What to do in Belize, besides cave tubing?

MaiTaiMary

The "cave tubing" thing just doesn't appeal to me. What else is popular to do there?? I thought for sure there would be an excursion to the Great Blue Hole, but I don't see one.

We decided to skip ruins, too. What other sites are recommended to see here or Carnival excursions??

The blue hole is too far away, so no excursions there. We did a snorkel tour to Rendezvous Cay. It was a teeny tiny island opposite way of going to land. The excursion boat picked us up at the ship. It was a good snorkel tour. They had three groups: beginners, intermediate, advanced. You picked based on your past. After snorkeling there was time to hang out on the island. They had drinks and food for sale.

We did the Altun Ha Mayan ruins tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are looking at that tour as well. One also goes to Bacab Jungle Park.The other is on a river boat to the ruins.

How did you like your trur?

We are looking at that tour as well. One also goes to Bacab Jungle Park.The other is on a river boat to the ruins.

How did you like your trur?

Loved it, the guides explained things the entire way through the city out to the ruin site, gave us history of the Mayan culture and we got to climb and go into some of the ruins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be adventurous! Swim with the sharks and stingrays at Shark-Ray Alley. :D

DW would never swim with sharks.

Also, we live on the beach in south Georgia and generally don't do beaches while on a cruise. We prefer historical and cultural sites, like Mayan ruins.

Any positive and/or negative comments? Would you recommend this tour?

Liked this very much, took all day, so when we got back to port only had 30 minutes to look around before getting on the tender back. The tenders here are 15-20 minutes long ride as the ship can't get as close to the shore as it can in other places. Next year we are going back and hope to do the other ruins tour that is offered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...