Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

Thanks, CJ. I appreciate the kudos.

The camera was in an Ikelite housing. There was not one single drop of water or grain of salt inside the housing. I already reached out to Ikelite and gave them the story. They are currently trying to track the serial number for me. I should have an answer on Tuesday.

Congrats on your success Paul..the sea turtle footage would make a great commercial for Ikelite :)

I think this story deserves to be on main/home page of CC:)

Edited by emmy

Just finished reading all the posts over on scubaboard, what an amazing bit of detective work they did, from identifying the plane to even finding the exact locations the scuba-men photos were taken from. Brilliant work all round.

Echoing the sentiments of others here - What an amazing story!! You did great work, and I am so happy to discover that you were able to find the owners. Fantastic!

As a sidebar, if the dive mask I lost off the coast of Barbados finds its way to your backyard, let me know...! :D:D

Echoing the sentiments of others here - What an amazing story!! You did great work, and I am so happy to discover that you were able to find the owners. Fantastic!

As a sidebar, if the dive mask I lost off the coast of Barbados finds its way to your backyard, let me know...! :D:D

Thank you, Jacquelyn! You know, I find dive masks and snorkels all the time. Unfortunately, unless they have something along the lines of Nemo's "P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Lane, Sydney,".....well.....you know. ;)

Just finished reading all the posts over on scubaboard, what an amazing bit of detective work they did, from identifying the plane to even finding the exact locations the scuba-men photos were taken from. Brilliant work all round.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that. For those who have not read the scubaboard thread, there is one picture of a girl standing at an airport fence. When we were still pin-pointing a location, someone who works in aviation was able to confirm the Continental jet's tail number as having been in Aruba on the date of the photo.

2667095100080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by Aquahound

They say KARMA always comes around--if it's good it comes up behind you and gives you a little boost-if it's bad it comes out of that tunnel like a freight train!

No worries for you. :cool: :)

Unbelievable that the camera made it so far and in such great shape.
Not unbelievable, trust me. :)

As a past owner of (multiple)Ikelite equipment

I can testify that said camera could easily have floated the world's oceans for another year, completely intact!

Perhaps the only thing that may have caused serious damage

is if a large ship's propeller blade gave it a whack, which may have split the housing

but it would take something of that nature to even make a dent.

Ikelite products are totally bulletproof.

If you're serious about underwater housings -Ikelite! ;)

I have it right here at my house! :D

Looks a bit beat-up, probably of no further use.

Willing to mail it to you if you send a postal address, but you have to pay Postage..

Great job Paul....wish everyone in this world was like you! Besides your heroics was this a trick to get me to the RCL boards for the first time ever....lol.......have a great day and happy cruising everyone!

Thanks, Bruce! Your post led me over to post on the Carnival boards....a first for me also (I think)! ;)

This whole thing is just amazing! Thank you so much for all your hard work. Of course, Finding Nemo being just about my favorite movie ever, I love the little parallels to it in this story, LOL. I can't wait to find out how this all wraps up!

There is a lesson we can all learn from this camera saga:

1. Put an address label on the back or side of your camera that includes your cell/phone # and email address.

PLUS

2. On your computer type your name, address, phone, email address, etc. in big print and then take a picture of it. Then anyone scrolling through the pictures will find your information.

Should you lose your camera, any honest person will be able to easily get it back to you.

There is a lesson we can all learn from this camera saga:

1. Put an address label on the back or side of your camera that includes your cell/phone # and email address.

PLUS

2. On your computer type your name, address, phone, email address, etc. in big print and then take a picture of it. Then anyone scrolling through the pictures will find your information.

Should you lose your camera, any honest person will be able to easily get it back to you.

Very good points BUT if the owner had done that Aquahound would not have been able to entertain us the way he had. And I for one sure did enjoy the turtle video!

Good job Aquahound. And good job to the scuba board folks as well. I read all through that thread as well.

You are sure that's the owner? I know, it's probably the cynic in me ....

Regardless, it's a fantastic story. =)

Yea, I'm certain. I've spoken with the owners through other means and they confirmed ownership by stating what their activity was underwater. I purposely held back a piece of info so I could confirm ownership.

I can mention it now. The camera owner was sawing on an anchor chain underway. The anchor was from a ship sunk during WWII. They were recovering the anchor. That anchor has now been made in to a WWII memorial in Aruba. Here is a link to that info. The owner is one of the photographers:

http://www.lago-colony.com/ANCHORS_FROM_ORANJESTAD_HARBOR/SECOND_ANCHOR/DEDACATION/move_to_savaneta.htm

Hey Aqua You The Man!!

Just shows what a honest and hard working man you are

I respect you for that

Alot of people would have kept the camera equipment for themselves

Good Job and Congrats!