Traditional dining - do you have to sit with others?

I was reading another post which implied that, although you can sit just with your own party on My Time Dining, you would have to sit as part of a larger group if you take Traditional Dining option. As I booked comparatively late this year, all the MTD had been taken and we are on the 8.30 pm sitting. Might sound a bit unfriendly of us, but we prefer not to share a table with others - we like meeting new people in the bar, on excursions etc, but not at dinner. Do we have to sit in a group on Traditional Dining or can we request a table on our own? If so, how do we do this - when we first arrive, or before? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I was reading another post which implied that, although you can sit just with your own party on My Time Dining, you would have to sit as part of a larger group if you take Traditional Dining option. As I booked comparatively late this year, all the MTD had been taken and we are on the 8.30 pm sitting. Might sound a bit unfriendly of us, but we prefer not to share a table with others - we like meeting new people in the bar, on excursions etc, but not at dinner. Do we have to sit in a group on Traditional Dining or can we request a table on our own? If so, how do we do this - when we first arrive, or before? Any advice would be much appreciated.

You can definitely request a table for just yourselves. I would first contact an agent over the phone to do this, then once you board go to the dining room & locate your assigned table. If they haven't given you a private table, find the maitre d and see if he can help you out.

On our last cruise, it was the first time that we were assigned a table to ourselves (we were 3) when all we requested was Traditional. The neighbours were two people at a table for four.

We usually request a table for 2..the last time we didn't we sat with a 'lovely' couple and every night the husband would stir his coffee with his fork... His used fork from dinner.. Not a clean one... A used one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We usually request a table for 2..the last time we didn't we sat with a 'lovely' couple and every night the husband would stir his coffee with his fork... His used fork from dinner.. Not a clean one... A used one.

If it was his fork and his coffee, why does it matter that he used the same fork from dinner?? It is his saliva that was on it!

I get that Ms. Manners would specify a spoon, but aside from stuffy etiquette books who gives a rip??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it was his fork and his coffee, why does it matter that he used the same fork from dinner?? It is his saliva that was on it!

I get that Ms. Manners would specify a spoon, but aside from stuffy etiquette books who gives a rip??

Do you want steak particles in your coffee? I don't.

do you want steak particles in your coffee? I don't.

Sent from my nexus 6p using tapatalk

as long as he isn't stirring my coffee i don't give a rat's patootie what he wants in his

sent from my iphone using forums

I wipe my fork with the tablecloth first!:eek:;):D

I was reading another post which implied that, although you can sit just with your own party on My Time Dining, you would have to sit as part of a larger group if you take Traditional Dining option. As I booked comparatively late this year, all the MTD had been taken.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I would suggest that as soon as you board, the earlier the better, go to the MTD desk and ask to be added to MTD seating. Can't hurt and you will probably be successful.

Another option is to Email RCCL with your request for a table for two. Include your preferred dining time, table size, ship and sail date.

Edited by davekathy

TBH I had to double check which board I was on. The horror at a fork made me think I was on the Celebrity board (I am hopping between them).

Oh the humanity. Reminds me of the shorts in the MDR thread that is going on right now. How someone had their cruise ruined by seeing shorts in the MDR(to the point where they complained to the head waiter and the maitre d'). Seriously if what other people are wearing, ruins your cruise, then you really need to rethink your priorities.

Edited by Lordnlkon

Oh the humanity. Reminds me of the shorts in the MDR thread that is going on right now. How someone had their cruise ruined by seeing shorts in the MDR(to the point where they complained to the head waiter and the maitre d'). Seriously if what other people are wearing, ruins your cruise, then you really need to rethink your priorities.

Exactly!!

And I will add if how someone else stirs their coffee bothers you that much to the "then you need to rethink your priorities" list.

Either that or those types of "complaints" are pictured next to "First World Problems"...

UGH. We haven't had to sit with anyone for our evening meals but at breakfast we've twice been with opinionated and very patronising men who want to put us straight on our views... just smiling sweetly and waiting for the meal to be over are not how I want to spend my evenings, too!

You can definitely request a table for just yourselves. I would first contact an agent over the phone to do this, then once you board go to the dining room & locate your assigned table. If they haven't given you a private table, find the maitre d and see if he can help you out.

Thank you - that's really good to know. I will try that.:)