Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale

tsxgray1

We have been using the MVP rate for many years. Sometime they have cheaper rates listed, other times it is the same as booking right through Hilton. It depends on how full the hotel is. When it starts to get real full, the mvp rate is usually the same. I have tried calling the toll free number to get that rate, but they say they know nothing about it and can not give me the discount.

Also, if you are looking at many many months in advance, the price is usually higher lately. I just keep checking, and it seems to go down closer to the date. I had not read about the 90 days thing before.

Also, if the price goes down after you have booked it is easy to cancel the old reservation and reserve at the new price.

I don't know why it is secret. I do know that when I have called and asked questions about it they are not able to give me the listed price. For me, I have always had to book it on the MVP site to get the discount. It has nothing to do with your status on Hilton Honors. I know people who have signed up and gotten that price right away.

Claudia

Hmmm...that's a 22 minute walk. Does anyone know if Embassy provides a shuttle to the stop? I don't mind walking 22 minutes, but if it is hot...:rolleyes:

A 3 mile per hour pace would make this about a 15 minute walk, tops. We have made this walk in approximately that time frame, maybe a little less. It is a flat, easy walk.

With respect to the Hilton MVP discount, how does one get it added to one's existing reservation? Also, the fine print indicates that one has to be affiliated with a sports team or event. Do they not check that affiliation somehow?

I always book though MVP when staying at Hilton properties. No one has ever asked me for any affiliation.

Go onto the MVP website, not the Hilton Honors one and try to re-price your reservation to the lower rate. Works for me.

This is not correct. You just sign up for the Hilton MVP program (for free) and you can start enjoying the discounted rates.

Thanks for the tip. I just did it and saved 20% for my April trip.

DaveOKC

Could someone please provide the link that you used to book the MPV? Perhaps I am looking at the wrong thing.

CruiserBruce - My DH reminded me that we have made that walk before. I am OK walking that distance as long as it's not boiling hot.

Could someone please provide the link that you used to book the MPV? Perhaps I am looking at the wrong thing.

CruiserBruce - My DH reminded me that we have made that walk before. I am OK walking that distance as long as it's not boiling hot.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/02/19/hilton-20-off-discount-program-in-the-united-states-hawaii-included-canada-the-caribbean-mexico-latin-america/

Thank You so much for sharing this information. Even the CSR at Hilton Honors could not help me find this rate when I called a day ago. I got my Embassy Suites reservation for $40 less and my Hampton Inn reservation for less than I have seen posted without having to pre-pay a non-refundable full payment. Cruise Critic folks are the best!

Tried it for my March cruise and the rate was not available. :( I guess because it is Easter week. I am thrilled with my savings, however.

Does the EB Suites have a shuttle from the airport?

No. :( Taxi should be about $12-15

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to report back on our stay at the ES. It was fantastic! Nothing bad to report. ;)

Breakfast and cocktail hour was good. Service was excellent! Our room was wonderful and very spacious.

I wish we could stay there again in March, but they are booked for our dates. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to report back on our stay at the ES. It was fantastic! Nothing bad to report. ;)

Breakfast and cocktail hour was good. Service was excellent! Our room was wonderful and very spacious.

I wish we could stay there again in March, but they are booked for our dates. :(

Did you take any pics that you could post? We will be staying there in September.

I'm already booked for the Embassy Suites for my April cruise, but no dates are available when I use the MVP link so presumably the hotel is fully booked for that night. Do you think they would honor the MVP rate on my existing reservation? I guess it's worth calling the hotel to find out, I've been a HIltoon Honors member for years, but this is the first time I've heard of their MVP program and the 20% discount off their best available rate.

We have friends staying there for our upcoming cruise and after they booked they found out there is not a free shuttle from the airport. The person they talked to said a cab from airport was about $25. That sounded high to me. Does that sound about right ? If so, and cheaper ideas?

We have friends staying there for our upcoming cruise and after they booked they found out there is not a free shuttle from the airport. The person they talked to said a cab from airport was about $25. That sounded high to me. Does that sound about right ? If so, and cheaper ideas?

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago. From Fort Lauderdale airport to Embassy was 15.00 , would have left a tip but our taxi driver tried ripping us off for more money. Always go with the meter reading and not the cab drivers.

One of the workers was arguing with the cab driver for trying to rip us off after I argued with him. But there are alot of nice cab drivers also.

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago. From Fort Lauderdale airport to Embassy was 15.00 , would have left a tip but our taxi driver tried ripping us off for more money. Always go with the meter reading and not the cab drivers.

One of the workers was arguing with the cab driver for trying to rip us off after I argued with him. But there are alot of nice cab drivers also.

Thanks, sounds much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for information!! Been undecided. Going on the Oasis in August. Your review was very helpful. Thanks!!!!

In regards to the 9 night thing mentioned earlier in this thread, my reading is that is to attain gold status, which is a separate thing altogether from the 20% discounts being talked about. You don't have to attain gold for the discount. Gold takes a certain number of nights to get, and the mvp program just makes it a shorter qualification period.

I plan to register and see what it does for January, as the LMTC quote I got for ES was only about 10 bucks off the hilton.com price. (whereas LMTC quoted me well over a hundred dollars less for the Crowne Plaza than their website did)

Did you take any pics that you could post? We will be staying there in September.

I did not, I'm sorry. I saw many pictures on Tripadvisor and our room looked exactly like the Executive King Suite pictured.

I did take the following photos from our room. ;)

944886548_EquinoxFeb22015SouthAmerica195.jpg.c6a51648c8f0a030a5a713d57b3c945d.jpg

62621658_EquinoxFeb22015SouthAmerica196.jpg.0dbe88c15c12e3ace484457ed04161a8.jpg