menu drinks! I told the bartender once that I liked a chocolate martini but asked if he could make it with *my* ingredients. I gave him my list and he frowned but made it. A few minutes later he told me he was going to mix me something better. It was!! It was his own Creme Brûlée Martini, not on the menu. Every night when he saw me he mixed it up.

I also have told them I like something fruity but different than the menu. Hasn't ever been a problem. I did have the premium package and I did give him a few dollars on the bar when I left each evening.

There have been times when we were still enjoying the martini bar but we didn't want to keep drinking alcohol. I've sat there perfectly happy with a straight up orange juice or even a bottle of Evian. No problem.

I will try again next cruise in April. I always leave a few dollars on the bar a couple times each evening. Creme Brulee martini sounds amazing.

Just off Infinity yesterday. When I got to the Martini Bar on the first day, I introduced myself and upgraded to the premium package. When the bar opened, I told the bartender I had upgraded with that I've had all the martinis on the menu several times, and would they please make me something of their choice. He asked a few questions about my preferences, and for the rest of the week, whenever I arrived, I had my name shouted in hello, and asked "surprise?". I got so many delicious concoctions with all sorts of interesting names. ;) At one point, it even seemed like a competition between a few of the bartenders to see who could make my next drink.

So no issues with getting them to make things not on the menu, in my experience.