Library

alidor

we are on the Journey right now and enjoying it, but the

Iibrary is a mess. Books are not in alphabetical order, no top sellers, etc. It is, literally, the worse cruise library I have ever seen

You didn't say if you just embarked today, however if it such a big problem for you, why don't you put everything in order yourself,if its such a great deal to make this comment.i think the books do get sorted out eventually ...most people read on their kindles etc, you have to understand staff are really busy and the last thing on their minds is to sort out library books...sorry I don't mean to give aharsh response, however it seems a really strange complaint.

Edited by durante

Books are not in alphabetical order,

If I recall, they arranged by categorical section - eg travel guides, history etc. Can't recall if they use library of congress or dewey decimal or just their own system.....

Iibrary is a mess. Books are not in alphabetical order, no top sellers, etc. It is, literally, the worse cruise library I have ever seen

I doubt if they have a librarian on board. If people put stuff back in the wrong place, they stay in the wrong place.

DON

Just mention it to the Hotel Director on board to bring it to her attention. I'm sure Heike will respond positively

Yes, just mention to the Hotel Director and I'm sure someone will be assigned to bring order to the books.

I do sympathize with the OP. About 10 years ago I opened a book store* and messy books drive me crazy...on some cruises you may find me re-shelving the books in the Library!

(*p.s. I sold the bookstore two years later. I now refer to those 2 years of my life as my mid-life crisis!)

Well it is a beautiful space and one of the few quiet places on board, usually. I found the book selection to be small and limited, so the lack of organization was not a big issue for me. I was able to scan most of the books fairly quickly to see if there was something I wanted to read. To be honest, I brought a book or 2 from home.

Not sure I understand Elbons post it may be supporting our view but we are also on Journey and have had no problem finding additional reading material. Part of the joy is browsing the various sections and finding interesting reads.

We and I know a lot of others also bring current hardback books (cussler recent bios etc) and always donate them to the library at the end of the cruise via Guest Relations

Not sure I understand Elbons post it may be supporting our view but we are also on Journey and have had no problem finding additional reading material. Part of the joy is browsing the various sections and finding interesting reads.

We and I know a lot of others also bring current hardback books (cussler recent bios etc) and always donate them to the library at the end of the cruise via Guest Relations

I think in Elbons defence it is a subtle music related joke, DJ, ABC :D

Of course I may be wrong😳

I've found some great reads in the Library. This last cruise I picked up an autobiography of Pam Grier and couldn't put it down.

DH enjoys the jigsaw puzzles. The one of the Eiffel Tower is quite a challenge. And he picks up the Sudoku and Crossword each day.

Marcio-the DJ- has told me more than once he was checking the library at night. always been about 12am. I also walked in there and the doors around the books-glass- have been closed. So if he is in there i am guessing he is putting books back. books can fall in bad sea.

so since the OP said the books were a mess and no order I figure if on DJ checking maybe the others do too.

You didn't say if you just embarked today, however if it such a big problem for you, why don't you put everything in order yourself,if its such a great deal to make this comment.i think the books do get sorted out eventually ...most people read on their kindles etc, you have to understand staff are really busy and the last thing on their minds is to sort out library books...sorry I don't mean to give aharsh response, however it seems a really strange complaint.

That's akin to telling someone that says they can't find a clean table at the buffet to clean it up themselves, if it's such a big problem for them. It's not OP's responsibility to straighten up.

I bring my own reading material, but on the occasions I've looked in ship libraries, it's helpful for the material to be organized if you're looking for a particular type of book. I will agree with the other posters that alphabetical wouldn't be how I would expect a library to be organized, however.

alidor,

What's important to one person might be trivial to another. Human nature I guess. That library would have driven my wife insane because she was a school librarian.

durante,

Your response was kinda harsh. Although, I have commented similarly and can understand your response. Consider when you are paying good money for an Azamazing cruise it should be squared away, including the library.

Just my 2 centavos.

Do sudoku and crosswords get put there in the morning? What time? My mum would love that, I can pop up and grab them for her.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

Yes they're put there in the morning. I don't know the exact time, but I like to pass through the Library before I go to breakfast at the Windows Cafe. So I know they're there by 9am.

• 2 weeks later...

I always use the library when I am on a cruise. I have realized that on both ships Quest and Journey, I mainly borrow the books that other readers have left. I did not have the feeling that the books provided from Azamara are changed, because I keep finding the same. It would be good if whoever is in charged get newer books and maybe more destination related, such as novels from places Azamara visits, or biographies from personalities from those countries (example: cruise going to India, could have a biography on Gandhi). Since Azamara is very destination oriented, this would enhance more such orientation.