FTTF pricing

TXFATGUY

If FTTF is so popular and sells out every time, Why don't they raise the price and let it be a true profit center? If I have something that sells out almost instantly, I would raise my pricing to balance the supply versus demand. If demand is low, you drop the rate. It would treat FTTF just as they do the cruise fares.

Well if I was diamond or platinum or whichever status gets priority, I might want less people to buy FTTF. I have no idea at all what status OP is or what his logic is, but that's one reason that comes to mind.

While your economic theory is correct, you must also understand that they are selling an experience.

Allow people to feel some of the platinum perks and they are much more likely to set reaching platinum as a goal.

Enhance the experience for cruisers, whether it's their first time or not, and they are much more likely to want to book again and book on Carnival.

That's my reasoning, YMMV.:)

as a consumer, why would you go out of you way to tell a business to raise their prices? the only answer here is you feel you are rich and dont want others to experience what you are and that makes you an elitist snob, and if thats the case you sailing the wrong line.

I am just a business man that looks at all cost versus value and noticed Carnival isn't paying attention to the market.

Some buy it for the thrill of going directly to your cabin, but others want it because they have small children or a handicapped person with them.

They only sell 15 at a time, so no wonder they sell our quickly:rolleyes:

OP...it costs Carnival NOTHING to sell FTTF. It is what Platinum and Diamond get but worked for. Now they are SELLING it and making a $50 profit!

At first they said it was limited to 15 but I have seen them open it up to 30. Who knows....they might sell more than we know.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

OP...it costs Carnival NOTHING to sell FTTF. It is what Platinum and Diamond get but worked for. Now they are SELLING it and making a $50 profit!

At first they said it was limited to 15 but I have seen them open it up to 30. Who knows....they might sell more than we know.

On the recent Pride repo trip, there were over 700 diamond/platinum cruisers and 60 FTTF sold. I too agree that $50 is a reasonable price and it is a great profit for Carnival. Why price it too high like their photos. And for the moment, I am still "Gold"; seeking that Platinum goal. :)

If FTTF is so popular and sells out every time, Why don't they raise the price and let it be a true profit center? If I have something that sells out almost instantly, I would raise my pricing to balance the supply versus demand. If demand is low, you drop the rate. It would treat FTTF just as they do the cruise fares.

All you have to do is keep checking the website to see when it is offered again. They offer so many at a given time and then offer again at a later date.

When I book a cruise it is always sold out, but I am always able to get it at some point before I sail.

I don't know about 'worked for'. It all comes down to spend. Platinum or Diamond have simply spent more money with Carnival either by being on 10 cruises + (old criteria) or 75+ days/nights. That just translates to comparative $ spent in a different way, not worked for.

FTTF is a cool sounding option for those wanting priority boarding (like a premium fast pass at theme parks), although we haven't tried one yet.

To the other poster. If you are handicap or need accessible assistance, I THINK you are priority boarded anyway without FTTF.

Edited by eponym

Carnival "created" an artificial need by creating long lines at bottlenecks. Then someone came up with the idea, that a profit can be made, by selling perks to skip the lines. It is already 100% pure profit so the poster is right, why not raise the price? If people are willing to pay for something that is free, I'm sure they will pay more for it. I bet they can double the price easily and still have it sold out.

Well if I was diamond or platinum or whichever status gets priority, I might want less people to buy FTTF. I have no idea at all what status OP is or what his logic is, but that's one reason that comes to mind.

Diamonds and platinums have other perks. Offering more FTTF is a win/win for everybody.

as a consumer, why would you go out of you way to tell a business to raise their prices? the only answer here is you feel you are rich and dont want others to experience what you are and that makes you an elitist snob, and if thats the case you sailing the wrong line.

Thats a very judgemental conclusion. Why is it the ONLY answer? Why judge them so harshly?

Maybe he is looking at it from a capitalistic perspective of supply and demand, one which I view as well.

Low supply, high demand = raise prices. Pretty simple and I am far from a rich elitist snob that you have judged them to be. I am a cheapskate.

Carnival has their reasons for their pricing and I respect their right as a business to do so as they please. I get to port around 1 and just walk on the ship so its no benefit for me.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I don't know about 'worked for'. It all comes down to spend. Platinum or Diamond have simply spent more money with Carnival either by being on 10 cruises + (old criteria) or 75+ days/nights. That just translates to comparative $ spent in a different way, not worked for.

FTTF is a cool sounding option for those wanting priority boarding (like a premium fast pass at theme parks), although we haven't tried one yet.

To the other poster. If you are handicap or need accessible assistance, I THINK you are priority boarded anyway without FTTF.

Excuse me, I should have said EARNED the hard way...by cruising on 10 cruises or 75 days plus.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol well someone will always pay maybe not all the same people but waiting is maybe fun when your little or if you cruise once or less a year because of the anticipation and even then it's not that fun so people will pay a good amount for it. I say raise it again maybe 150?

I guess you got what you wanted. They raised it $10:rolleyes:

This is quite possibly the most ignorant comment I have ever read here.