Bringing Wine on Board

Hi

We are sailing very soon (excited)....

Can someone clear this up for me. I have read that you can take 2 bottles of wine on board. My question is, is it 2 bottles per cabin or 2 bottles per person.

Thank you.

countdown.pl?image=australia&name=&date=12-7-2014&text=&ship=Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.pl?image=australia&name=&date=6-28-2015&text=&ship=Legend of the Seas

Edited by balmain4ver

Again the rule is 2 750 per cabin! I watched someone and it looked like what they brought on were much bigger bottles! Much more! They were getting a cooler thing for them! I felt because there room wasn't available and they wanted a more secure way to carry them!

I might suggest! I think it would fly is one of those 4 bottle boxes that aren't that big, and would of easily fit in my KCole carry on. I didn't do it cause I couldn't fine any close to my hotel and it was too hot and late to really get further to check more places! I bet it would probably go just fine!

I believe my carry on was too dense so they required a bag check, but my 2 bottles and my 6 pk of water was checked and cleared and I was on my way with all of the contents going out of Ft L.!

I carried on two bottles, and my husband carried on two bottles - we separated onto two different lines at the security screening, and put our carry-ons on different scanner belts. No one realized we were together, and there were no questions.

Before anyone flames me, we had two cabins booked. The second cabin was for our daughters, and one daughter was over 21, so technically we were allowed to bring on 4 bottles, one for each cabin. We just didn't want our daughter to carry on the wine, or get any ideas that a bottle or two was for her and her younger sister.

What do you think would happen if you carried on 2 bottles, but packed an extra bottle into your checked luggage?

I don't know what will happen in your situation. However if people keep posting how they intend to cheat the system on a public website that the cruise line reads, we will lose the ability to bring any bottles of wine on board.

Edited by clarea

Hi

Thank you for all the responses.

Another question, should it be included in carry on (I would prefer not to) or in checked baggage.

We are boarding the ship early and don't want to carry around 2 bottles of wine until we get our cabins.

I believe you have to carry it on. I have heard that they will hold your luggage and take it away if you put it in there. never had it happen, but that is what I have heard.

They won't take it away. They will call you down to the "naughty room" and ask you to open your suitcase and show them that it is permitted wine, not prohibited liquor.

Then they will allow you to slink away with your stuff.

:)

^ Exactly and not to mention, what a waste of time! NOT how I want to be spending a moment of my cruise vacation.

I would carry on the wine and just be prepared to hold it until the cabins open up. If you do not want to put the wine in your carry on until then, check in and board after the cabins are open at 1:30 pm. You can go straight to your room.

• 3 weeks later...

On our last several cruises, on X and RC, we took two bottles each on board in carry on and once in checked luggage. We did not go in separate lines or any thing that my pirate/smuggling instinct said to do. Even if we were stopped we would have had it returned.

Having said that, it is kinda scary if they do not catch it in checked luggage, what else could be brought aboard that might be a problem. Hopefully the scanners, human and technology can now discriminate between objects.

We just returned from our cruise. We had two bottles of wine and we had to show that they were in sealed bottles - I guess they wanted to be sure we were not sneaking booze on??!! The room steward did provide us with a cork screw and clean glasses in our room. When we drank some of the wine, there were clean glasses the next day. We did enjoy drinking a glass of wine on the balcony - just relaxing and talking and enjoying the sounds of the ocean!!