Stuff a bag laundry question

2910car

We are going on a BTB holy land and TA on the Silhouette in October. Total of 29 days. I cannot imagine taking enough undies and t shirts, etc for 29 days so I plan to use the bag stuff deal.

Someone just told me they don't always have it. That would be a disaster for me to find out once onboard with not enough clothes!

I would love to be sure that they will have it on at least one of those 2 cruises. Anyone with knowledge of this, please help!

We are going on a BTB holy land and TA on the Silhouette in October. Total of 29 days. I cannot imagine taking enough undies and t shirts, etc for 29 days so I plan to use the bag stuff deal.

Someone just told me they don't always have it. That would be a disaster for me to find out once onboard with not enough clothes!

I would love to be sure that they will have it on at least one of those 2 cruises. Anyone with knowledge of this, please help!

The bad news is the person who told you they don't do it on every cruise is correct, the good news is that on the longer cruises they usually do have bag deals. I don't know of anyway you can check it with Celebrity but if there is a previous cruise with same itinerary I would ask on that roll call, you might get an answer.

Just got off the Silhouette b2b and don't remember which leg the offer was on, but there was a "stuff the laundry bag" deal for $45.00!!!!! Used to be 20. We get complimentary laundry,so wasn't really paying attention but the price caught my eye. Enjoy the Silhouette, she is beautiful.......

Come join our Roll Call for the Silhouette TA. Several members did the same cruise last year and may be able to help.

Diane

Just got off the Silhouette b2b and don't remember which leg the offer was on, but there was a "stuff the laundry bag" deal for $45.00!!!!! Used to be 20. We get complimentary laundry,so wasn't really paying attention but the price caught my eye. Enjoy the Silhouette, she is beautiful.......

Can't speak to OP's cruise but the "special" was $45.00 on our recent cruise. We were very grateful to have the select $20 coupons and used both of them. That and a lot of handwashing got us through 30 days away from home.

Are you at a level in the Captain's Club ???

Buy a 4 metre length of sash cord and a dozen clothes pegs and a litre of liquid detergent. Wash your smalls and lightweight clothes in the bathroom and hang them out to dry on the newly erected clothesline on your balcony, assuming of course you have a balcony. This will create a little inconvenience but will save you a lot of dollars. Being Select you are entitled to get two items pressed.

I think a bag costs around $US45 and it is not particularly large.

Edited by Beanb41

We will be needing that big bag to do our laundry on our TA later this year. How big is that bag?

On a recent TA we did two bags of laundry. Bags are fine for small items like socks and underwear but they can very easily rip if you try to stuff in jeans etc. I was really surprised to see how thin these paper bags were to hold laundry.

Also consider that you don't want to send anything to the laundry for which you have any affinity. Think underwear, socks maybe. I sent a couple of tops (that had been washed several times before) and when I got them back they ended up fitting my dachshund just fine...:):eek:

I am also wondering about laundry. We are considering 32 night cruise and stay on Solstice. Have never travelled celebrity and I usually use self service laundry on other lines for ironing and occasional washing. Don't suppose thy have irons on board??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am also wondering about laundry. We are considering 32 night cruise and stay on Solstice. Have never travelled celebrity and I usually use self service laundry on other lines for ironing and occasional washing. Don't suppose thy have irons on board??

There are no irons available, but there is a pressing service. Not inexpensive though. If you are at Elite level or above you are eligible for one free bag of laundry per week. This is a wash and fold service. The provided paper bag can contain no more than 30 items. I tend to reinforce it with my trusty duct tape. I never travel without duct tape or Downey Wrinkle Release Spray!

Looks like you are getting one bag of laundry (wash, dry and fold) on each cruise if they are over 12 nights. If your husband is also "select" then you will have two sets of coupons or two bags on each cruise. Hope this helps.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_select/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-select%3Fsubtab=true

On a recent TA we did two bags of laundry. Bags are fine for small items like socks and underwear but they can very easily rip if you try to stuff in jeans etc. I was really surprised to see how thin these paper bags were to hold laundry.

As an addendum to this on our last Celebrity cruise the stuff a bag notice mentioned that the bag needed to not be ripped. ;)

For extended trips (cruise and/or land) I take only clothes that I can wash and let dry overnight. Exofficio makes a lot of quick dry clothing. They are very good for tee shirts and socks which usually take days to dry. I also do a pretrip wash test to determine how long it takes an item to dry and how it looks without an iron. If they wrinkle, they stay home. I may take some heavier clothing like jeans in colder seasons. When necessary, I let the ship laundry wash the jeans. I am elite and may send some items to be washed. However, since I got some items ruined by their permanent ink, I prefer washing myself. I wish that Celebrity would return to iron on tabs instead of that awful permanent ink.

What is wrinkle release spray.? We're in UK so not in our shops. Does it work?

I haven't been able to find it in the UK though I haven't tried in awhile. Amazon seems to have everything. I always pick up a bottle (or3!) when in the states. It works great, especially on Tshirt-like fabrics or polo shirts. It also works on "floaty" fabrics. You lightly spray it on and spread the shirt out on a flat surface and let it dry. It only takes a couple of minutes to dry. I have also used it while actually wearing a shirt...just a gentle spray then straighten the shirt out with your hands. I have used it on practically every cruise I have ever been on (70 and counting)!

There is a "recipe" online...I believe it's a capful of liquid fabric softener to a spray bottle of water. I haven't tried it.