Question about cabins on the Liberty of the Seas.

Booman14

Hello All,

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but we have never sailed on a Royal Caribbean ship before and I need some help. This coming fall my wife, daughter, daughter's friend and myself are going to sail out of Galveston and we are trying to figure our which cruise we would like to take. We have been on Carnival many times and we know what to expect with them. Can anyone tell me if the Liberty of the Seas offers joining rooms where one room is a balcony and the other room has no balcony? My daughter and her friend are each 14, and my wife wants them in a joining room; however would prefer if that room had no balcony just so she can keep an eye on them. Any help would be appreciated.:)

Yes, Liberty has those kind of cabins.

Deck 9 all the way forward has a balcony connecting to an Oceanview.

Deck 9 aft has the balcony connecting to an inside.

Only 4 cabins do don't expect them to be easy to find availability unless you are looking at the new itineraries for 2018 that will be released next month.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=09&shipCode=LB&shipProfile=1692&sailDate=1170219&hasNavigation=false

On other decks in the same location, forward and aft, there are balconies that are beside Oceanview cabins but they do not connect.

We have adjoining balcony rooms - we are traveling with our 6 and 10 year old. I don't like to be extremely forward and DH doesn't like to be far back, so we went with a post hump balcony on Deck 7. This was the same price as putting 4 in a room. We will ask to have the balcony divider removed so we have a large balcony space to share plus the adjoining room door.

You might also look into the family suite if it has opened up (I think you might have to call to book that?)

I prefer the adjoining balcony to the 'across the hall' approach that many others have done. I really want to hear every time they open the door!!! Especially knowing what I was like when I was a 14 year old!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter and her friend are each 14, and my wife wants them in a joining room; however would prefer if that room had no balcony just so she can keep an eye on them.

If you can't trust them not to jump off a balcony, I would question whether it's a good idea to even bring them on the ship. Do you really intend to NEVER let them out of your sight the whole entire trip?

If you can't trust them not to jump off a balcony, I would question whether it's a good idea to even bring them on the ship. Do you really intend to NEVER let them out of your sight the whole entire trip?

I think an inside cabin is a good idea....less costly, and kids do NOT care a fig about a balcony. The only cabins with a balcony connecting to an inside are either forward or aft......If that's what you want...go aft instead of forward.

The only other option is to put them directly across from your balcony cabin....they will be closer than they are at home, in their bedroom!

I was not a trustworthy teen - I would have been sneaking around with whomever I met on the ship if my room was separated from my parents room by a hallway!!! Holy Moly! Jackpot! AND - I was still a good kid! I didn't drink and I have still never used any recreational substances besides alcohol! But - I had NO problem sneaking around with friends / boys at that age...as a result - my children will never be in an inside cabin when I am not in an connecting one! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are just off Liberty. Second time on this ship. Saw lots of young teens on their own and having a great time! Get a lanyard and have guest services punch a hole in their seapass card so they can easily carry their card with them. Give them some freedom. They'll be spending time on the water slides, in the arcade, etc. Do you want to follow them to all those places?

You can set the spending limits for each of their cards so you don't have to worry. You will be surprised how often you run into each other even without walkie talkies or other methods of communication. We've cruised with children and we set a meeting time each day to recap and later have dinner.

If you get two balcony cabins you can open the balcony partition and have instant connecting staterooms.

Thanks all, we just booked the Balcony with the connecting Ocean view. I want to say thank you for your help and sharing your wisdom.

And to Brillohead, I have to say, it doesn't have anything to do with trusting our children, it's everyone else that you have to watch out for, You must not know what it is like to have daughter's. A hallway is a long distance between you and your children.

Thanks all, we just booked the Balcony with the connecting Ocean view. I want to say thank you for your help and sharing your wisdom.

And to Brillohead, I have to say, it doesn't have anything to do with trusting our children, it's everyone else that you have to watch out for, You must not know what it is like to have daughter's. A hallway is a long distance between you and your children.

Great to hear that you were able to find that combination available.

That's not what you said at all... you said in your original post that you didn't want the kids to have a BALCONY:

My daughter and her friend are each 14, and my wife wants them in a joining room; however
would prefer if that room had no balcony just so she can keep an eye on them.
Any help would be appreciated.

Based on the wording of YOUR post, it sounds like you and/or your wife won't trust the girls to be on a balcony without direct adult supervision... otherwise you could just book two connecting balcony staterooms and have many more options to choose from than just the two mentioned in this thread where the connecting room doesn't have a balcony. I said nothing about a HALLWAY.

The only thing the girls can do with a balcony that they can't do with an inside or oceanview room is jump overboard off the balcony. And if you don't trust them to behave enough to not jump over a railing that comes up to their chest, then I seriously question whether you should be bringing them on a ship in the first place.

I just want to know what kind of trouble you think the girls would get into on a balcony that they wouldn't get into in an inside or oceanview room.

It's a simple question, really.

Am I missing something? What makes a balcony so scary for teenagers?

When working with your TA or RC, just be careful of the wording you use. Connecting staterooms mean just that - like hotel rooms - there is an indoor door in each cabin that can open and you can move freely between the cabins without going outside. Adjoining staterooms are next door or across the hall - close by - but you have to go into the corridor and open the door with a key.

Thank You Grandma Dazzles.

I contacted our TA and told them exactly what we wanted and she found the perfect rooms. We are excited about our first Royal Caribbean cruise!!!! To tell you the truth, my wife is nervous about taking a teenager that is not our own, so she is being over protective, plus 14 year old girls are going to spend about 30 seconds a day in their rooms, so the balcony would go to waste. Thanks again, Have a great day! :)

What you can do is get them an inside cabin right across from you balcony room. You might even be able to get an inside promenade for them.

I recently booked exactly that. On Deck 9. One Balcony and one inside room directly infront of it. Can't wait to sail!

• 4 weeks later...

We booked the ones on the aft of deck 9... my nephew and his wife just had twins that will be almost one when we cruise...the non balcony is for the babies and is adjoining with the balcony for my nephew and his wife....we felt like this would make the cruise more enjoyable for mom and dad :-) kind of a "family suite" but at a better price. We found it by accident!!!!

I totally agree with you on that one. My daughter just turned 11 on our last cruise this past May, and I still wouldn't let her be a self signer at AO. We are cruising again next month on the Liberty (for the second time), and this time our 13 year old niece will be joining us, so her and my daughter will have a little more freedom to run around. We are in an owners suite so the four of us will all be in one room, but we don't mind. Someday maybe we will go the connecting room route.