Celebrities on Oceania

wowpeople

Going along with the title of this thread, has anyone run into celebrity passengers?

Yes, on our first Oceania Cruise we literally bumped heads with a major male television star in the swimming pool of the Insignia, and an Oscar winning Actor was at the next table in Tuscana on the Riviera last year.

Moral to our story: Keep your eyes and ears open! :D

Willie will be the CD on our Regatta Alaska cruise in June -- first cruise after the refurb

As for celebrities, anyone who values privacy and has $$$ (as most true celebs do) is not going on a cruise ship and subject themselves to the gawking public. They will charter a yacht or other sea-going vessel.

Are you doing the Hong Kong to Beijing cruise? Willie said he is on a 4 month break after Beijing.

Yes sailing on the 22nd!! We sailed with Willie a few times, the first of which was only his second an he was good from the start. Arlene;)

Enjoy. I liked his Trivia questions the best of the the different CD's I have had on Oceania. Brush yourself up on tennis, that seems to be his only sport questions and he managed to just about stump everyone. He also likes geography.

Have a good trip and let me know how it was after you finish. We are doing that one next year. We could only leave the dog for 30 days this year. She is lying at my feet now hugging in as close as she can. She certainly knows how to lay on the guilt trip.:D

Actually had a very famous movie actor and his wife on the Marina with us. We sat next to them at the wine dinner at La Reserve, then they came up one evening and asked to join us in the top deck bar while, watching the sun set, leaving port one night. Most people were very respectful of their privacy, but they were always kind when people stopped to say hello.

They had one of the suites and told us that the size of the ship and the type of cruisers aboard meet their needs quite well.

I believe that if you keep your eyes open, you may be surprised who you might see.

I am loving this thread in how everyone who is usually so vociferous in expressing the last minutiae of their onboard experience (" ... the toilet paper weave imprint appeared slightly less raised than when I was last onboard ... the product is clearly slipping ... ") is so coy on telling us who the celebrities were.

Name names!

I am loving this thread in how everyone who is usually so vociferous in expressing the last minutiae of their onboard experience (" ... the toilet paper weave imprint appeared slightly less raised than when I was last onboard ... the product is clearly slipping ... ") is so coy on telling us who the celebrities were.

Name names!

On our January Caribbean Hideaways cruise, we sailed with former NBA player Scot Pollard. He boarded the ship just after we did, and at 6'11", it really stood out to me that he must be a basketball player, and I told spouse so. Spouse knows his basketball but decided we should leave him alone.

However, when we disembarked in Miami, he was right behind us in the taxi line (yes, no limo or private car waiting!:)), and this time he was wearing a Jayhawks baseball cap and Celtics jacket, so husband decided it would be OK to ask his name; and husband certainly knew him by his name and his defensive play.

I, of course, just googled him now: Scot Pollard had an 11-year NBA career, mostly with the Kings and Pacers, but retired as a Celtic; and is known for his defensive play and unique hairstyles.

On our January Caribbean Hideaways cruise, we sailed with former NBA player Scot Pollard. He boarded the ship just after we did, and at 6'11", it really stood out to me that he must be a basketball player, and I told spouse so. Spouse knows his basketball but decided we should leave him alone.

However, when we disembarked in Miami, he was right behind us in the taxi line (yes, no limo or private car waiting!:)), and this time he was wearing a Jayhawks baseball cap and Celtics jacket, so husband decided it would be OK to ask his name; and husband certainly knew him by his name and his defensive play.

I, of course, just googled him now: Scot Pollard had an 11-year NBA career, mostly with the Kings and Pacers, but retired as a Celtic; and is known for his defensive play and unique hairstyles.

Pam -- I guess we are using the term "celebrity" VERY broadly.

Now if you told me Michael Jordan was on the ship . . . .

A little off topic BUT -- of you really want to hang out with celebrities, The place to go is Canyon Ranch -- either here in Tucson or in Lenox MA. I have taken fitness classes with Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward and Julia Roberts among others. That's one place where you are almost guaranteed celebrity sightings. They can't replicate the experience on their own.

What is special to you.? My family has been in the industry for 50 years.. I have met more folks than I can count.........

They, to a man, all relished the acceptance of normality.

I spent an hour or so talking with Henry .

I Had Bob Wagner offer to help me garden,

Fred Mc Murray, John ford, John Wayne, Richard Boone, Clint Walker, Betty White ,Richard Crenna,,Tom Sellek, Paul Williams,Jimmy Stewart, and Frank Capra .....with which I have had the the occasion to break bread with them and talk the simple talk and laugh. They, more interested in others than themselves .

Taught me a lot about life and fame and fortune and who was who and what was what.

If you asked them what was the best times of their lives it was all before the fame.

If you see someone on the street give him or her space....you haven't paid to be in their life. On the otherhand, you being just you and treating them as you would the guy down the street goes a long way. Fame is like a giant wall that is put up in front of regular people that we both can learn to breach.

Who is to say, in your own right that you are not of similar statue in the eyes oof those that love you..................Rember Dorothy,.."it is not how much you love, but how much you are loved by others"

Happy Valentines Day....and God Bless

"If you see someone on the street give him or her space....you haven't paid to be in their life. On the otherhand, you being just you and treating them as you would the guy down the street goes a long way. Fame is like a giant wall that is put up in front of regular people that we both can learn to breach."

So true.

Smile and keep walking, same on the street or on a ship.