Inside cabin location

rinkrat10

Totally subjective but, if I were choosing an inside cabin on that ship I'd either get one on Plaza deck for quick access to IC and the Piazza or, my actual preference, I'd get one on Lido Deck. Yes, it is high up and forward. I have my patch so I don't get seasick and the motion doesn't bother me at all.

Lido Deck offers immediate access to bars, pools, Prego Pizza, Trident Grill, and MUTS. :D

Study the deck plans and try to find one with passenger cabins on all sides, including above and below. Beware of white spaces, not marked as anything on the deckplans, since those can be any one of several noisy things.

We learned to avoid lower levels near the stern. Lots of engine noise and vibration especially early in the morning when coming into port. Our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess was in the Lido deck. Very convenient to pools, buffets. The only downside was a long trek up the stairs after the muster drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We prefer Riviera deck (Aloha on some ships) aft. The last insides (736-745) are close to the door that exits to Lido deck. Up a short flight of stairs is the Terrace Pool. Up another short flight is Lido deck with the Outrigger Bar and the Buffet.

It's like having your own semi-private balcony (next to the kitchen:D).

Great location.

BTW: R712 - R733 are bunk bed cabins. The bunk juts out from the wall about 8" when folded up. A great way to bang your head if you have the bed in the queen configuration, instead of twins.

We prefer Riviera deck (Aloha on some ships) aft. The last insides (736-745) are close to the door that exits to Lido deck. Up a short flight of stairs is the Terrace Pool. Up another short flight is Lido deck with the Outrigger Bar and the Buffet.

It's like having your own semi-private balcony (next to the kitchen:D).

Great location.

BTW: R712 - R733 are bunk bed cabins. The bunk juts out from the wall about 8" when folded up. A great way to bang your head if you have the bed in the queen configuration, instead of twins.

I have booked R744 many times. I ageee with retired RRT and great cabin location, only steps away from the back pool, up a few steps to bar, walk pass buffet to the elevators/stairs. I enjoy walking pass the buffet to get to my cabin than the long cabin halls. I did not hear noise from above, sometimes I did hear the outside door slam during the daytime.

I like the forward Lido cabins too. I usually book one in the L240s. It's quiet up there, and so convenient to the open deck. Another good thing about that location is the proximity to the forward elevators, which are often less busy than the midship and aft elevators.