Grand Cayman vs Ocho Rios

cabinfever60

My question is, which is the better of the two ports? I'm not sure which one the coral will stop at on our way back to Fort Lauderdale from our panama canal cruise. The travel Summary said one thing, but if you check on the Port Everglades site it said something different I'm hoping the Princess Summary is right because I want to pay for my excursion.:confused:

My question is, which is the better of the two ports? I'm not sure which one the coral will stop at on our way back to Fort Lauderdale from our panama canal cruise. The travel Summary said one thing, but if you check on the Port Everglades site it said something different I'm hoping the Princess Summary is right because I want to pay for my excursion.:confused:

In Ochos Rios we had a great time at Mystic Mountain, with the Bobsled run, museum, pool and bar. Then Margaritaville on the way back.

In Grand Caymen there is not much that appealed to us, but we did locate Margaritaville for some calamari and conch. Can you tell, we search out Jimmy's places.

I prefer Jamaica, mon

Ocho Rios would be my choice as well. I'd definitely take a ship sponsored tour, rather than a private one on Jamaca.

This is just me I like Grand Caymen over Jamaica.

Tony

This is just me I like Grand Caymen over Jamaica.

Tony

On our Carribean cruise we cancelled, we had planned to stay on the ship in Jamaica, but would have loved to see the Caymans. We're not beach people, so we figured it was better to go somewhere else.

Cayman it is, Thank you very much. Now I need to find out what to do there!!! Any suggestions will be welcome Thanks:)

Besides water & beach activities, the small town of Georgetown is where you disembark. GC is the Caribbean's banking center & is a British Overseas Territory. I felt much safer there than anywhere I've visited in Jamaica including Ocho Rios although Jamaica is more scenic than GC.

We enjoy snorkeling & scuba diving which is what we've done in GC. We enjoyed diving with stingrays at Stingray City which is a shallow (about 15') sandy bottom ocean area close to shore & is easy to snorkel there. It's safe to interact with the stingrays there who enjoy free food from snorkelers & divers.

Or you could go to "Hell" and send a post card from there or you could visit the turtle farm where young sea turtles are raised before venturing out into the ocean.

GC is a "well to do" island...one of the few in the Caribbean! Most islands are dirt-poor...and if you venture outside of the "tourist" areas, you will see poverty that you aren't used to. Most folks hate that.

Get a guidebook, and read up on where you're going...and you can decide what really interests you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If you want to snorkel and visit Stingray City I recommend Stingray Sailing, a private Catamaran that limits the # of passengers and is husband/wife run. http://www.stingraysailing.com/

This looks exactly what we are looking for. We did a similar thing in Barbados.

Was the 3.5 hour trip long enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums