disembarking Princess in Los Angeles??

monctonmama

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the Ruby arrives in port at 7.00 am, is there enough time for the two of us to get a taxi and catch an Alaskan Air flight from the LAX airport at 1:20 pm?

Also, what is the cruise terminal called at the Los Angeles port? Just in case it matters, we are Canadians, if the Customs takes longer to go through? Thanks so much.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the Ruby arrives in port at 7.00 am, is there enough time for the two of us to get a taxi and catch an Alaskan Air flight from the LAX airport at 1:20 pm?

Also, what is the cruise terminal called at the Los Angeles port? Just in case it matters, we are Canadians, if the Customs takes longer to go through? Thanks so much.

Plenty of time.

http://www.portoflosangeles.org/

We disembarked from the Golden in March in LA. It was chaotic. The first groups were hours late getting off. The international customs line was much longer than the U.S. Beware.

Even so, you'll probably make a 1:20 flight.

Hello,

Not sure where you are in Canada (or if you are Canadian's living in US), but I would recommend a NEXUS card. We run across the boarder all the time and take the cruises from Vancouver to the states frequently (will book Dec 15 on Ruby soon). We get through the lines everywhere, especially the airport and customs so much faster. It is worth every penny of the $50...so if you live near the boarder check it out. We were actually looking at the flight just before that.

Hello,

You will make it. We usually take the 1:45 to Sacramento, plenty of time. LAX is the airport letters.

Edited by elliair

Hello,

Usually it is very organized and the international lines seem to go pretty smooth also. However, they do make Canadians hand out Macintosh toffee to the Americans before they leave.

Terminal is called the World Cruise Center and is actually in San Pedro.

Of course I am joking about the toffee but since I was born in Vancouver, and have dual citizenship now, I still love some of the candy from the land above.

I live just north of the airport and last October I got off the Golden Princess and was in my house by 9:30A. You will have plenty of time and plan on a lot of sitting at the airport. Really no rush giving off the ship.

Now I'm the one that's stressed because our flight is at 11h30am. It was the last direct flight back to Montreal

11:30 is cutting it a little close...BUT, you should still be able to make it...

Best if you roll your own luggage off the ship and get off as early as they allow...(No matter what they put on the itinerary, it probably won't be at 7:00 am)...But, let's say you are off by 8:00 and allow a half an hour to make it through whatever line and Customs...and are in a taxi or other ride by 9:00, the trip to LAX is only 20 miles...and, if it's a weekend disembarkation, should not take more than half an hour...Weekday, maybe an hour at the most...

So, you should be at LAX by around 9:30-10:00 at the latest...

No matter what you hear about lines for check-in (Check in ahead of time by internet if your airline allows) and security at LAX, most of the time they are not that bad...and, if you are running late, they may let you cut in line...Or, if you can get the TSA Pre-clearance, that will shortcut the line as well...

Now I'm the one that's stressed because our flight is at 11h30am. It was the last direct flight back to Montreal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're concerned, do the self disembarkation where you carry off your own luggage. You will be among the first ones off. And don't wait for a Princess transfer. They will want to fill the bus before leaving for the airport.

Not sure where you are in Canada (or if you are Canadian's living in US), but I would recommend a NEXUS card. We run across the boarder all the time and take the cruises from Vancouver to the states frequently (will book Dec 15 on Ruby soon). We get through the lines everywhere, especially the airport and customs so much faster. It is worth every penny of the $50...so if you live near the boarder check it out. We were actually looking at the flight just before that.

There are no express lines or kiosks for CBP in the ports.

You would not have made that flight if you were on our cruise last September.

The first walk-off wasn't until almost 8:30am. We didn't get to the airport until almost 10:00am.

The traffic to the airport was horrible and once in the airport was worst. It was on a Saturday......so you never know what traffic will be like.

The security lines were also extremely long.

We were dropped off at the first terminal. Luckily our flight wasn't until after 12:00pm so we weren't stressed.

We always do a 10:40 flight from LA. ;)

I booked a flight today leaving at 12:45, we'll self embark and catch the Super Shuttle.

12:45 is only 15 minutes before the recommended time. That's much better than a 10:30 flight.

You would not have made that flight if you were on our cruise last September.

The first walk-off wasn't until almost 8:30am. We didn't get to the airport until almost 10:00am.

The traffic to the airport was horrible and once in the airport was worst. It was on a Saturday......so you never know what traffic will be like.

The security lines were also extremely long.

We were dropped off at the first terminal. Luckily our flight wasn't until after 12:00pm so we weren't stressed.

Yes, but we have already established that you lead a charmed life. :p

Always ready to change plans and either catch a later flight or spend the night. Nothing to freak over. :o

Even someone with a 6:00pm flight can have issues.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

12:45 is only 15 minutes before the recommended time. That's much better than a 10:30 flight.

Princess recommends no flight out of LAX earlier than 5.5 hours after scheduled arrival.

So with a 7:00 AM scheduled arrival, a 12:45 PM flight is 15 minutes past the earliest recommended time.

Hello,

To reiterate, the cruise terminal is the "World Cruise Center" at the Port of Los Angeles, which is in the community called San Pedro (which is a part of the City of LA), but we locals may also called it "the harbor."

It's not that far (maybe about six or seven miles) from the Port of Long Beach, which Carnival uses (Princess may use it for a stop on a coastal, but never embarks or disembarks from there).

Generally any flight after 1pm is a safe bet unless there's special circumstances (like a police action at the airport, a major earthquake, really awful weather). From noon to 1, probably the same. I would never go for any flight before 11am after a cruise, especially not an international one.

• 1 year later...
Robinsoncruiseso Doe's the Mexican Boarder pay rent? I remember really awful weather in LA, once in 1990 and again in 1996. Rained both days. Most people will tell you it's an hour to LAX from the Port of San Pedro which is at he end of 110 Freeway. Only foreigners, (People from East of California) will say Interstate 110. It is 41 miles and traffic at 11 AM isn't all that bad usually. People drive 100 MPH seems like. I lived in Bell Gardens and worked at Long Beach Airport and drove freeways there for a long time. Better than most cities although Dallas has a great system. Edited by WupperAV