Pre and Post Stays for departure of Cruise in Barcelona and arrival in Lisbon in July

luv2travel2gether

Since you are the only one who knows what you're looking for (large chain, small boutique, hotel near airport, port, etc) you might find more information looking on various hotel booking sites so that you can narrow down your options. I use Expedia but there are many others.

Using Expedia, we booked the Lisboa Prata Hotel in Lisbon and the ALMA Barcelona (both in 2016) and would stay in both again. But some people are more comfortable with a big named brand - only you know your preferences.

Since you are the only one who knows what you're looking for (large chain, small boutique, hotel near airport, port, etc) you might find more information looking on various hotel booking sites so that you can narrow down your options. I use Expedia but there are many others.

Using Expedia, we booked the Lisboa Prata Hotel in Lisbon and the ALMA Barcelona (both in 2016) and would stay in both again. But some people are more comfortable with a big named brand - only you know your preferences.

You are very right. We have stayed at the Hotel Arts (a Ritz Carlton Hotel) quite a few times and loved it every time. That is us, not for everyone. Everyone has to check out all of their options and make their own choices.

TripAdvisor is a sister site to CC. You can find a wealth of information, along with reviews, for any city. You can sort your preference for hotels and then see what is available for your dates. Good luck and happy sailing! You will love Barcelona and Lisbon.

You are very right. We have stayed at the Hotel Arts (a Ritz Carlton Hotel) quite a few times and loved it every time. That is us, not for everyone. Everyone has to check out all of their options and make their own choices.

Agree, it's one of a kind. We love it!

We have stayed at Hotel 1898 in Barcelona and loved it! Large room and bathroom, sitting area, and a beautiful hotel on La Rambla. Get a room on the side street to avoid noise from La Rambla. Room was very quiet, and hotel centrally located. Also, the hotel has a lovely rooftop terrace with bar and extremely comfortable seating. Breakfast is served up there as well!

Donna

We will be sailing on Oceania on July 17th any suggestions on hotels before and after

We are on the same cruise. Precruise we will be staying in the Old Town/Barri Gotic across the plaza from the Barcelona Cathedral. There are a number of hotels in that area that have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. The area has a great tourist office, is walking distance to the water front, the market , and streets full of tapas bars. We stayed in the area a couple of years ago and are looking forward to going back. Our hotel last time was the Hotel Catalonia Catedral. This time is the Hotel Catedral.

We have stayed in Lisbon and I need to go back into my files to find where we stayed...it was further back in time. This time we are flying directly to CDG from Lisbon and staying overnight at the airport before flying home.

Coming late to the party but willing to confuse the issue.

In Barcelona last June we stayed at the Regencia Colon, an adjunct to the REAL Hotel Colon, just off Cathedral Square. A great location, reasonable prices. We came in at 8am from our flight and were told our room wouldn't be available until 2pm but the desk clerk moved some things around and gave us a room immediately ... which was most welcome! It's a great location.

In the past we have stayed at the EuroPark (a 4 star I think) and also the two Continental hotels on the Ramblas. The cheaper hotel (south of Placa Catalunya, the Hotel Continental) is a backpacker kind of place but comfortable. The Continental Palacete north of Catalunya is a 4 star (or was when we stayed there). Both have food 24/7 but off-hours you won't find hot food at the cheaper hotel. At least we didn't, but it's a long time since we stayed there. Prices have increased since we were there.

With these choices, I'd go back to the Regencia Colon given a choice.

In Lisbon we have often stayed at the Sana Rex, above the park. It's a few doors down from a 5* (the Meridien, I think) so cabs are readily available, and it's a block away from the Metro stop. That's great when going to the Metro but not so great when walking UP the hill FROM the Metro.

In June we will be staying at Lisboa Plaza for the first time. We are using an agency to book a land trip through Portugal for two weeks and they get special privileges at this hotel, otherwise we'd be at the Sana Rex.

Mura

Hotel Colon, some rooms over look the Cathedral, and the Regencia Colon, behind the Colon, are owned by the same company. We liked the laid back atmosphere of the Regencia Colon though the view of the Cathedral from the Colon can't be beat.

Lisbon we stayed at the Hotel Britania which we like very much.

As I think I already said, we haven't said at the "real" Colon but we really enjoyed the Regencia. Yes, the view isn't the same!

After sleeping for a few hours we ventured out with the idea of going to the Modern Art Museum but discovered that the Cathedral was having a Gaudi exhibit across the way, so we went there instead and it was marvelous.

So we still haven't visited the MOMA. OTOH, our next morning (the day we boarded the ship) we'd intended to visit the Historical Museum of Barcelona which was a short walk from the Cathedral.

Mura