2017 Itineraries (not yet)...

Portolan

Didn't want to get anyone excited, hence the caveat in the title. As of today, nothing posted. However, yesterday we received an Oceania brochure showing all cruises through the first half of 2017. Given the lead time for hard-copy it suggests that Oceania is months ahead of Regent on this.

So, Regent, please get with it and give us something to consider beyond WC segments!

I've just heard aboard the Mariner that the January-April/May itineraries will be posted on the Regent website this Wednesday and that cruises will be available to book the following Wednesday, October 14.

Rich

Edited by Mr Rumor

We are on the Voyager and the future cruise guy ( Bruce ) said the next release will be on the 9th with booking on the 14th. The Explorer will go from LA back to Miami.

Thanks for the update! We knew that the Explorer was going to spend the winter in the Caribbean where, IMO, she will get the best exposure to the U.S. market. I'm personally looking forward to seeing the Voyager's itineraries as our hope is to return to the Voyager in 2017.

Hope your cruise is going well!

Greetings,

I just received this link from Regent.

http://www.rssc.com/ebrochures/2016_17WinterCollection/index.html#/1/

Enjoy.

Thanks for posting the link. The thing I am most surprised by is free internet for all suite categories. While this is a great thing (not quite as good as the loyalty benefit), I wonder how much slower the internet will be. It was very slow on our Mariner cruise. Also, although most people have their own tablets or laptops, many of us prefer to go to the computer room where there is a real keyboard and a printer........ this new benefit could make it more difficult to get access to a computer.

Still browsing the itineraries........

It does make sense that Regent would want to give travel agents, writers, etc. the opportunity to tour the ship. They may be doing the same thing in Europe - perhaps before the maiden voyage.

Well, we picked an itinerary - definitely some new ports and some high prices, however, we look forward to returning to the Voyager in 2017.

The thing I am most surprised by is free internet for all suite categories. While this is a great thing (not quite as good as the loyalty benefit), I wonder how much slower the internet will be.

Yes, the load on the Internet will be a big problem unless they have/will do some major upgrades to the system.

Why do you (seem to) think that the Gold and above Internet benefit some how exceeds "free unlimited wifi" in all suites? Seems to me to be exactly the same benefit which, now, is essentially lost to Gold and above as a perk. The SS member benefits chart in this brochure confirms that nothing has been added to offset the fact that everyone now gets Internet for free. Not a good thing for loyal members.

Edited by Portolan

Yes, the load on the Internet will be a big problem unless they have/will do some major upgrades to the system.

Why do you (seem to) think that the Gold and above Internet benefit some how exceeds "free unlimited wifi" in all suites? Seems to me to be exactly the same benefit which, now, is essentially lost to Gold and above as a perk. The SS member benefits chart in this brochure confirms that nothing has been added to offset the fact that everyone now gets Internet for free. Not a good thing for loyal members.

The "free" internet benefit is per suite - not per person (just like Oceania). Two of you cannot be online at the same time. With the loyalty benefit, this restriction does not exist. This may not be a problem for some people but my DH and I tend to be online at the same time. When we sail on Oceania, we have to take turns.

At last one of the 'luxury' lines has moved into the twenty first century with free wifi all round not juat a reward; leaving Seabourn to catch up which remains very mean with its wifi rewards. Silverseas remains very confusing with some cruises having free wi fi but not all. We no longer sail with Crystal so I'm not sure where they are at.

Our cruise on the Mariner this summer had free wifi for all (one per cabin at a time), and the connectivity and response was excellent. Judging by the number of people staring at their devices all day, it got plenty of use too.

Right now, the speed of the internet seems to be dependent upon what part of the world you are in. The internet on the Mariner was great in April but poor in September. I suspect that there will be a major upgrade between now and when the "free" internet takes effect.

I agree here with Portolan. I am Silver with grandfathered internet benefits. A "loyalty" program is supposed to give you an incentive to continue to use their product. While we are very happy with Regent, I think its time to review the SS levels and benefits. I get the newspapers I want online. So the added benefits going from Silver (21 nights) to Platinum (200 nights) are negligible and provide me no incentive to sail exclusively on Regent.

:confused:

14 night Sydney to Aukland $13,999

25 night Auckland to Singapore which retraces back to Sydney $15,999

I cannot justify $1,000 per person per night in a Cat H with so many sea days. :(

I guess we won't be going to New Zealand in 2017 on Regent. :(:(

Marc

PS The 25 night cruise also includes three night land program for a total of 28 nights.

Edited by Marq

The "free" internet benefit is per suite - not per person (just like Oceania).

Ahh, of course. Missed that. So still a slight advantage. We could work around simultaneous connections, if needed, but not nice to.

Still would be nice if they found some way to bump the status level perks a bit since they've still, IMHO, reduced the value of this perk.

Ahh, of course. Missed that. So still a slight advantage. We could work around simultaneous connections, if needed, but not nice to.

Still would be nice if they found some way to bump the status level perks a bit since they've still, IMHO, reduced the value of this perk.

Definitely agree!

:confused:

14 night Sydney to Aukland $13,999

25 night Auckland to Singapore which retraces back to Sydney $15,999

I cannot justify $1,000 per person per night in a Cat H with so many sea days. :(

I guess we won't be going to New Zealand in 2017 on Regent. :(:(

Marc

PS The 25 night cruise also includes three night land program for a total of 28 nights.

You two may want to look at Azamara. We loved it and it goes from Auckland to Sydney then on to Singapore. If you should go, get the Continental Club Suite, it's very similar to what you're used to on Regent.

I sure hope that Regent does not decide to go the way of the airlines - not too long ago having elite status with an airline was something to strive for because the benefits were worth the effort - unfortunately, that is no longer the case and in some instances, passengers with the airline branded credit card receive more benefits than an elite member of the frequent flyer program.

One of the MAIN reasons that we remain so loyal to Regent is because we feel that the benefits provided with our platinum status make it worthwhile to continue to sail Regent almost exclusively - if the value of the benefits start to decrease, we would look elsewhere. For me, since I need to work while on board, the most valuable benefits are unlimited internet and telephone time (and free laundry is a wonderful perk!) - if that were to change, so would my loyalty. I am concerned with providing everyone internet access - I really don't want to be in the computer room at 3:30am in order to get decent coverage.

gnomie :)

Totally agree, gnomie. I also have to work while on board. Since I have to go through so many firewalls for security purposes, it already takes a huge amount on time to just log on to see the work I need to do. Then you add in a bunch more people with unlimited internet--not good unless they upgrade the system. And the bottom line is, if I can't work onboard, I can't take the cruise.