Trays at the buffets on Breakaway?

I seem to recall having trays on our 1st few NCL cruises in the 1990's. Haven't seen them the last several cruises.

I kinda remember that. Maybe they disappeared because trays made it too easy to carry food back to our rooms. :D

Trays (at least for me) are so much easier than balancing a plate (or two!:rolleyes:) and a soda and a water with only two hands!

Does Breakaway have trays at the buffet?

Thanks

No...however, if you order the free continental breakfast just keep that tray.

Harriet

Trays (at least for me) are so much easier than balancing a plate (or two!:rolleyes:) and a soda and a water with only two hands!

Does Breakaway have trays at the buffet?

Thanks

The standard tactic is to go up in shifts, leaving one party member at a time.

I agree trays would be useful though

No...however, if you order the free continental breakfast just keep that tray.

Harriet

This...

Order free breakfast, put plates in hall, keep tray, hide from room steward, use tray, rinse tray as needed, repeat. :cool:

;)

Buffet lines had trays in the Sea days (2001) and 1st. time on the Dawn (2003) - not so sure from 2005 or 2006 onward - as we ate very few meals in the buffet, except for the breakfast or lunch when we're in a hurry.

Trays have been gone for a long time. Cleaning them is an issue. If you eat in the buffet it's easy and a short walk to a table. Taking things to the room is another matter. If you bring one on board with you, it would solve the issue if it's really a big deal. Leave it behind when you get off.

Are any cruise lines still using them? I know HAL isn't, and if any line needs them, it's HAL, with its older demographic.

Celebrity has a tiny tray; nothing like the trays of old. I don't believe most land buffets have trays anymore.

Edited by NLH Arizona

It seems like many lines are doing away with trays. I think it may be for many reasons. Buying trays for the whole fleet,cleaning them,storing them, people tripping on them in the halls Ect.Ect. I always hate seeing trays & plates with food still on them in the halls. I have brought my own tray back to the buffet just because it was on my way to where I was going.

More likely a great vehicle for carrying excessive amounts of food. No trays=less food wasted.

+1

Less food waste, plus storage, cleaning them, replenishing them on time at the buffet, it all puts extra workload on the staff. And they look horrible. :D