No access to the Diamond lounge for diamond members

Sounds like an over reaction, however, it is an inevitability, that the lounge privileges will be removed from diamonds when the numbers of diamonds keep rising. Hard for RCCL to remove the benefit that encourages more RCCL cruises for Diamonds and potential Diamonds. H

This isn't really about the number of Diamonds, Harry. It's the total number of "upper tier" people on a popular transatlantic cruise.

:)

This is the first I've read of this issue of Diamonds being kicked out of the lounge.

We are also onboard Serenade and have been for this cruise and the previous fjords cruise.

Diamonds have not been kicked out of the lounge, they have the entire safari club as a diamond lounge on deck 6.

Diamond plus are using the Diamond Lounge on Deck 13, and suites and Pinnacles are using the Concierge Lounge on deck 13.

We were onboard last week also, and concierge lounge was open for suites, pinnacles and diamond plus. However, over 500 diamond and over 300 diamond plus boarded for the transatlantic, so they had to separate the lounges. All lounges have the same drinks and the same hors'd'oerves, and both the diamond lounge and safari club have better views.

No one would be happy to squeeze 800 diamond, diamond plus into the diamond lounge,

I think it was a great solution, everyone has a place to go and enjoy a cocktail and conversation.

Wow...that makes a LOT of sense! :) Wonder if the extremely heavy C&A 10/11 night

Serenade cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale this winter will do the same? We had over 800

D's and above last February on our 10 night. Both the CL and the DL (even with opening

the overflow door into the VCL) were very crowded. I would love to see the Safari lounge

on D,D+,and P heavy cruises utilized for cocktail hour! :)

Edited by island lady

I remember when CC used to be just great facts about shipboard life, not just a guessing game by some here.

It sounds like some people like Bill and Rita (negc) who are presently aboard are giving a very positive review of what Royal Caribbean did to keep so many D and D+ happy.

Nice report Bill!

Rick

Totally agree Rick!! :)

I think what many newly minted D's do not realize, is that not so long ago, the

D's were kicked out of the CL. This was before they started putting in the DL

on ships.

We actually totally enjoyed our time in the "Diamond Event" lounges before

they put in the DL venues. :)

I think what many newly minted D's do not realize, is that not so long ago, the

D's were kicked out of the CL. This was before they started putting in the DL

on ships.

We actually totally enjoyed our time in the "Diamond Event" lounges before

they put in the DL venues. :)

It will be 7 years on September 1, 2009.

Wow...that makes a LOT of sense! :) Wonder if the extremely heavy C&A 10/11 night

Serenade cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale this winter will do the same? We had over 800

D's and above last February on our 10 night. Both the CL and the DL (even with opening

the overflow door into the VCL) were very crowded. I would love to see the Safari lounge

on D,D+,and P heavy cruises utilized for cocktail hour! :)

I sure hope not. We will be on one of these cruises in a Suite. Hope we can get into the SL.

Edited by troykahack

So I guess there's no point in discussing any changes here........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, I love them to be discussed. But so many believe they are entitled to these benefits, that they were earned and CAN NOT be taken away.

Feel free to discuss rolling eyes. rolling eyes... rolling eyes....

Oh, I love them to be discussed. But so many believe they are entitled to these benefits, that they were earned and CAN NOT be taken away.

Feel free to discuss rolling eyes. rolling eyes... rolling eyes....

Rolling, rolling, rolling...... - :D

I sure hope not. We will be on one of these cruises in a Suite. Hope we can get into the SL.

Why would you hope they wouldn't make an adjustment?

If you are getting a suite, and expect to get into the CL, then you would WANT the massive number of D and D+ moved to a more appropriately sized area. That way Suite holders can use the lounge they paid for.

Edited by alfaeric

If you are getting a suite, and expect to get into the CL, then you would WANT the massive number of D and D+ moved to a more appropriately sized area. That way Suite holders can use the lounge they paid for.

I think he was looking to get into the "SL" ...we could tell him it is a new

installation on deck 1 of Serenade! ;) :p

I get it... no SL, I should have said as I generally do, SL/CL ...

So, you are saying Suite guests should be forbidden use of SL/CL because of the overflow of status guests?

I get it... no SL, I should have said as I generally do, SL/CL ...

So, you are saying Suite guests should be forbidden use of SL/CL because of the overflow of status guests?

No.

I'm not sure how "moving D and D+'s to a more appropriately sized area" can be read to keep suite guests out of the lounge.

Especially when I wrote "that way Suite holders can use the lounge they paid for" right after that.

You are reading it the opposite that I wrote it.

The difference between CL and SL is not important.

You should WANT the big D and D+ crowd moved. You get more space that way. Or in some cases, space at all. I don't know how to write that so that it's more clear.

No.

I'm not sure how "moving D and D+'s to a more appropriately sized area" can be read to keep suite guests out of the lounge.

Especially when I wrote "that way Suite holders can use the lounge they paid for" right after that.

You are reading it the opposite that I wrote it.

The difference between CL and SL is not important.

You should WANT the big D and D+ crowd moved. You get more space that way. Or in some cases, space at all. I don't know how to write that so that it's more clear.

Ok, SORRY.....

I misunderstood .... I thought someone says it always a problem with the long cruises over Thanksgiving with 800+ people of D,D+, and P... with too many people trying to get into the DL and CL/SL. What if a Suite guest wanted to go to the CL at 630 pm? If 800 people with Status, would a Suite guest be turned away?

Ok, SORRY.....

I misunderstood .... I thought someone says it always a problem with the long cruises over Thanksgiving with 800+ people of D,D+, and P... with too many people trying to get into the DL and CL/SL. What if a Suite guest wanted to go to the CL at 630 pm? If 800 people with Status, would a Suite guest be turned away?

Our experience has been that if there are too many D/D+/PC Members on board, they use the CL for Suite Guests and PC Members and move the D/D+ to a venue that can be used by both, since they both get the same amenities in their respective lounges. D/D+/PC Members have the 3 complimentary drinks loaded onto their SeaPass Card, so they can chose just about any bar they want between 5:00-8:30.

TAs were the first to use the 3 drink cards and it spread throughout all itineraries.

With over 1000 D and above on my Harmony TA next month it will be interesting to see how Royal handles the crowd.

There will be a loooong coffee line in the mornings....lol

Gosh, I thought up until the SL was established a couple of years ago, it was always the concierge lounge and then the Diamond lounge. [emoji18]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are correct, for many years it was named Concierge Lounge and when created Diamond Lounge. RCL has since changed the names from Lounge to Club. I am not sure when but when Suite Lounges were created sounds about right. After about 15 years of calling is Lounge it may take some time for people to call it Club. (if we ever do)

With over 1000 D and above on my Harmony TA next month it will be interesting to see how Royal handles the crowd.

With 1500+ on last years Allure TA

they had the 2 lounges outside of ice rink for us, besides Dazzles 2 use every night

During the day the DL was mostly quiet with a few people snoring:D

We have been on 2 Trans Atlantic's where there were a huge number of D, D+ and even though there was a large evening event in the Lotus Lounge (on Mariner) with drinks and snacks, we were still able to access the Diamond lounge any time we wanted.