Harmony Puzzle Room- Pre-reserve?

We were for a limited time i.e. A single day on our 9 day cruise for a short period of time a month or so ago for our upcoming Anthem of the Seas cruise able to book the escape from the future puzzle room.

So, I think if you watch activities on the cruise planner you will be able to book it on the Harmony.

JC

Are puzzle rooms on any other ships? If not, any guesses if they plan on adding them? I would really love to do this, even for a fee.

How many people are in each group and what kind of venue do they use?

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I see it listed for our Anthem cruise, but it must have popped up after other entertainment was made available and I wasn't looking as so many posters said you have to book onboard. It says currently unavailable, check onboard.

So I would keep checking, just in case.

I see it listed for our Anthem cruise, but it must have popped up after other entertainment was made available and I wasn't looking as so many posters said you have to book onboard. It says currently unavailable, check onboard.

So I would keep checking, just in case.

Not that it means much, but I would check everything daily. Our cruise just opened entertainment about 45 days out, I booked the puzzle thing about a month earlier. There appears to be no rhyme or reason.

JC

We had pre-booked last week on the Harmony, and then slept through our 9am appointment and missed it.

Generally we were told most bookings are always full, but often people don't arrive. They require a minimum of 6 participants for the game to take place (6 are required for one of the puzzles), and the group size can be up to 12.

We were advised to come along to each start time (they are 90minutes apart), and if by the start time any participants hadn't arrived, that we would be accepted.

We were first time lucky :)

They require a minimum of 6 participants for the game to take place (6 are required for one of the puzzles), and the group size can be up to 12.

Hmm, I don't recall any of the puzzles require 6 persons. Care to refresh my memory? Some sort of hint without spoiling it for those who haven't done it :-)

I saw that we can book it online for our upcoming september cruise, but as we have already done it once there's no point. If it turns out to be a success perhaps they will add more rooms / change it in the future.

They recommend at least 6 because of the volume of work that needs to be done.

I will just say that the Harmony one is like the Ovation/Anthem one on steroids. It's a completely bespoke room, and it's very immersive. On the Ovation / Anthem, you get the feeling they could move it to just about anywhere on the ship as the puzzles are transportable. It's not the case on the Harmony.

Not that it means much, but I would check everything daily. Our cruise just opened entertainment about 45 days out, I booked the puzzle thing about a month earlier. There appears to be no rhyme or reason.

Yes, I agree to check everything daily to make sure you do not miss booking anything. Not sure how early to start as some people have mentioned things opening up 200 days in advance?

Also, if you get an email about showtimes (or anything else) being changed by Royal, immediately go to your account to look for other times. They changed two shows to conflict with my dinner times (not sure why they would do that, maybe to get me out of that time slot?) and I went in right away and changed to other times.

KJL53 What is the puzzle room? In other areas they are known as "escape rooms" and are all the rage right now. I am looking forward to trying it out next spring. Google escape rooms or the such and I bet you find some in your area.

Not really helpful.

Again, what is a puzzle room?

Not really helpful.

Again, what is a puzzle room?

It's like a teamwork mystery solving game

You are presented with a backstory.

You are "locked" into a room or series of rooms

In this room you have to look for clues and solve puzzles related to the story that ends up with you finding the key/way out

In the case of Harmony of the Seas, you are all crewmembers on the starship Rubicon, the first steam driven starship. Suddenly, something goes wrong..

I am sailing on Anthem next month and I checked every day on the Cruise Planner for the Puzzle Room, but I never saw it. When people on my roll call started saying they had booked it I called Royal. They said it was booked for the whole cruise. I said how? It was never on the Planner! No answer. She told me not to worry. Since I was in a suite the Concierge would get hubby and I in. I am also booked on Harmony the end of November and that Cruise Planner isn't showing the puzzle room either! All the other entertainment is there so I called Royal again and was told to book it after I board. I don't believe her so I'm waiting and watching the Planner. If it is not listed soon I'll call Royal back.

Does anyone have the number for the suite concierge on Harmony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am also booked on Harmony the end of November and that Cruise Planner isn't showing the puzzle room either! All the other entertainment is there so I called Royal again and was told to book it after I board.

Remember that it is listed under activities, not entertainment. So check again regularely. Our cruise is less than 2 months out and it is still bookable on our cruise