So what do we think about O's new website?

kekilia

While it certainly is bright, high contrast and bold, I think there may be issues. When I sign onto my account, some text is missing on left, right. Also, tried to test a few things like booking La Reserve for 2 nights. Poor lil thing is still trying to process my request. Will have to call O. At least I still have my cabin!:p

Well, I just took a look and you're right; it does have problems (which seem to be the same problems it had when it appeared briefly a few weeks ago). When I sign into my account, it shows only one upcoming, booked cruise whereas I have 2 fully paid ones and 2 where the deposit is paid. There is no Oceania Club number and there are no previous cruises. The one fully paid cruise which is showing, shows a balance outstanding of $632! Bizarre. If they can get it working properly, I can see some benefits, but as it is at the moment... I predict they will take it down again as it is clearly not 'finished'.:confused:

It might be best to leave the new Site "be" for a few days before you begin picking it apart.....especially in a public forum like this.

If you know anything about programming, increased traffic, and running "tests" while they are still figuring it out is only going to delay their process further.

It's not fair, but this is particularly true for those in Time Zones far removed from the mainland United States, because those lower traffic "off hours" is when Online maintenance is typically performed; if the techs cannot get their work done then, relatively unhindered, getting the Site finished really WILL take forever.

It might be best to leave the new Site "be" for a few days before you begin picking it apart.....especially in a public forum like this.

If you know anything about programming, increased traffic, and running "tests" while they are still figuring it out is only going to delay their process further.

It's not fair, but this is particularly true for those in Time Zones far removed from the mainland United States, because those lower traffic "off hours" is when Online maintenance is typically performed; if the techs cannot get their work done then, relatively unhindered, getting the Site finished really WILL take forever.

Yes, I do take your point. However... I think it would be useful from Oceania's point of view to have a brief statement on the home page, asking customers and potential customers to bear with them while they sort out any teething problems. New people to the site wouldn't necessarily know that it is new, and might assume that this is the 'norm' for Oceania and therefore become frustrated.

Greetings Cruise Critic Community. As some of you know from my previous posts, I oversee the online presence for Oceania Cruises. We will be checking this thread regularly to get an understanding of any issues users are experiencing and helping resolve them as quickly as possible.

kekilia - are you still having an issue with La Reserve? If you could be as specific as possible about what steps you took and button you pressed prior to getting stuck, it would be most helpful.

DaisyUK - I assume on the old website both of your cruises appeared on your Already Booked page, and that on the new site after logging in to My Account, you have clicked on Booked Cruises and you only have the one sailing there?

Thank you in advance for your patience!

Mike

Hi Mike - and thanks for listening to us!

I just went onto the site and was delighted to see all the cooking classes listed for our 1 april TA cruise. But when I went to book two more classes (now reading the descriptions I think I overlooked two...) I could book them but I could not "check out" nor pay for them. The screen froze when I asked it to "View Cart"...

No matter - teething problems are just that and I am sure you are working hard to fix them. Meantime I will ask my TA to please add me to those classes.

Thanks again! Gerry

DaisyUK - I assume on the old website both of your cruises appeared on your Already Booked page, and that on the new site after logging in to My Account, you have clicked on Booked Cruises and you only have the one sailing there?

Good Morning Mike, Firstly, I must apologise - I made a mistake in saying that my booked cruises were not listed. The first of the Back to Back cruises is listed in 'Upcoming Cruises' and the second is under 'Booked Cruises' along with the other cruises which I have booked but not yet paid in full. I hadn't noticed the tabs along the top.

The site is much quicker than previously:)

I have noticed some anomalies which I won't go into here, and which you are probably already aware of. If you would like a list of these, perhaps you could post your email address and I will send it through.

Hello from Sydney where we board Marina tomorrow. Personally, I have several core functional / data-driven problems with the new site that I hope to help you become aware of. I do this type of stuff every day in my current position (partially in charge of our many websites for a fortune 500 listed company).

Please let me know if you'd like me to detail them here on the public forum or if you'd like to communicate privately. I'd be happy to help as a I use the site pretty frequently. Of course I can't fix the back office code, but I can point out inconsistencies for resolution along the lines of Q&A. :)

My email is corpkid AT gmail DOT com

Edited by corpkid

Thank you all. I think for the time being I'd prefer you to list anything here. That way if someone else is having a similar problem, they know that it has already been reported, and when the issue is resolved, they will be aware of it being fixed as well.

Well designed site IMHO. How does one put in our club number as it is missing on my profile?

Thank you for the feedback. I assume that when you logged in to the old site that it had your Oceania Club number already there? It should have transferred over, so we will be sure to look into that.

To add your number if it is not there already, login at My Account and go to Edit Profile (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/myaccount/edit-profile/). Ensure that you have your name and date of birth complete, and save your profile information. Your Oceania Club information should then populate automatically, including your current level, past sailings, etc. on this page: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/myaccount/oceania-club/.

Just went to the new site for the first time and, not having read Mr. Moore's entire post, saw that my O Club number and past cruises were missing... I clicked the little "i" next to the Club number spot... went to profile at its suggestion (same as Mr. Moore's) and added in my birthdate and VOILA! All past cruise info is now there.

Thanks!

Donna

So far so good in terms of functionality....I'm finding navigation really easy and logical. On the other hand I know the look of websites is down to personal taste, but I'm finding the look of the site a little bland.

Conversely, I also have bookings with Silversea who have also just relaunched their site......The look is great, but the functionality is awful, with no logic to the navigation.

Hi Mike. Hope this makes sense: the "Find A Cruise" section. I prefer the older version as it would show a small map in the search results where you could see the itinerary map and all the ports. Now the new version lists a picture with scenery and you have to click on each listing to see the map of ports. I know there is a small map listed on each itinerary after you click on it, but I liked that you could see the map first so you could narrow down what you want to click. This way I can eliminate many itineraries so I don't need to click on each one. Just a suggestion. Thank you!

Well, I will add a few niggles as well. I just started looking at my profile.

I am told that my email address is invalid, but it isn't. It's even the email address you already use to send me mail. This has happened occasionally on other sites so it's not brand new problem but it's always an irritation.

It also shows that we have a balance due of $100 for our fully paid April 21st cruise on Marina.

It shows no past history at all but I have read how to fix that.

Mura

Thank you all. I think for the time being I'd prefer you to list anything here. That way if someone else is having a similar problem, they know that it has already been reported, and when the issue is resolved, they will be aware of it being fixed as well.

Hi,

Just chiming in: When I logged in last night, after the new site went up, it didn't show my booking at all, even when I tried to manually enter it. This morning it shows my booking and info just fine, but it also shows that I have a balance due. I did call O just now, and they did confirm that there is no balance due. Otherwise, so far so good.

JVNYC - When you are looking at the results of your search, if you click the "View as List" button just above where the result of matching cruises start, it will change how the information is presented to include a list of every port on the cruise.

Mura - The balance due issue should be resolved - the website should actually simply display when your final payment was due/paid - with no place to review the amount due (assuming you made your booking through a travel agent). If you could send me an email to mmoore@prestigecruiseholdings.com with your email address, we will look into what that problem is. It sounds like it was happening on the old website too from time to time?

Softball20 - is your booking through a travel agent or directly with us? If you could also email me your booking number I'll be happy to have it looked into for you.

Mike, you asked for glitches, so here goes:

Land programs: Website says "you have 3 land programs booked." It lists the Mar 28 land program 3 times on 3 lines, but the other 2 land programs don't show.

Hotels: Website says "you have 0 hotels booked." We have 3 nights pre-cruise hotel.

Shore ex: Website says "you have 29 booked shore excursions." It lists three, but it don't show the others.

We are thrilled to see that progress is being made, and that on-line booking of shore excursions has been restored. Thanks for your efforts.

Mike, you asked for glitches, so here goes

Could I ask you to email me your booking number to mmoore@prestigecruiseholdings.com so we can review? Thank you all for your patience and cooperation!

Glad you are enjoying the new site Paulchili!

Edited by Mike Moore