Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

wow, I hope everyone likes their dresses! :D I'm a big fan of WHBM, this dress runs true to size for them. I like the straps in the back connected behind the neck, picture #3 but with the knot between the shoulderblades creating a halter. And if you are daring, you can fold the top 'tube' down and do a super plunge Marilyn look.

Here's a picture of me with my dress for my transatlantic in August, and I need your help! I hate my tattoos and I think they conflict with the lines of this dress. What are your recommendations?

IMG_0058_zpsdc39f0eb.jpg

This is how it looks with a wrap (though I wouldn't choose this one):

IMG_0060_zpsc27e9fce.jpg

Have you thought of getting coverup for your tattoos? I it a bit of a shame to cover up such a pretty dress.

Go to Mac and tell them what you want the make-up for. They will see what works best for you. I am told that they have stuff that works well for this purpose.

That dress is definitely too pretty to cover up. :)

Straps are convertible, I like the one shoulder and the halter and the front tie the best. Only one dress to pack. I did end up buying it in red and black, White House Black Market.

Love me some WHBM. Stopped on the way home yesterday and got a black skirt for our next cruise. I could have gotten sooo much more. Once you learn what style fits your body, you can shop the clearance and not pay full price.

Here's a picture of me with my dress for my transatlantic in August, and I need your help! I hate my tattoos and I think they conflict with the lines of this dress. What are your recommendations?

That is an amazing dress and looks like it was custom made for you. I don't mind the black wrap but I don't love it either. I think the make-up suggestion is worth a try.

IMG_0058_zpsdc39f0eb.jpg

This is how it looks with a wrap (though I wouldn't choose this one):

IMG_0060_zpsc27e9fce.jpg

What about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Silver-Purple-Ivory-Satin-Shrug-Bolero-Jacket-Top-/370407508188

Lol, I had just picked up the same dress for my cruise this summer.

I'm taking the easy way out on my next cruise

570131516_001.jpg

570131516ext2.jpg

570131516ext1.jpg

Straps are convertible, I like the one shoulder and the halter and the front tie the best. Only one dress to pack. I did end up buying it in red and black, White House Black Market.

I'm taking the easy way out on my next cruise

Noticed a lot more colours available today on the web site. Would be a neat idea for a bridesmaid dress when the church requires shoulders covered. Then the dress could change style for the reception party.

If anyone with a large chest buys this can you let me know what the coverage is like. They had them in a Canadian store near me, but not a size 16 to try.

I've always like the idea of this style dress, but this seems even easier since you don't have to tie the straps all around you.

Edited by KandCsailing

• 2 weeks later...

My WHBM dress arrived safely in the UK today and I'm thrilled to bits with it. I'm 5'5 but ordered petite so it sat just above the knee. Its a perfect fit! This evening I'm going to have fun with accessorising it into two different looks for next week's trip.

My WHBM dress arrived safely in the UK today and I'm thrilled to bits with it. I'm 5'5 but ordered petite so it sat just above the knee. Its a perfect fit! This evening I'm going to have fun with accessorising it into two different looks for next week's trip.

Awesome! I'm looking for a brooch to pin on it when it's a one shoulder :D

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments and suggestions! As it turns out, I just found an antique fox wrap this weekend! It's very retro and goes beautifully with the dress. I can't wait!

Thanks again.

Be sure to post a picture with the wrap. It sounds perfect for the dress.

I'm cruising on the Disney Fantasy in May/June and have been searching for a nice dress to wear for formal night. I was originally looking for a long gown (DH is most likely going to rent a tux so he doesn't have to hassle with packing a suit), but I haven't been able to find one that works for me at a reasonable price. But the other day, I came across this dress and fell in love with it!

image.jpg.0998719f4f4a572c4150f217ae7813ca.jpg

I'm cruising on the Disney Fantasy in May/June and have been searching for a nice dress to wear for formal night. I was originally looking for a long gown (DH is most likely going to rent a tux so he doesn't have to hassle with packing a suit), but I haven't been able to find one that works for me at a reasonable price. But the other day, I came across this dress and fell in love with it!

Sorry, I don't know why it posted sideways. I also ordered this lace bolero to wear with it:

image.jpg.ba436ac049f3b41e52a3acfd875f8ddd.jpg

Love it. Nice that it has a pattern.

I'm on the quest for a dress for my Inlaws 50th Anniversary party in March and haven't had any luck.

Thank you! I was worried that it might not look formal enough next to my DH if he ends up renting a tux, but I think with the right accessories I can dress it up enough. And I still might find something else that I end up liking better for formal night, and I'm sure I'll find another reason to wear this one.