Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

[ATTACH]331938[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]331939[/ATTACH]

Would either of these work for formal night?

The leopard dress is a little dressier and I would wear that one for formal night. The other one is lovely and I would wear it on a non-formal evening. Love them both.

Those are all fabulous dresses...you can never go wrong with black imho:) Do you favor a particular designer or seller on ebay? I like to shop there also but have to be quite size and designer specific.

Congrats on the great finds!

Michelle:)

I'm a big Ebay buyer for my dresses. We go on enough cruises that buying new just isn't practical. Here are the dresses I recently won. For some reason, I keep buying black dresses! :rolleyes:
Edited by Princessmich

I'm a big Ebay buyer for my dresses. We go on enough cruises that buying new just isn't practical. Here are the dresses I recently won. For some reason, I keep buying black dresses! :rolleyes:

Great dresses.

Have you ever had to return anything? I never really know if a dress will fit and look right on me until I try it on. That keeps me from buying clothes on ebay.

Great dresses.

Have you ever had to return anything? I never really know if a dress will fit and look right on me until I try it on. That keeps me from buying clothes on ebay.

That's what concerns me, too. I'm not a perfect-size anything, and much depends on the style and make.

I just found that TJMaxx is now online. They are doing free shipping with $89 purchase (code FREESHIP) and free returns to store. I just ordered a gown. Unfortunately they don't have any petite sizes so I'll have to get it altered if I like it. http://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/women/departments/dresses/formal/Neck-Detail-Sleeveless-Gown/1000035899?colorId=NS1003537

I've returned one dress and by the time I had to pay for shipping, I got probably $10 back.

When browsing Ebay, I always sort the dresses from the Lowest Cost + Shipping. If I get one I don't really like or just doesn't fit, I simply take it to Goodwill. Most dresses I buy are under $20. The most I paid for those above was $14.50 including shipping. If I get one I love and doesn't fit, I have a seamstress I use.

Right now I have probably 12 gowns hanging in my closet. Some I've yet to wear! Others I have an attachment to and can't seem to let go. Others will be heading to Goodwill soon.

I do the same thing, and I've purchased a large cruise wardrobe of beautiful chiffon tops for day and casual evenings, and some equally gorgeous dressy and formal jackets and tops. I paid $35 for a 3-piece pantsuit, and $35 for the long jacket in the picture below. It has a solid mint green dress, but I look much better in dressy pants.

I probably average $14 for each item, and I only buy the brands and sizes I know. I do my own alterations, too.

Some of my finds (sorry if this is a duplicate, but I'm on several threads about cruise clothes):

14197870_Black_turqchiffonjkt.jpg.6810d80d7c5dfa0a3db6d7a5e86e8707.jpg

720757702_Blueandblacktop.jpg.40d2ec6b3ec3a36bf01aadb9c3280651.jpg

1266584015_Bronzetop.jpg.921b2b846b1586af0f233e9bfea1206b.jpg

1937890494_Floweredjacket.jpg.930f7ea19abaadb0d6645a7f84e05215.jpg

1346439016_LiznMefloraljacket.jpg.98d156a3dcfa47b0e7ca2383af5bbfa7.jpg

1359160965_Mintgreenjkt.jpg.d6c670a3dc01ca374b0c7c830cbc5943.jpg

2046393258_Purplechiffontunic.jpg.5ab866b6b3797c4b3927ee60345268eb.jpg

1087110495_Royalbluejacket.jpg.87cd07095e1113c2b85aec1c1ed9c6fb.jpg

1086570111_Seafoamsheerjkt.jpg.41e5293f3d07390ffb6c9d8bb920614d.jpg

What a great gown, I love how the back is jeweled! I might have to do some browsing there!:)

Michelle

I just found that TJMaxx is now online. They are doing free shipping with $89 purchase (code FREESHIP) and free returns to store. I just ordered a gown. Unfortunately they don't have any petite sizes so I'll have to get it altered if I like it. http://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/women/departments/dresses/formal/Neck-Detail-Sleeveless-Gown/1000035899?colorId=NS1003537

They all look so lovely! Can't beat those deals....

I do the same thing, and I've purchased a large cruise wardrobe of beautiful chiffon tops for day and casual evenings, and some equally gorgeous dressy and formal jackets and tops. I paid $35 for a 3-piece pantsuit, and $35 for the long jacket in the picture below. It has a solid mint green dress, but I look much better in dressy pants.

I probably average $14 for each item, and I only buy the brands and sizes I know. I do my own alterations, too.

Some of my finds (sorry if this is a duplicate, but I'm on several threads about cruise clothes):

What a great gown, I love how the back is jeweled! I might have to do some browsing there!:)

Michelle

http://www.bonton.com/shop/women/dresses/cocktail-dresses/cachet-beaded-back-long-cocktail-dress_782075.html

The same dress is at BonTon for more than twice the cost.

TJMaxx:$80

BonTon: $190

Edited by royalcruz

Wow...it only took 3 days and my dress arrived today! It's great, nice and stretchy. I need about a foot hemmed off the length, LOL!

Very Flattering and love the red shoes! I found a cute sweater dress at Marshalls by Ivanka Trump that I wanted to wear today but now I'm not sure since the temps are supposed to be 85 degrees:eek:

Thanksgiving_zps1b79cca3.jpg

Here's one of my Ebay dresses I'm wearing to Thanksgiving dinner. The shoes are more of a warm red than the picture shows. This dress will go with me on cruises, I just don't know which one. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't like either of the looks. The dark lipstick isn't nice at all. Celebrities can dress however they like. It's not like we run in the same circles.

You already answered but not asking about hair, accessories, lipstick, etc. JUST the clothing.;):)

You already answered but not asking about hair, accessories, lipstick, etc. JUST the clothing.;):)

Hi stranger:).....I echo the previous post. I don't like either one.