Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

They probably could make the change during the TA.

http://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/kung-fu-panda-kicks-johnny-rockets-off-quantum-of-the-seas/

This is a pretty interesting change, and it makes you wonder if the fast-food Johnny Rockets model is on its way out.

I wonder what they would replace it with on Anthem.

When someone sells a product that is advertised to have some feature or function and someone purchases that product and discovers (to late to back out) that it was a lie (forget all the why the lie occurred) ...I believe the purchaser has grounds to accuse the seller of fraud. :mad: Of course this happens constantly with most businesses nowadays and most people accept it (and therefore deserve it...since unwilling to do anything about it...that would include me)

Edited by cruiseclues

When someone sells a product that is advertised to have some feature or function and someone purchases that product and discovers (to late to back out) that it was a lie (forget all the why the lie occurred) ...I believe the purchaser has grounds to accuse the seller of fraud. :mad: Of course this happens constantly with most businesses nowadays and most people accept it (and therefore deserve it...since unwilling to do anything about it...that would include me)

Agree, but at this point they're in a no-win situation.

They finally came out and updated their materials to truly reflect that Anthem doesn't have DW onboard.

So now, at least people who book from here on out know what to expect.

It doesn't changed those that booked expecting DW characters, based on material distributed through May or so.

It would be interesting if they put in a noodle shop with the DW characters.

I still wonder what's at the heart of the inconsistent approach.

Speculation has been maybe that there's an issue between DW and RC, however, the article emphasizes that they have a strong partnership that they continue to grow.

Other speculation was around licenses for a ship that's in the UK, however, other ships have had the DW characters and I believe that they sailed the UK.

If the UK license issue was the reason, then coming to the states would eliminate that problem.

If DW are not onboard, then this is on of the larger mysteries.

What makes this ship different than all other RC ships, including Quantum?

We'll know in < 100 days

• 4 weeks later...

We have had no joy at the TA in getting compensation, apart from a bowl of strawberries, so have gone to ABTA these have recommended arbitration if that fails then we can go to court.

Over the last 5 weeks more families will have sailed and been unaware of the issue and RCCL will have more disappointed customers, Like myself these need to be contacting ABTA and taking the issue further.

We have had no joy at the TA in getting compensation, apart from a bowl of strawberries, so have gone to ABTA these have recommended arbitration if that fails then we can go to court.

Over the last 5 weeks more families will have sailed and been unaware of the issue and RCCL will have more disappointed customers, Like myself these need to be contacting ABTA and taking the issue further.

Have you contacted Watchdog? Might help get some more traction and volume of complaints

• 3 weeks later...

From http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/images/# today.

Press Release

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1191/royal-caribbean-expands-impressive-array-of-entertainment-on-anthem-of-the-seas-with-dreamworks-experience/

Posted with image:

When Anthem of the Seas arrives into the New York harbor in just 50 days it will bring with it a familiar cast of DreamWorks Animation characters. Po of "Kung Fu Panda;" Shrek, Fiona and Puss In Boots of "Shrek;" and Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julien and the Penguins from "Madagascar " will be joining Anthem of the Seas when she begins sailing from her homeport of Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, NJ.

low_1442347156_RCI-84168-5-RC-PO-RGB-06.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

From http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/images/# today.

Press Release

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1191/royal-caribbean-expands-impressive-array-of-entertainment-on-anthem-of-the-seas-with-dreamworks-experience/

Posted with image:

When Anthem of the Seas arrives into the New York harbor in just 50 days it will bring with it a familiar cast of DreamWorks Animation characters. Po of "Kung Fu Panda;" Shrek, Fiona and Puss In Boots of "Shrek;" and Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julien and the Penguins from "Madagascar " will be joining Anthem of the Seas when she begins sailing from her homeport of Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, NJ.

low_1442347156_RCI-84168-5-RC-PO-RGB-06.jpg

Makes my heart smile [emoji173]️[emoji1][emoji120]

Has anyone checked if the problem is that RCCL was not able to get a European license for DreamWorks. Sorry, I am not reading through all these pages.

