Swimming pool/lounge etiquette

Doriima

Hi all! I've been seeing a lot about the etiquette around "Saving" pool lounges. What do you suggest on leaving towels/shoes and such if you are actually swimming? And if it's fine to leave things on a pool lounge then, how do you tell the difference?

Thanks!

It is really pretty easy to tell the difference. The person who is swimming or just gone for a few minutes will typically have more than a single shoe, or a book , or just a neatly folded towel on a chair. The chair will actually look occupied, and the people around the chair will usually be able to tell you that the person is in the water or that they just left and said they'd be right back.

The chair hog is the person no one has seen and who leaves their stuff out at 6:00 a.m. and hasn't returned and it is noon.

I have grown up now as we cruise more and more and leave my BROOM at home.

That being said when we go to the pool, we try to find one lounger away from the action, or even just a chair to place our towels and Kyss bag on which we lock to the chair. So if someone wants the chair it comes with a bag.

If someone does something stupid I just move on. I hate conflict.

Now we are pool side sitters, usually at the edge of the pool, so we do not go for the prime loungers even when they are available.

We have seen and have also been affected by people moving stuff, we walked to get ice cream on Allure and a lady took our chair (the one day we did not take the Kyss bag), DH mad, I said KARMA will be hers, and we just moved on.

You meet all kinds.

Safe travels

How about getting brightly colored index cards with writing on it, telling people that "I'm in the pool" or "I'm in the bathroom" or "I'm getting a burger/drink" and then tape it to the chair so it can easily be seen. At least that way, people will know that you just didn't put you things on the chair and then disappear for a few hours.

Nice ideas guys, thanks! Perhaps I'll bring along a pack of post-it notes for the purpose ^_^

I wouldn't even worry about that. Like zqvol said, it's pretty obvious if the person is in the pool, and there is nothing wrong with that. Your shoes, bag, cover-up, etc, will all be there. Don't bother with note cards. They'll probably just blow away anyways.

How about getting brightly colored index cards with writing on it, telling people that "I'm in the pool" or "I'm in the bathroom" or "I'm getting a burger/drink" and then tape it to the chair so it can easily be seen. At least that way, people will know that you just didn't put you things on the chair and then disappear for a few hours.

YES need a sign "im a A's/O" for all those who dump children at the pool /hottub to do 1and 2's in them 😨and or leave a bookand Towle at 6am not to return till10:30 . See it all the time when up walking.

Trouble

It is really pretty easy to tell the difference. The person who is swimming or just gone for a few minutes will typically have more than a single shoe, or a book , or just a neatly folded towel on a chair. The chair will actually look occupied, and the people around the chair will usually be able to tell you that the person is in the water or that they just left and said they'd be right back.

The chair hog is the person no one has seen and who leaves their stuff out at 6:00 a.m. and hasn't returned and it is noon.

Yes, very easy to tell which chairs are actually occupied. Not a real problem.

And what stops a "Chair hog" doing the same and vanishing for hours?

Good Day All!

Just returned from our first ever cruise on Carnival Vista and totally accept their 40 minutes rule. However I witnessed a variation on the problem. A couple had camped in two locations. One was two loungers in the sun and the other a large double "pod" bed providing a nice spot of shade. They just popped between the two and not always together. Two people and four spaces in a full area.

I wanted to say something to them myself but instead voiced my annoyance to a staff member. They were questioned and despite lying to the staff member they had one lounger taken away. They left shortly afterwards.

The nerve of some folk!

Regards to all

Phil in northampton