Royal Caribbean Nellie's beach cabanas - lunch buffet options

PCWalton1

Hi,

I was checking with anyone who has recently had an over the water cabana at Nellie.

We have one booked for January and we noticed they once again list as a perk an upgraded lunch buffet. Are they back to giving the bracelets and access to the buffet at Barefoot beach or is this just their fancy way of saying we get lunch? :p

This is what it reads now for the booking:

The upscale sea- view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie's beach with private water access are a great place to relax in seclusion, while remaining among the action at Nellie's Beach. The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort- style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Your rental includes two floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels and the great service of a personal cabana attendant. ZL88

Thanks

It sure sounds like they are offering a different lunch buffet.

I figure it's one of three things:

1) There's a new upgraded lunch buffet for Nellie's only.

2) They are once again allowing Nellie's people to access the Barefoot lunch buffet.

3) It's a mistake on the website.

I'll put my money on #3.

Edited by clarea

It sure sounds like they are offering a different lunch buffet.

I figure it's one of three things:

1) There's a new upgraded lunch buffet for Nellie's only.

2) They are once again allowing Nellie's people to access the Barefoot lunch buffet.

3) It's a mistake on the website.

I'll put my money on #3.

LOL no bet. :D

I read a post on the Private Islands board that said the only difference the poster saw was that the upgraded buffet had shrimp.

And a BAJILLION less people :)

BTW, we went in March - not really recent, but we had access to the Barefoot beach lunch by renting a cabana on Nellies.

Edited by Toddcan

And a BAJILLION less people :)

BTW, we went in March - not really recent, but we had access to the Barefoot beach lunch by renting a cabana on Nellies.

But did you book the cabana before October 2013? That was the cutoff for the barefoot beach lunch.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last time at Barefoot beach in Jan. there were no shrimp at all. When Barefoot began being for Gold cards only, we had lobster tails. Later we had shrimp skewers. Now, chicken skewers. I would welcome the shrimp back this coming Jan!

When we sailed on the Oasis last May we had a Cabana on Nellies Beach booked before Oct./13. We weren't on the Concierge list for the upgraded buffet, he wouldn't budge and quite rude. When we went to our Cabana I mentioned it to our attendent and he magically came up with wristbands. I noticed this practice at other cabanas. The attendants probably use the bands to get better tips. Ask your attendent if they have any extra bands they may surprise you.

Hi,

I was checking with anyone who has recently had an over the water cabana at Nellie.

We have one booked for January and we noticed they once again list as a perk an upgraded lunch buffet. Are they back to giving the bracelets and access to the buffet at Barefoot beach or is this just their fancy way of saying we get lunch? :p

The upscale sea- view cabanas nestled on the hillside of Nellie's beach with private water access are a great place to relax in seclusion, while remaining among the action at Nellie's Beach. The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort- style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Your rental includes two floating beach mats, upgraded lunch buffet, towels and the great service of a personal cabana attendant. ZL88

Thanks

Someone told me that the hillside cabanas can only be accessed through Barefoot beach and therefore have access to the buffet. Last year, we had an OTW cabana that we reserved before the change and ate at the Barefoot Beach buffet but I don't believe we will this January.

Gail

Edited by nednrom

Bill

This past July all the Nellies cabana people were included in the barefoot beach buffet.

The only thing that we saw they tried to change was make you pay for the floaties (for those of us on barefoot beach), which were free till this past summer.

We did not pay, and were provided with them.

Sea ya

Edited by Lionesss
too wordy

When we were in our Nellie's Beach cabanas during our Allure of the Seas cruise in October, we didn't get any wristbands. We had booked before the cut-off date (well, some of us did).

We didn't ask anyone about them because half of our group of six cabanas had booked after that date and we were more interested in eating together, so we just went to the regular buffet areas.

W

On 10/26 FOS cruise, I was at Barefoot and they were letting people in for lunch from Nellies. My hosts commented on the fact that the lunch thing has been in flux. We had steak and shrimp.

But were you in a suite?

