Chocolate buffet/ Seafood buffet

njrover0216

We have only cruised one other time and that was with NCL. The first night we set sail they had a land and sea lover buffet, does Carnival do something similar to this? If so we don't want to miss it, I know many cruisers missed the one on NCL because it was not well advertised.

Also do they have a chocolate buffet one night? Seeing the different variety of dessert and the creations was memorable.

Off topic does Carnival have the famous white hot party?

No White Hot Party, however on last weeks Conquest cruise there was a white night, discounts on drinks in the nightclub if you wore white. Chocolate buffet is on the last sea day at lunch and have never seen a seafood buffet

Chocolate buffet is always the last sea day at lunch time on the lido buffet. The white night (black light glow party) disco party is usually at 11pm, in the disco, of course- not sure what night. Some cruises will have a themed midnight buffet; our Hawaii cruise did a late-night luau the last port day.

no seafood buffet.

yes chocolate buffet, last day, lunch time.

no white hot party. yes 'electric white night' or something like that. one night in disco, $1 off drinks for those wearing white. not a big deal any time i've seen it.

there's often a late night 11.30 (near midnight) type mexican buffet. it is not great :)

Your experience may vary- but I've always thought the chocolate buffet on Carnival looks prettier than it tastes. I wouldn't get your hopes up TOO high. Realistic expectations are key. (Then if you love it- bonus!)

Although I think we are in the minority, I have to agree with you. Some really appealing, eye-catching bites that were pretty disappointing once I bit into them.

Yes the chocolate buffet is at best....a photo event but if you are looking for velvety chocolate desserts....this is not it. It is some sort of a watered down Russell Stover....foamy....spongy and decorative event. If you are a chocolate connoisseur....utter disappointment....yuck:(

Although I think we are in the minority, I have to agree with you. Some really appealing, eye-catching bites that were pretty disappointing once I bit into them.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly! They look wonderful but are pretty devoid of taste! :confused:

I come from a long line of chocoholics. The "chocolate buffet" carnival puts on is a JOKE. Personally, I think they need to hire a new chef and revamp the whole thing. And they need to hire me as a taster!!!

Order some room service chocolate cake if you want chocolate. Or go to the pay dessert bar and get something there.

I come from a long line of chocoholics. The "chocolate buffet" carnival puts on is a JOKE. Personally, I think they need to hire a new chef and revamp the whole thing. And they need to hire me as a taster!!!

Order some room service chocolate cake if you want chocolate. Or go to the pay dessert bar and get something there.

They have some good desserts during the week but somehow the choc buffet is really awful.

If we only have one sea day (the first full day) will they still do the chocolate buffet?

I was on the Valor last June, which also had only one sea day. The chocolate buffet was on the last day. I didn't sample it, so I don't have any reviews.

We were on the Valor last year too. The chocolate buffet was when we were a port. So we missed it. But sounds like we didn't miss much. We couldn't stay up for the late night Mexican buffet either.

I think the mass market cruiselines are trying to control costs and the one place that can be controlled is the food. These big buffet events are quite miserable and to me are not worth it unless you are just one that just wants to "fill up" and not really look for quality of taste. I guess too if you are drunk......everything tastes good:p

I agree with most of the comments. Most of the food looks pretty, but isn't good. And the wait to get a few pieces of fruit dipped in chocolate isn't worth it. We like to get the candied walnuts and the ice cream swans.

The first time I went to the Chocolate Buffet, I got a little bit of most things, took 1 bite and left the rest on the plate. As I left, I noticed a lot of plates that looked similar to mine.

I still remember the dessert sushi. I thought there were rice crispies in place of the rice, but nope, they actually used cold sushi rice.:eek:

The only time I got sick on a cruise, was after I had 1 taco at the Mexican buffet. Ever since then, I stay away from Mexican food on the ship.