Quantum new announcement.

Read in our local paper Royal will be revealing more about Quantum at an event in NYC on April 16. No further details were given in this article about the cruise industry growth and new ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Judging by that date, that would be about the time when we might expect to be able to start booking on Royal's website for the Quantum. This could be the big announcement we have all been waiting on.

Read in our local paper Royal will be revealing more about Quantum at an event in NYC on April 16. No further details were given in this article about the cruise industry growth and new ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With who the Godmother is for Quantum, I wonder if they will be performing Wicked (similar to Chicago or Hairspray).

If not, then maybe a stage version of Pushing Daisy's. we loved that show! :-)

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for Bayonne!!!:)

Liz

For the announcement to come out of NYC seems like a good sign for Bayonne. I'm thinking that's where it will go to compete head to head with NCL's new Breakaway.

Well, the article states that Royal "will offer a preview of the ship on April 16th at a New York event." Hopefully that includes an announcement of the ship's future homeport and the release of when we can book cruises on the Quantum.

For the announcement to come out of NYC seems like a good sign for Bayonne. I'm thinking that's where it will go to compete head to head with NCL's new Breakaway.

That's exactly what I was thinking:D Here's hoping~~~ because we will definitely be booking once they open up.

Liz:)

Well, the article states that Royal "will offer a preview of the ship on April 16th at a New York event." Hopefully that includes an announcement of the ship's future homeport and the release of when we can book cruises on the Quantum.

This will probably be a "private "event on April 16th, but do you suppose the public would be able to get a glimpse of her?

I'd love to head into the city for this.

Liz:)

Will Quantum be done in time to take the place of Oasis while she is across the pond ? Her departure leaves a big gap in the important Florida market. Surely they will place at least one ship there during that time.

I hate to say it, but the "Breakaway" really looks interesting. Especially their two bedroom haven suite for a big family. I might have to choose the "Breakaway" this time around, especially b/c it appeals to my kids. Hopefully the "Q" can compete and maybe the price will be good:rolleyes:

Will Quantum be done in time to take the place of Oasis while she is across the pond ? Her departure leaves a big gap in the important Florida market. Surely they will place at least one ship there during that time.

Oasis will have returned to FLL before Quantum is finished.

Sept. and Oct. are slower months for the Caribbean. Good time to take Oasis for her dry dock. I'm hoping to due the TAs and Quantum Inagural:)

As this is the same shipyard that is just about to deliver the NCL Breakaway and just completed the 'sea trials' this week, if they were to hold the same schedule, the Quantum of the Seas would be completed in August of 2014, with 'sea trials' in September and then ready for delivery in October of 2014. They cut steel on the 21 September, 2011 for the Breakaway and Quantum cut on the 5 February, 2013.

Both are first ships of class I believe, indicating similar timeline.

They could be planning to have both in Southampton, UK on the 15th of October, 2014, actually and might even have time for one European sailing or more prior to this date.

It would seem they have a couple weeks flex-time based on the history of the Breakaway and if she was completed a few days early they could add a pre-inaugural sailing as Carnival and others have done in recent times.

Oasis will have returned to FLL before Quantum is finished.

According to the schedule on some websites, Oasis is due back in FLL on Monday, October 27, 2014 and will do a five night Western Caribbean run. Quantum is scheduled to be completed in October 2014.

"The first ship of this class will be completed in October 2014"

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_8833.jsp

When in October 2014 is the unknown. We already know Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway will be delivered ahead of originally schedule dates. So it will be interesting to learn what the actual delivery date of Quantum will be.

The Allure will still be doing 7 day cruises from FLL.

The announcements and reveals about Oasis also were done in New York city in June 2008 so this is not new having a reveal in this city

Archived