Personally I felt ripped off having paid $255 for a cabana and having to go to Columbus Beach, or whatever it is called, for lunch. It was hotter than h€ll, the line very long for really crappy food. The tram ride back was horrible, people thinking a row of seats for six was meant for two or three, therefore had to push our way into the middle seats, where has common courtesy gone (some would not budge an inch to let us in). We loved our cabana but lunch was a huge disappointment.

Fortunately, our next 3 cruises to Labadee we will be in a suite so hopefully won't have to put up with this nonsense again. Come on Royal Caribbean, threating your guest who spend $255 like this awful.��

Edited by Oville

Hi,

Thanks

We booked the ZL88 cabana in Aug for this coming March and ours says the same thing. I noticed that the other cabanas do not include the lunch. I printed the description out with our confirmation. Last March we had the upgraded lunch so it will be interesting to see what happens this March.We paid $277 for the cabana so you would think they would include it.

We booked the ZL88 cabana in Aug for this coming March and ours says the same thing. I noticed that the other cabanas do not include the lunch. I printed the description out with our confirmation. Last March we had the upgraded lunch so it will be interesting to see what happens this March.We paid $277 for the cabana so you would think they would include it.

I think I will print it out too. Can't hurt.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

W

But were you in a suite?

Personally I felt ripped off having paid $255 for a cabana and having to go to Columbus Beach, or whatever it is called, for lunch. It was hotter than h€ll, the line very long for really crappy food. The tram ride back was horrible, people thinking a row of seats for six was meant for two or three, therefore had to push our way into the middle seats, where has common courtesy gone (some would not budge an inch to let us in). We loved our cabana but lunch was a huge disappointment.

Fortunately, our next 3 cruises to Labadee we will be in a suite so hopefully won't have to put up with this nonsense again. Come on Royal Caribbean, threating your guest who spend $255 like this awful.��

Oville - I was not personally in a suite. I was the guest of a couple in a GS who had a cabana at Barefoot. As we were eating lunch, people from Nellie's were coming in through the gate for lunch. So, I don't think the policy is consistently applied - big surprise.

Oville - I was not personally in a suite. I was the guest of a couple in a GS who had a cabana at Barefoot. As we were eating lunch, people from Nellie's were coming in through the gate for lunch. So, I don't think the policy is consistently applied - big surprise.

However, they may have been booked in a suite or Pinnacle, gold cards rule and all can have lunch at Barefoot.

To be honest, our Nellies cabana was really great, completely shaded in the morning and the cabana in the afternoon in the shade. Also easy water access. The only negative was the lunch experience. I think if you are paying the bucks for these cabanas you should get a better lunch and closer lunch option.

So, how far in advance do you think these book up? RCI's website has several excursions listed for Labadee, but this isn't one of them. Do you think they are already sold out for a New Year's Cruise 15 months out, or has RCI just not put it on the website yet?

Hard to say in your situation. I've read that sometimes the cabanas are available to book a year in advance, and within w week or so, they are booked. Perhaps a call to Royal could determine if they are all booked or just not available for booking yet.

We booked ours for our sailing this Feb 2015 when we cancelled our Quantum sailing back in March 2014. This was our first time ever trying to book one, so not sure if it is common for them to be available a year out or not but that was our experience.

And we tried to book one for our September 2015 sailing back in October and they were all already sold out.

So, how far in advance do you think these book up? RCI's website has several excursions listed for Labadee, but this isn't one of them. Do you think they are already sold out for a New Year's Cruise 15 months out, or has RCI just not put it on the website yet?

It is possible that all are booked considering it is for a New Year's cruise. It really just depends on how many people book the cruise early that are aware of the cabanas and want to book them. It probably varies cruise to cruise.

We have one booked for our January 17 Oasis cruise that we booked in February but the only reason we booked it that late was we did not book the cruise until February.

Edited by PCWalton1

I was there 2 weeks ago with a Celebrity Infinity cruise. I booked the OW cabana about 6 months out for $249. It came with lunch at Barefoot beach but the lunch was nothing special. Hot dogs, burgers, veggies and fruit. The bar service was slow to non existent. The cabana itself was nice but the water was full of debris from the recent hurricane. Our "attendant" spoke almost no English was basically no help. And it rained all day. Oh well sometimes it goes that way.