Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Priceline

Feb 5,2016

Express deal

Fort Lauderdale

$79

Sawgrass Grand Hotel

we have a late flight getting in and we are heading to Miami in the early a.m so we went cheap.

Priceline

bid for downtown Miami

$160 For Feb.6, 2016

I got the Hotel Urbano

not 5 minutes after booking got a 24 hr 7% off email, contacted them and they are giving me a refund so my winning bid was actually $149 :D

not bad for downtown Miami on a Saturday night in February :D

priceline

Bid downtown Ft Lauderdale 31/2 star

April 8th

Got Riverview hotel 150 dollars

Good deal, taken that it is Riverside and not Riverview I got:

TravelPony$199 /nt

HotelsClick.com$199 /nt

Onhotels.com$209 /nt

getaroom.com$229 /nt

Book Direct$229 /nt

All exc tax and fees.

Even with a (almost ended) flash sale and a promo code on one of those sites I could only bring it down to $196.10 incl. tax and fees.

Good deal, taken that it is Riverside and not Riverview I got:

TravelPony$199 /nt

HotelsClick.com$199 /nt

Onhotels.com$209 /nt

getaroom.com$229 /nt

Book Direct$229 /nt

All exc tax and fees.

Even with a (almost ended) flash sale and a promo code on one of those sites I could only bring it down to $196.10 incl. tax and fees.

You are right.It is the Riverside and including taxes and fees it came to 170

Priceline

Feb 5,2016

Express deal

Fort Lauderdale

$79

Sawgrass Grand Hotel

we have a late flight getting in and we are heading to Miami in the early a.m so we went cheap.

Thank you so much to a poster on these boards that gave me an article from the paper~~

Delilah’s, Sawgrass Grand Hotel & Suites, 3003 N. University Dr., Sunrise was closed Aug. 26 after an inspector observed violations that included: Seven dead roaches on the premises; a cooler did not maintain cold food at proper temperatures; 100 live roaches were in the drain board and dishwasher area; 15 additional roaches were in the premises; two fresh rodent droppings were near a mop sink and a fresh lizard dropping was beside the stove; a stop sale order was issued for cooked chicken, rice, noodles, couscous held above 41 degrees Fahrenheit; a probe thermometer was not used to ensure proper food temperatures and raw/undercooked animal food business ........

I called Priceline with this information including the source url and they cancelled my reservation at this hotel free of charge !!!

Think I found a deal - for next winter - cruising in feb and most hotel room prices are pretty expensive - found on LMT club -hyatt place miami airport east - new place - reservations only as of dec 2015.

Most sites, even hyatt site, have it listed around $240-300/night - but found it for one night pre cruise on LMT for $120!! (includes breakfast and airport shuttle) - it is on lejeune so I think also close to the Port? Will be looking for reviews in the new year - and can always cancel 3 days prior.....

Edited by Froufie

I might be booked at the Courtyard By Marriott Downtown , on LMT for $152 but it is "on request" So I will find out within 48 hours. It was one of thier secret undercover deals. For Feb 5th.

Confirmed today

LMT

secret hotel =

Courtyard By Marriott Downtown Miami/Brickell

Feb 5-6

$152 +taxes =$171 total

Edited by hockeyluver

Does it say secret hotels? I get the same listings for both sites.

I did as I said above,logging in at http://www.lastminutetravel.com then search Miami Fl with my dates then i checked downtown miami this is how it comes up "3-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami" along with more "secret hotels" and some hotels with the names mixed in.

but if I log in at http://www.lmtclub.com it only comes up with the hotel names, no secret hotels.

Edited by hockeyluver

Got an Express Deal on Priceline - 4 1/2 stars - Downtown Miami - There are a couple but this one has a SPA as an amenity. Got it for $111.00 per night for 10/15-10/17. Very please considering I couldn't find anything for under $175.00 per night

Edited by Vidimom

I was wondering the same thing. So I googled secret deals and it came up. Thanks for letting us know that. I've been a member now for over a year and haven't booked anything yet. Might just hook a deal before Mar/Apr!

I googled it also and the secret hotels came up but the rates are all in english pounds. What am I doing wrong?

I googled it also and the secret hotels came up but the rates are all in english pounds. What am I doing wrong?

Possibly because you're on lastminute.com, which is a British based travel site, not lastminutetravel.com.Both come up as options when you google secret hotels.

I did as I said above,logging in at http://www.lastminutetravel.com then search Miami Fl with my dates then i checked downtown miami this is how it comes up "3-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami" along with more "secret hotels" and some hotels with the names mixed in.

but if I log in at http://www.lmtclub.com it only comes up with the hotel names, no secret hotels.

I was just able to join LMT free through work and got the JW Marriott Marquis Miami for 1 night, Nov 6, for $185 ($216 with tax). It was over $300 everywhere else I looked. First time user of the site, so I hope it is legit! Should I be jumping up and down or skeptical?? Thanks!

Oh yea they are legit don't know how they offer the rates they do. Havent used for cruise hotels but booked the Opreyland hotel In Nashville last Christmas way below rack rate or anyone elses rate . Even canceled once and no problem getting a refund.