Millennium Hairdryer

nunuc2000

Just trying to decide if I bring my own hairdryer or not on the Millennium. What kind of hairdryer is available in the ocean view rooms? Is it the horrible wall attachment style in the bathroom? Or a desk area type that is attached to a drawer? Or is it a regular type that can be plugged in at the vanity desk area?

My hair dryer experience on the Millennium is this --- a regular hair dryer was located in a drawer and it could be plugged into a socket on the desk. I didn't care for the dryer as I had to continuously hold down the power button in order for it to work --- made it hard on my hand and awkward for styling my hair.

My hair isn't very long, nor is it terribly thick, so it's not crucial to have a heavy powered blow dryer. BUT... the location of a hairdryer is important to me. I'm trying to balance the extra weight in my suitcase, convenience of a dryer in the room, and suitability of said dryer for my hair. If the ones in the room are truly that horrible, then I guess I better do a little repacking to accommodate my dryer from home.

The hairdryers are 1 step down from the dreaded attached to a wall type in hotels. The ones on the ships can be plugged in at different locations but you must hold down the button or it cuts off. Yes - tape, rubber band, etc. will work but it is awkward. Do yourself a favor and just bring a travel size one - you'll be happier and they weigh next to nothing.

Thanks everyone... sounds like i can save a little space and weight and use the one in the cabin. I'll bring a velcro strap I use for the ones on the Carnival - that usually works just fine :)

Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine works well. Your hair may be a little frizzed but after the wine, who cares!

Thanks, I needed that laugh since I've been sick in the cabin all day. Didn't leave at all. Wished my stomach could handle some wine or anything at all for that matter.

As for the hairdryer I would just use the one on the ship. Have fun.

Thanks, I needed that laugh since I've been sick in the cabin all day. Didn't leave at all. Wished my stomach could handle some wine or anything at all for that matter.

As for the hairdryer I would just use the one on the ship. Have fun.

Hope you are soon feeling better...a good excuse for a cognac?

I'd NEVER use the one on the ship. I'd prefer to leave home the extra pair of shoes or pack a wig! My hair is long and thick and tends to frizz if not dried with a good hairdryer, and I can't stand having to hold down the button or jerry-rig it. I'm very surprised by the previous responses.

I'd NEVER use the one on the ship. I'd prefer to leave home the extra pair of shoes or pack a wig! My hair is long and thick and tends to frizz if not dried with a good hairdryer, and I can't stand having to hold down the button or jerry-rig it. I'm very surprised by the previous responses.

If I had the type of hair you describe, I would probably bring my own dryer. My hair is short, fine and not very thick. It takes less than 5 minutes to dry (maybe 3 minutes); therefore I use the dryer provided by the ship. Everybody has a different set of priorities!:)

Just trying to decide if I bring my own hairdryer or not on the Millennium. What kind of hairdryer is available in the ocean view rooms? Is it the horrible wall attachment style in the bathroom? Or a desk area type that is attached to a drawer? Or is it a regular type that can be plugged in at the vanity desk area?

Is am so glad you asked this question! My concern is if the room's hairdryer has a cool setting. My hair is very fine so I never use a hot or warm setting....always cool. Call me weird but can any of you answer this question?

Is am so glad you asked this question! My concern is if the room's hairdryer has a cool setting. My hair is very fine so I never use a hot or warm setting....always cool. Call me weird but can any of you answer this question?

There is only high and low.

• 1 month later...

I saw this in Indiegogo which is where people collect money/preorders for innovative products. Thinking of trying this new hairdryer since the ones on ALL the ships seem to be weaker each time (or I'm getting more impatient).

I am a minimalist packer which is why I don't bring a hairdryer but if this one works, I'm adding it to my packing list!