What is the One Unnecessary Item You Will Never go on a cruise without

kayleesmeme

As I starting making my packing list for our upcoming cruise - I was wondering what Item would you never go on a cruise without that you actually do use every time.

Mine has been Duck Tape - I bring a roll with me When I board- I have had to tape our coke boxes back together and even some other peoples When they search them... I have it to Fix a Hem that had come undone. And to put a piece of luggage back together. And I always get a crazy colored one and when I put of Luggage tags on at the end of the cruise- I use it amd it make it easier to spot.

I also carry duct tape. It has so many uses and I've always used it for something. I never leave home without my 'sports bottles' for water or iced tea. They hold a lot and are more convenient than going back for several refills. I also always take post it notes. I leave notes for the room steward, or for the hubby, or sometimes for people I've met on board who want to get together or want my email address for future communications.

My emergency "Got It All" bag that has cold medicine, Advil, Tylenol, hand sanitizer, bandages, EmergenC, Benedryl, heartburn meds, lactaid, sewing kit, first aid kit, Tide to go pen - basically, anything from home I may need only in smaller form.

Of my 5 cruises, we were super ill on the last one and it was the first time I had to use everything from the kit. The one time I didn't bring it? I was stung by fire coral or something and didn't have my Benedryl. Had to pay $20 on the ship (at the doctor) for it!

Edited by JennN

My wife (did I say that out loud?)

Yes you did and I'm a tellin'

I'm gonna say a brush. I shouldn't have to brush anything while on vacation. But swishing my teeth out with a pina colada is kinda painful and doesn't really do a good job.

Both my DW and I have ipad minis that we load with our favorite music. It's great to have one to listen to music while on the plane, while on our balcony, or stretched out on a lounge chair away from the main pool area. I'm not fond of the music that's played by the DJ by the pool

Edited by beachbum53

over the door hanging shoe organizer. i hang it on the bathroom door.. holds all of our toiletries etc and keeps the bathroom clutter free.

This. Mine not only holds all of our toiletries, make up, contact solution/glasses, but it also holds the First Aid kit, over-the-counter meds, suntan lotion, playing cards, beer cap opener, corkscrew, lanyards, hole punch, sewing kit, wrinkle releaser spray (travel size), small can of room freshener from B&BW, travel size lysol, dress tape, small duct tape, nightlight/3 plug outlet combo, highlighter, small flash light, sticky notes, small stapler, stain remover stick, and many more things that I can't think of right now. I use this for all vacations. When I fly I fold it up fully loaded and place it in a garbage bag inside my checked suitcase. When I drive I fold it up fully loaded and put it in a rolling back pack. When we get to our destination I just unfold and hang it up and I am all set for however long we are there. Less than a minute to be organized and ready to go. At home I have a spot in my walk in closet where I just hang it up when we return and refill as necessary. It is ready to go when ever I am....I can honestly say that all items in there have been used at one point or another and many were added over the years when I found I needed them and didn't have them.

Edited by Warm Breezes

Flash light to go check out dark deck to stargaze, and since DH is a doctor and we travel in a large group, we have a fairly complete first aid kit including small tube of surgical glue (used 1x), ear drops for swimmers' ear (used 1x) and a couple of z packs (used 1x) besides the typical band aids, eye drops for sand in the eye, and heart burn meds.

Have fun!

My emergency "Got It All" bag that has cold medicine, Advil, Tylenol, hand sanitizer, bandages, EmergenC, Benedryl, heartburn meds, lactaid, sewing kit, first aid kit, Tide to go pen - basically, anything from home I may need only in smaller form.

Of my 5 cruises, we were super ill on the last one and it was the first time I had to use everything from the kit. The one time I didn't bring it? I was stung by fire coral or something and didn't have my Benedryl. Had to pay $20 on the ship (at the doctor) for it!

Yep....that's what I would hate to forget!! Bring mine and have used it several times.