Or maybe Dreamworks just didn't want to spend the money to have it in the UK. Don't they already have it on other ships over there.

I am so happy that little kids won't be bored out of their minds as they apparently would have been without Dreamworks activities being onboard (although it never seemed to be a problem on other ships before DW came onboard).

I am so happy that little kids won't be bored out of their minds as they apparently would have been without Dreamworks activities being onboard

Forget the kids! My wife missed pictures with some of them on our Liberty cruise, so now she can get whatever she missed.

----------------------

Edited by VTSKIandCRUISEGUY

Or maybe Dreamworks just didn't want to spend the money to have it in the UK. Don't they already have it on other ships over there.

I am so happy that little kids won't be bored out of their minds as they apparently would have been without Dreamworks activities being onboard (although it never seemed to be a problem on other ships before DW came onboard).

It doesn't take much to keep a three-year-old occupied.

Nor does it take much to tick off a parent who makes a decision about how to occupy said small child based on what a ship's advertising promises and, after spending his hard-earned money, learn that those promises mean nothing.

From previous cruise planners, it doesn't seem like the Dreamworks stuff is very exciting anyway. Other than a few met and greets and a for a fee breakfast- am I missing something?

I believe that they may also have a parade and/or show.

Also, the kids program- Adventure Ocean has the characters make appearances and play games with the children from time to time (at least that's what happened on Allure.

• 3 weeks later...

Just so that future Anthem passengers do not have their expectations heightened, the Quantum class DreamWorks experience will be different than those experienced on Oasis and Freedom class ships.

Anthem does not have a promenade in the classic form. The 'parades' are stationary in the area right in front of Sorrento's and are very limited in scope. While these 'parades' are still entertaining, they can not be compared to those on ships with a full promenade that have true 'parades'

Quantum class 'shows' are not like those on Allure, where they have a Aqua theatre show and ice show and are only on a small mobile stage that is risen in the area in front of café promenade in conjunction with these 'parades'

The cast from Mamma Mia were involved in these 'shows' on Quantum, so I am not sure how it will be on Anthem. The shows on Quantum where very quick single song presentations.

While character photo sessions are the norm, the other activities would depend on scheduling in the Adventure Ocean area and DreamWorks determines any movies on offer in the main theater.

Quantum class 'shows' are not like those on Allure, where they have a Aqua theatre show and ice show and are only on a small mobile stage that is risen in the area in front of café promenade in conjunction with these 'parades'

There were Dreamworks shows on Oasis? Maybe I missed them on the schedule in March, but I didn't see any.

There were Dreamworks shows on Oasis? Maybe I missed them on the schedule in March, but I didn't see any.

I can't speak for Oasis, but there were several in the aqua theater on Allure, including a sail-away party that featured the characters.

The DreamWorks Experience was introduced as a highlight for the arrival of the Allure of the Seas in 2010. Allure has the most developed DreamWorks experience.

DreamWorks was added to Liberty in January of 2011 and then to Freedom in March of 2011. The introduction of DreamWorks on Oasis was not completed until May of 2011.

On Liberty, Freedom and Oasis they only added the following to the DreamWorks experience:

● Character Meals

● DreamWorks characters parade

● Photo opportunities with the characters

● 3-D Movie Theater

● First-run DreamWorks films onboard

● Special DreamWorks programming in your stateroom TV

● Adventure Ocean activities with your favorite characters.

It is only on the Allure that they have:

● Aqua Theater show featuring the characters from Madagascar® (As of December 12, 2010)

● Ice skating show featuring characters from How to Train Your Dragon™

It is unclear if the full Allure contract has been renewed past the original 5 year contract or if it has been modified.

• 3 weeks later...
Character Breakfast is now also bookable in Anthem Cruise Planner.

Is it still $10? I did it on Oasis earlier this year when it was still free so I booked it even though we did not have kids with us. It was barely worth that price (and I say that because I had to get up early and the food was horrible). Also note that you don't know which characters will show up. My experience was that Shrek and friends were at the first one (we were at the second and got Madagascar), but I guess that could change.