Honeymoon Upgrades

Super-Luke88

First of all i just want to point out that i am not expecting anything because its my honeymoon, i'm just interested to know if it happens and what it involves.

So, as you can probably guess i'm taking a cruise for my honeymoon and what just wondering if anyone else has taken thie honeymoon on Royal and received any upgrades or perk because of it?

I fully intend on playing the honeymoon 'game' and milking it :D by getting the Tshirts and using social media before hand to make sure they are aware. No harm in trying hahaha

First of all i just want to point out that i am not expecting anything because its my honeymoon...

I am sure your expectations will be met! Seriously congratulations on your wedding and have a great honeymoon. Don't expect much extra...Royal is more in the business of selling you expensive "romance packages" than giving out freebies.

I am sure your expectations will be met! Seriously congratulations on your wedding and have a great honeymoon. Don't expect much extra...Royal is more in the business of selling you expensive "romance packages" than giving out freebies.

Hahaha cool. Cheers for the heads up. I'll give it a shot anyway though, no harm in trying :)

Congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for your honeymoon cruise. Hope you win on the "Love and Marriage" game.

I have not heard of a honeymoon couple receiving an upgrade or other perks due to marriage. As of late, RCI upgrades have been quite few, as most of their cruises are sold out. RCI states that Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club cruisers, based on number of cruise days, have priority in upgrades (if any are available). Your post did not state what C&A level you are at.

Congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for your honeymoon cruise. Hope you win on the "Love and Marriage" game.

I have not heard of a honeymoon couple receiving an upgrade or other perks due to marriage. As of late, RCI upgrades have been quite few, as most of their cruises are sold out. RCI states that Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club cruisers, based on number of cruise days, have priority in upgrades (if any are available). Your post did not state what C&A level you are at.

Thank you for your reply.

It will be our first ever cruise so i guess its a no-go on upgrades. Ah well.

On the legend of the seas 2014 we got a bottle of wine in our stateroom on arrival and most of the crew greeted us as "the honeymooners" that was about it. But we never asked for anything else , and asking seems to be the way to go. So like you said don't ask, don't get. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and enjoy the cruise

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Lots of folks with 25 cruises on RCL have never received an upgrade.

Did you book direct or through a TA? Often a TA will send a perk (bottle of wine) and can do some "perk-asking" on your behalf.

And don't listen to the folks who equate birthdays with weddings. There occasions that come one a year and occasions that (hopefully) come once in a lifetime!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First of all i just want to point out that i am not expecting anything because its my honeymoon, i'm just interested to know if it happens and what it involves.

So, as you can probably guess i'm taking a cruise for my honeymoon and what just wondering if anyone else has taken thie honeymoon on Royal and received any upgrades or perk because of it?

I fully intend on playing the honeymoon 'game' and milking it :D by getting the Tshirts and using social media before hand to make sure they are aware. No harm in trying hahaha

Any kind of upgrade is very rare these days.

We went on the Allure for our honeymoon last November. On the second night we received an invite to a honeymooners event in the jazz club...they served cake, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries...a jazz band played and they did a raffle for about 5-7 prizes! We won one! It was a whole basket of rccl merch...backpacks, hats, water bottles, etc. It was a nice little event that we appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even on the smaller ships there are usually several couples on their honeymoons. A lot of people cruise to celebrate something important to them. They can't give upgrades based on that or that's all everyone would be expecting.

Book by phone, and be sure to tell them about your special occasion. On our last booking, I was surprised when the agent asked us if anyone in our group was celebrating anything. We happened to have a few special occasions that we were recognizing, and when we boarded, we had a variety of treats in our cabins and one cabin was completely decorated - no charge. The dining room also was notified and we had several serenades at dessert during the week.

Surely any couple who boards with matching "WE'RE ON OUR HONEYMOON, GIVE US FREE STUFF" t-shirts will soon find that Royal has booted the folks who booked the highest of high suites down to an inside cabin so the honeymooners can be upgraded..
Geez, it was a legitimate question. Whenever we travel or even dine out for an anniversary or significant birthday, we always let the restaurant, hotel, airline, etc., know. We've almost always received some little (or big) gesture of the occasion - upgraded room, a bottle of champagne, etc. We were even upgraded to first class on a flight to Miami for our honeymoon/first cruise back in the day. All these gestures are simply good business as they tend to generate brand loyalty. It never hurts to ask, even if it isn't a common occurrence on a cruise ship.