Your Vote Matters...

It's election season, and I need your help!!!

I can not decide between two cruises!!!

Option 1: Liberty- sailing out of Galveston to Costa Maya, Belize City, and Cozumel

Option 2: Allure- sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau, Costa Maya, and Cozumel

All things being equal, this is our 2nd cruise ever, we've only been to Cozumel of all the ports listed, cost wise the Allure is roughly going to cost $1000 more.

Give me your vote, and reasons why!!!

Helllppppp!!!! :)

It's a tough choice because both are very appealing and you cannot go wrong with either cruise.

Have you factored into your price the total cost of getting to the port? it is generally less expensive to get to Fort Lauderdale, and the airport is very close to the port. It is usually more costly, and more difficult to fly to Houston and then get to the port.

Allure is my vote.

Does airfare also play a part of the cost difference or is that over and above?

Airfare cost factors into the "roughly $1000" more to go with the Allure.

My initial thought was the Liberty just because of the Belize City vs Nassau factor, but size and amenity wise the Allure is very... alluring...

Our only other cruise was out of Galveston and it went really smooth, but I'm really struggling with this decision for some reason!

Allure - a) I loved Harmony, so I'm sure I'd love all Oasis class ships and b) have read horrible things on the boards about embarking/disembarking at Galveston. Nothing worse than having a lovely cruise ruined by disembarkation issues.

Belize, as long as you get out of Belize City, trumps (no pun intended) Nassau. If that's not important, go with the Allure.

I was looking at that as well, in my case, I've heard diving is good in Belieze, so I want to go back. My snorkel excursion got canceled when I was there in 2010. There is good diving in Nassau too.

I was looking at that as well, in my case, I've heard diving is good in Belieze, so I want to go back. My snorkel excursion got canceled when I was there in 2010. There is good diving in Nassau too.

My other factor is it's an early January cruise in both cases... Nassau water temp would be chilly in the mid 70s from what I've read.

Maybe I'm over thinking this!!! :confused:

I have sailed them both.

Like both ships, but leaning towards Liberty for cost factor and i prefer to see more water while i'm sailing.

Was hard to find area's on Oasis were you can see the water besides the balcony cabin (if you have one) and the stern of the ship.

Who is "our"? Just adults or adults and kids?

I vote for Liberty. Belize is awesome for diving/snorkeling OR if you are into history the Mayan Ruins are FABULOUS! In Belize you can still climb the ruins.

Galveston is fun if you get in a day before. It is amazing how far they have come from being totally devasted by Hurricane Ike. There are quite a few things to do there as well.

Allure is an awesome ship but for the $1000...you can get drink packages and excursions on Liberty.

Who is "our"? Just adults or adults and kids?

I vote for Liberty. Belize is awesome for diving/snorkeling OR if you are into history the Mayan Ruins are FABULOUS! In Belize you can still climb the ruins.

Galveston is fun if you get in a day before. It is amazing how far they have come from being totally devasted by Hurricane Ike. There are quite a few things to do there as well.

Allure is an awesome ship but for the $1000...you can get drink packages and excursions on Liberty.

2 adults... well one adult and myself... :D and 2 kids, 8 and 14

If you have the $1000 Allure hands down. Im in DFW 5 hrs and I'm in Galveston but When I have the extra vacation funds I'm headed to FL for the oasis class ships. They are beyond what you could ever imagine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It's election season, and I need your help!!!

I can not decide between two cruises!!!

Option 1: Liberty- sailing out of Galveston to Costa Maya, Belize City, and Cozumel

Option 2: Allure- sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau, Costa Maya, and Cozumel

All things being equal, this is our 2nd cruise ever, we've only been to Cozumel of all the ports listed, cost wise the Allure is roughly going to cost $1000 more.

Give me your vote, and reasons why!!!

Helllppppp!!!! :)

Do you like to shop?

If so, Nassau is the place for some of your better Perfumes and Colognes. Creed can be as much as $300 less than US Prices. All other name brand stuff is a lot less and no TAX up to a point.

Also, makeup is a lot cheaper....

Having been on both several times, I would say the ships are roughly equal. Both are amazing and have their plusses and minuses compared to the other.

The deciding factor for me would bet the departure port, Fort Lauderdale is a breeze and Galveston is terrible. Also, depending on the time of year, you are almost guaranteed warm weather from the first day in Fort Lauderdale. You could very well have cold weather and fog from Galveston.

Allure hands down.

Do you like country music? If so then go with Liberty as that's all they will be playing throughout the cruise. In the bars, in the shows, during karaoke, everywhere. Haven't been on Allure yet but have been to all the ports and Belize is a much better port than Nassau. Liberty is a very nice ship but for home port between the two Ft. Lauderdale is much nicer just for the fact you can actually make it a longer trip and visit other sites nearby.

No matter what you pick you can't go wrong, that is unless you hate country music like me then you can:)

I've been on both ships. Was on Liberty last month, in fact!

I've sailed from Galveston many times, and I actually love that town. It's a great place to spend an extra day or two, if you have the time. Of course, I can drive to the port and that does make a difference. But, I have flown in before and it's really not that bad to get to Galveston. Just don't fly in the day of the cruise! (I would say that for any port, though.) Liberty does have the slides now, which are fun for the kids (and adults!).

Allure, however, is an AMAZING ship. I have an 18 year old who has sailed with me many times over the years, including at the ages of your kids. If I were taking him, even now, I would choose Allure if I could afford it. There is just so much to do and see!

That said, you really can't go wrong either way. Especially if the kids have never sailed or this is only their second cruise....they will love either ship! Enjoy your trip, whatever you choose!

Liberty! It's big enough without being too big. I've never been to Belize (but going this January!) but have been to Costa Maya & Coz. We thought Costa Maya was a nice port, and we love Coz.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums