Quantum new announcement.

Well, I am guessing we will for sure get the location of the ship for looking at the deployment schedule April 16 is the day that winter caribbean and northeast schedules are being released. But, of course Royal has them released together to not give away too much.

..However during the All Access tour at the Ice Skating rink we were told that the new class of ships, Quantum and Anthem will not have Ice Skating. It was also said that there will be a second thearter but didnt know what he second thearter would be used for.

Thanks for the info.:D

I wonder if the second theatre will be an outside one?

I thought when I saw pics before of models etc that they could be planning an aft outside theatre...not a water theatre like on Oasis/Allure though...but maybe still with some sort of moving stage :confused:

No Ice Skating doesn't surprise me.

I thought when I saw pics before of models etc that they could be planning an aft outside theatre...not a water theatre like on Oasis/Allure though...but maybe still with some sort of moving stage :confused:

Some of us were actually surprised to hear it as its on every ship since Voyager OTS and the Ice shows are always packed. It will be interesting to find out what will replace the ice rink.

We were told (on the Allure ~ Diamond Lounge ~ that a couple of ships might be shifting from Port Everglades to Port Canaveral to make room..... we asked for what and was told they were not informed yet. Stay tuned was all we were told..... I guess that would make some sense too as they have dredge or have been dredging Port Canaveral for bigger ships. hymmmmmm Oasis or Allure to Port Canaveral. That would be awesome too. But then what would take their place? hymm...... They sure do like us all to speculate... Wonder if the Diamond workers really did hear something? Probably as much as we do, right?:p

Well with a third Oasis Class ship on the drawing board for 2016 Port Canaveral might be a possibility for one of them with the ongoing port improvements down there.

Some of us were actually surprised to hear it as its on every ship since Voyager OTS and the Ice shows are always packed. It will be interesting to find out what will replace the ice rink.

Though I have enjoyed the ice shows for many years, I'm actually not surprised that there might not be one on the new class. I don't think I will miss it. There are still plenty I'd ships with the ice show and variety is the spice of life...

Just got off the Freedom OTS earlier today. During the C&A Q&A the question was asked about the new ships and the Captains response was that they had no new information from Miami to share. However during the All Access tour at the Ice Skating rink we were told that the new class of ships, Quantum and Anthem will not have Ice Skating. It was also said that there will be a second thearter but didnt know what he second thearter would be used for.

IF you believe this "inside" information!!!!!

They're not on any Radiance class ship, and they all came after Voyager.

They could be planning to have both in Southampton, UK on the 15th of October, 2014, actually and might even have time for one European sailing or more prior to this date.

I will be very surprised if Oasis and Quantum do not meet somewhere in Europe.

Glen

I will be very surprised if Oasis and Quantum do not meet somewhere in Europe.

Glen

At least for a photo op I would think.

Cunard has been having their fleet meet up for the past few years and always get good media attention for these events.

Just throwing this out there....April 18th is the date Winter Carrib and Northeast itineraries open for booking. Announcement April 16th lines up with availability to get the first few cruises on Quantum on the 18th.

We are booked on the Breakaway and are very excited to see this ship and the shows being offered. To have a new RC ship from the NY area would be fantastic also! I am almost sure this will come to be. Someone has to compete with the NCL Breakaway! :D

Same here. Hey Royal, if you're listening, I'm a Diamond NYC resident who never sailed NCL before but booked the Breakaway...

You gotta compete up here in NYC. Come take my drive up cruising business back!

Same here. Hey Royal, if you're listening, I'm a Diamond NYC resident who never sailed NCL before but booked the Breakaway...

They are competing. They have the Explorer :)

Tempt me for a summer sailing. We are Diamond cruisers who would fly from Toronto to try her out. Not in the winter though, I need to embark where it is warm.:)

How goes the wedding prep Dave? What ship and when? If I remember it is a med, with Celebrity out of Venice? Hope you had a great New Years Eve cruise.

Andrew

For the announcement to come out of NYC seems like a good sign for Bayonne. I'm thinking that's where it will go to compete head to head with NCL's new Breakaway.

While I don't like leaving from Bayonne as much as from Manhattan, if Quantum is sailing from Bayonne, I wouldn't hesitate to sail from Bayonne again...but they would need to upgrade the facility/port, bus transfers from the check-in to ship could be quite a hassle for Quantum...

The Norwegian Epic never cruised from NY, other than for the short VIP/Media cruises that were held in conjunction with various ceremonies when it arrived in NY from Europe. The Epic's initial homeport was Miami.

That's what I thought. I couldn't have missed the news about Epic sailing from NYC. Now, I feel much better. :D

Archived