The Odd 2 Day Cruise on Oasis

Currently live from Oasis

This is my first experience with oasis class. She is extremely impressive. If I had seven days free, I could absolutely see myself enjoying her even more.

This cruise has some definite glitches. People who used cruise planner early were able to buy alcohol packages. Then they stopped it. And they're not available on board.

We were allowed to book shows ahead of time. But once we boarded we were told that the reservations were meaningless and everything is first come first serve. And the showtimes are not even the same as we were told in cruise planner.

I opted for lunch at Giovanni's table. Where I met several friends and friends of friends on board. For $15 the food is quite good. But it is an extremely leisurely experience. Lunch took almost 2 hours. Which cut into my planned picture taking time.

Because of some special pricing, I was able to get a grand suite. The concierge lounge is quite nice. And I especially love the deck 17 private suite area. Which I am enjoying now for sail away.

Because no packages are available, I am using the diamond vouchers for the first time. It's pretty easy to do. You just have to be satisfied with the lower-priced spirits.

And I got stung by a bee. Nurse said to just swab it with alcohol. Oh well.

Anyway, hope to check in again. Despite glitches, I am looking forward to the rest of the experience.

Edited by MattInFLL

I am really surprised they stopped selling the drink packages. On the Allure in July they were available for purchase in numerous areas. We also had a grand suite and the CL is great. With the happy hour and 2 bottles of wine who needs a drink package? Have a great time. The Concierge should be able to get you reservations for the comedy show. Everything else is special suite seating. If others you are with aren't in a GS they do have to wait on line and early especially for the comedy show.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

This is my first experience with oasis class. She is extremely impressive. If I had seven days free, I could absolutely see myself enjoying her even more.

This cruise has some definite glitches. People who used cruise planner early were able to buy alcohol packages. Then they stopped it. And they're not available on board.

We were allowed to book shows ahead of time. But once we boarded we were told that the reservations were meaningless and everything is first come first serve. And the showtimes are not even the same as we were told in cruise planner.

I opted for lunch at Giovanni's table. Where I met several friends and friends of friends on board. For $15 the food is quite good. But it is an extremely leisurely experience. Lunch took almost 2 hours. Which cut into my planned picture taking time.

Because of some special pricing, I was able to get a grand suite. The concierge lounge is quite nice. And I especially love the deck 17 private suite area. Which I am enjoying now for sail away.

Because no packages are available, I am using the diamond vouchers for the first time. It's pretty easy to do. You just have to be satisfied with the lower-priced spirits.

Anyway, hope to check in again. Despite glitches, I am looking forward to the rest of the experience.

I can imagine this cruise is filled with quite a lot of Floridians.....it would not make sense to fly down just for a 2 night cruise....enjoy it.....we probably should have thought about doing it, but went away for a land vacation weekend last weekend instead.

That's a major glitch selling alcohol packages on a two day cruise to nowhere; they count on ports to cut down on the amount one could possibly consume in a 24 hour person! With no "off ship" time, plus the kind of crowd that would do a two day cruise- they would get crushed!

I can't even fathom having only 2 days on that ship :(

Enjoy the cruise

I think on a two nighter they are scared how

Much alcohol they will be serving on packages as on those alcohol consumption seems up

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good possibility ... although since it's likely most people drove to the port, I can see an awful lot of hung-over drivers exiting the parking lot at the end of this little jaunt. :)

I am really surprised they stopped selling the drink packages. On the Allure in July they were available for purchase in numerous areas. We also had a grand suite and the CL is great. With the happy hour and 2 bottles of wine who needs a drink package? Have a great time. The Concierge should be able to get you reservations for the comedy show. Everything else is special suite seating. If others you are with aren't in a GS they do have to wait on line and early especially for the comedy show.

Yes I am quoting myself.

I did not read the title. A 2 or 3 nighter is a party cruise/booze cruise.

This is actually not a booze cruise. It's very different from a Majesty weekend cruise. (Which I was just on 2 weeks ago). And we do stop in Nassau tomorrow. The confusion lays in their computer programming. Anyway, not going to get any more into that topic.

The ship is sold out and lots and lots of non Floridians flew in (as our roll call can attest).

150 Central Park was an excellent experience tonight. Although, again, a bit tooo leisurely. Cucumber martinis are sublime.

Tonight there is a "deck party" in the Solarium starting at midnight. Blazes is not even opening.

Did the bee die? ;) :D

I can imagine this cruise is filled with quite a lot of Floridians.....it would not make sense to fly down just for a 2 night cruise....enjoy it.....we probably should have thought about doing it, but went away for a land vacation weekend last weekend instead.

I would imagine that quite a few of the passengers are on the transatlantic, coming from all over, just lengthening their Oasis cruise. :)

I would imagine that quite a few of the passengers are on the transatlantic, coming from all over, just lengthening their Oasis cruise. :)

That's what I was thinking as well, and what I'm doing before my Allure TA.

Roy

That could be.....have a little 'pre cruise cruise' before the BIG cruise.

I think this would be a fun cruise.

Would it be considered a B2B by being only a 2 day sailing?

That is for the long trans Atlantic.

If many of the passengers are on the next leg, I wonder if all of them have to exit and re-board?

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

I think this would be a fun cruise.

Would it be considered a B2B by being only a 2 day sailing?

That is for the long trans Atlantic.

If many of the passengers are on the next leg, I wonder if all of them have to exit and re-board?

Sea Ya

A B2B is a B2B it would seem to me....and they probably would follow the same procedures as any other B2B, I would guess. From the friends that I have who have done B2B's they do get new sea pass cards but don't have to pack to leave the ship....if they are staying in the same cabin, it is easier; but if not the housekeeping staff moves them, they just pack up the personal items. This is my understanding, at least.

Enjoy the cruise

I think on a two nighter they are scared how

Much alcohol they will be serving on packages as on those alcohol consumption seems up

We just got off the Oasis yesterday and one of the head waiters said they are expecting a party crowd since it was a two day cruise. I find it interesting that they are not selling the alcohol packages.

That's a major glitch selling alcohol packages on a two day cruise to nowhere; they count on ports to cut down on the amount one could possibly consume in a 24 hour person! With no "off ship" time, plus the kind of crowd that would do a two day cruise- they would get crushed!

I can't even fathom having only 2 days on that ship :(

The cruise does have a stop in Nassau.

It's good that you were able to use the Diamond drink vouchers. I did a 2 night cruise to CocoCay before a drydock 5 years ago and the C&A program was suspended for the short cruise, however, that we would (and did) receive a C&A cruise credit.

Looking forward to sailing Oasis when she comes back from drydock.

Edited by TM38Rob

We just got off the Oasis yesterday and one of the head waiters said they are expecting a party crowd since it was a two day cruise. I find it interesting that they are not selling the alcohol packages.

The cruise does have a stop in Nassau.

In Australia the two and three

Night cruises often end up booze cruises

People taking a weekend to let their hair down

Imagine the same there

I hope overall you had a great short cruise!

Just watching you sail back in now... very strange seeing Oasis arrive on a Monday!

The next time I see the ship will be when I pop over to Southampton on 15th October... unfortunately not sailing on her but will be great to see an Oasis Class in England!

Jo :)

Edited by jo24

In Australia the two and three

Night cruises often end up booze cruises

People taking a weekend to let their hair down

Imagine the same there

Same here in the US. The 3-day weekend cruises on Enchantment are much different than the 4-day mid-week cruises.