Questions about WOW bands on the Harmony of the Seas

cubalinda

Hi there. I will be on the Harmony of the Seas April 29th on an Eastern Caribbean cruise and was wondering about the WOW bands.

Are they available on this ship? If so, how much are they? (I thought I read a post some time ago that they were complimentary, but yet another said they were not?- probably for a fee)

Where and when are they available if I wanted one?

What can they do? (be nice here).

They cannot be used to get on/off the ship correct?

If I have a beverage package do I have to take my WOW band off and give it to the roaming waitstaff to bring to the bar (provided I am on a lounger by the pool or in a theater etc.)?

What are your impressions of them? Worth it or not?

Thanks for your input.

I've heard they are free for suite guests and $4.99?, for us common folk. Not sure about the other stuff other than you need your card to get on and off boat.

Think you can pick them up at guest services or possibly a specific area set up for it. I've heard both.

Edited by dwayneb236

If your in a Jnr Suite or above there in your room waiting for you if not i think there about $4.99 to buy.

We found them excellent for days on deck by the pool, only down side was you had to take them off to give to the bar tender when you want a drink. You can get into your cabin with them just hold them against the lock and even better you can keep them, then when your on another ship with WOW bands you head to guest services and they revalidate them for you.

Sorry i meant to say yes there totally waterproof they look just like a watch have to say. Thats why i liked them you can wear them in the pool or hot tub, there easy to get in and out of your room and you can purchase drinks with them. Just remember if your getting off or on the ship to take your sea pass card and ID as normal

Looks like to me the bartenders would have a mobile drive to scan them. Kinds defeats the purpose if you ask me. I do like the convenience of them but I could see a bartender accidentally getting them confused if he is doing 2-3 drinks at a time. At least with cards, you can make sure you get yours back.

The bands are supposedly reusable.

We learned on the Anthem over a year ago, that we could take them to the desk that issued new bands, that they would issue you a new one if you turned in your old one. Was just wondering if anyone has done this in the past few months/

Looks like to me the bartenders would have a mobile drive to scan them. Kinds defeats the purpose if you ask me. I do like the convenience of them but I could see a bartender accidentally getting them confused if he is doing 2-3 drinks at a time. At least with cards, you can make sure you get yours back.

We've been given some one else's card back many times...Not interested in this cruise "jewelry" at all...not my style.

Using a similar band at a Disney park is fun for a day. Using the wow band for a week having a funny white tan around it is not fun for me. I don't like to hand my sea pass on the beck but in my pocket. Even if the wow band were free I don't see I could like to have a plastic watch on my wrist to basically open my cabin door[emoji777]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have OBC can it be used to purchase this band? If I go to a bar do I really have to take the band off every time I order a drink? Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes, you can use OBC to purchase.