Going from the Koningsdam ... to this!!

debsjc

After having a very luxurious 2 weeks on the Koningsdam last month, I have just booked up my next 'cruise' sailing around Croatia on this little 18 cabin boat.

It's going to be a big culture shock having no buffet, no one leaving me fresh towels, and the tiniest cabin I have ever seen. Hopefully the scenery will be beautiful, and the chance to jump into the clear Adriatic sea every day will make it worth missing out on a few comforts :D

eden.jpg.800x600_q92.jpg

After having a very luxurious 2 weeks on the Koningsdam last month, I have just booked up my next 'cruise' sailing around Croatia on this little 18 cabin boat.

It's going to be a big culture shock having no buffet, no one leaving me fresh towels, and the tiniest cabin I have ever seen. Hopefully the scenery will be beautiful, and the chance to jump into the clear Adriatic sea every day

Doe that bott have a name? Will your cabin bew serviced, batrhroom washed, bed made?

will make it worth missing out on a few comforts :D

eden.jpg.800x600_q92.jpg

Have you sailed her before? How many days is yoru trip?

Thank you, I think you are all right - it will be a totally different experience, but hopefully good fun. I love swimming, and each day they anchor and everyone can jump in the water, so I know that will appeal to me.

It's the MS Eden, I have booked up for a 7 day trip round trip from Split, and I have never been on a boat like this before. I have been on the Star Clippers, but nothing this tiny. As far as I know they don't clean the cabins during the week.

Another part of the adventure is that I am going alone, which is a first as well. The cabins are so small, I am kind of glad to have it to myself really!

And I'm going from this:

symphony.jpg

to this:

caribemsy.jpg

I do get fresh towels daily as needed, but no buffet (except for a table of cereals and so forth at breakfast and I strongly doubt that my cell is any bigger than yours.

Creature comforts are not everything; the people who care for us, our fellow passengers, and the places we experience are important also.

Vive la difference

Roy

And I'm going from this:

symphony.jpg

to this:

caribemsy.jpg

I do get fresh towels daily as needed, but no buffet (except for a table of cereals and so forth at breakfast and I strongly doubt that my cell is any bigger than yours.

Creature comforts are not everything; the people who care for us, our fellow passengers, and the places we experience are important also.

Vive la difference

Roy

Indeed, it IS a bout the people. HAL has always been ab out the people for me and my late D.H. I have missed those HAL people a great deal and look forward to my upcoming cruise.

hope all enjoy their sailing adventures, not matter, the ship, the destination or creature comforts. All... travel safely and enjoy.

rafinmd - Hope you enjoy your new 'home' at sea. As you say the people we meet, and places we get the chance to see are more important than luxury.

sail7seas - I have checked and they 2 change the towels once, half way through, but no cabin service. To be honest i'm not much of a 'clean' freak so it won't bother me much. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the crew and other passengers are friendly.

rafinmd - Hope you enjoy your new 'home' at sea. As you say the people we meet, and places we get the chance to see are more important than luxury.

sail7seas - I have checked and they 2 change the towels once, half way through, but no cabin service. To be honest i'm not much of a 'clean' freak so it won't bother me much. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the crew and other passengers are friendly.

I most sinc erely wish you wonderful trip. Lots about it sounds great. Be safe and enjoy every moment

One of our favorite cruises was on the Mercantile, part of the Maine Windjammer Cruises fleet. Our cabin was so tiny that only one of us could stand up at a time. The bunks were in an "L" shape without enough room to sit up in bed. The bathrooms were shared. We did not have one near our cabin--having to climb up the ladder. During the day, we had to put all our belongings up on the beds or on hooks because the floors would flood as the vessel sailed.

Geoherb...we've also sailed on the Mercantile and loved it! A ship built by my cousin's wife's family. Yes, no privacy! At night it was "goodnight Mary, Goodnight John...etc. Different from our HAL ships but just as enjoyable in a different way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of our favorite cruises was on the Mercantile, part of the Maine Windjammer Cruises fleet. Our cabin was so tiny that only one of us could stand up at a time. The bunks were in an "L" shape without enough room to sit up in bed. The bathrooms were shared. We did not have one near our cabin--having to climb up the ladder. During the day, we had to put all our belongings up on the beds or on hooks because the floors would flood as the vessel sailed.

It sounds fun, but I draw the line at shared bathrooms! :eek:

How do you book something like this? I probably won't do it -but I love to read about it . I hope you will post some kind of review when you get back

I booked direct through the operator in Croatia, they do have bigger boats as well, which are more expensive

http://www.atlas-croatia.com/arrangement/adriatic-cruise-ms-eden-a100/

http://www.atlas-croatia.com/arrangement/adriatic-cruise-from-split-ms-desire-ms-arca-a150/

I'm not going until September, but I will report back in this topic to let everyone know how it was.

It's going to be a big culture shock having no buffet, no one leaving me fresh towels, and the tiniest cabin I have ever seen. Hopefully the scenery will be beautiful, and the chance to jump into the clear Adriatic sea every day will make it worth missing out on a few comforts :D

I think you win the internet on this topic. Ours is less spectacular, but if current plans hold we will go from ms Veendam to Croisieurope's 22 pgr ms Raymonde.

2018_zpskzlcwe00.jpg

I sailed the coast of Croatia in a 49 passenger ship several years ago. One of the best trips ever! I hope you enjoy your trip!

Thank you, glad you had a good time :cool:

That boat looks much, much larger than 18 feet!

Yes, it's 18 cabins, but 35 metres long :)

I think you win the internet on this topic. Ours is less spectacular, but if current plans hold we will go from ms Veendam to Croisieurope's 22 pgr ms Raymonde.

It's interesting how many people on this board have sailed on small ships, it just goes to show we all love being on the water in almost any vessel.

You made a very sound decision and I believe you'll have a marvelous and memorable cruise.

We did a cruise on the Wind Jammer Yankee Clipper down through the Grenadines many years ago and it remains one of our most memorable and pleasant memories.

I hope you have a blast !!!