I am not impressed

Minoushka

Michele, There is a problem with the info you have been given.

I did the same itinerary YUL-PPT: 175$pp plus 100$ upcharge pp= 550$ that is a long way from 4000$. Is it possible you are not getting the proper information?:eek:

Perhaps you are right im not sure but I was told I had to pay the difference plus deviation ...did not seem feasable

Right now I am stuck with what I have

After deliberating on my available options I think I found the best solution .I will go to our hotel .unload and tKe off to visit ,have dinner etc .Our room should be ours to rest and shower before going to the airport

I think it will be fine ...looking forward to exploring Papeete ...any suggestions ?

Michele

one idea that we loved was Patrick's 4x4 tour

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.letahititraveler.com/activites/patrick-adventure/&prev=search

It's interesting to contemplate why some must tear down any cruise ship or line other than the one they have chosen to frequent. Does it take away from their enjoyment if something else is good, too? Additionally (and I posted this on another thread, too), do these posters realize how much they are turning other people off to Oceania by their attitudes?

My $0.02:

- There are many great travel experiences. I doubt any is perfect. Oceania can still be wonderful without every other cruise line having to be horrible.

- Each person has dealbreakers and don't-cares. Yours are likely different from anyone else's. Please do not belittle their choices.

- I try to enjoy what I'm doing and not worry about what I should have/could have been doing instead.

Okay, that was $0.03.

Edited by azevedan

• 1 month later...

Everyone, remember, Tahiti sees as many tourists in a year as Hawaii sees in a week. Therefore, you are not going to encounter all of the modern amenities that you would find in other parts of the world. Please do not judge Oceania based on the failures of Tahiti. Oceania can only provide so much based on the destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I must say that Tahiti is not some out of the way remote place. It is very sophisticated and easy to get around. There are nice hotels, and great transportation. We spent our last three days in Moorea, took a super nice 45 minute ferry ride over there

Reality check....Tahiti is a tint and extremely remote place...it is NOT sophisticated and developed. Hotels are expensive and minimal. Papetee is a busy dirty industrial port for the region....Taxies not many busses, Airport has benches and that's it. Several of the outter islands have high end hotels that have location and unique settings for the region. They are not like London Paris NY quality. Service is slow and casual...and when it is present is expensive.

Expecting anything less is an invitation to frustration

When you travel here be aware you have to consider these facts

I have been to Tahiti 6 times.... be prepared to take care of yourself when not on the ship

Reality check....Tahiti is a tint and extremely remote place...it is NOT sophisticated and developed. Hotels are expensive and minimal. Papetee is a busy dirty industrial port for the region....Taxies not many busses, Airport has benches and that's it. Several of the outter islands have high end hotels that have location and unique settings for the region. They are not like London Paris NY quality. Service is slow and casual...and when it is present is expensive.

Expecting anything less is an invitation to frustration

When you travel here be aware you have to consider these facts

I have been to Tahiti 6 times.... be prepared to take care of yourself when not on the ship

Hawaii, I had also doubted Merriem's characterization of Papeete as sophisticated and developed. What you say is true. But perhaps what she meant was that it's not a third world town, either. It's much more "civilized" in the European sense, than, say Bangkok. It just happens to be bustling, full of traffic, and somewhat dirty.

French Polynesia is kind of an anomaly, economically. It's heavily subsidized by the French, so there is no real abject poverty there--they have schools, they have transportation options, food markets, ferries, roads. It's a bit artificial in this respect, but more pleasant for the tourist, because of it. Of course, I've only been there 5 times.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I think that if you can switch to "Polynesisian Time" both in mind and body and take things as they come you will have a wonderful time.

We loved FP so much on our April cruise this year that we have booked to return in March 2016.

Enjoy this beautiful part of the world!

I truly hope Polynesia will be as great as I imagine .it is a dream come true since my youthful days of going to Club Med and hearing about Tahiti

My only disappointment is with Oceania ...I AM USED TO BEING BETTER TREATED BY CRUISELINES ....this one just does not meaure up as far as I see .true everyone says on ship they are wonderful and

I am looking forward to that .its just service from Miami is non existant ..i truly hope NCLWill do something about the service and

I will let the powers that be know about it ....

I just want a wonderful trip

Wish me luck

I truly hope Polynesia will be as great as I imagine .it is a dream come true since my youthful days of going to Club Med and hearing about Tahiti

My only disappointment is with Oceania ...I AM USED TO BEING BETTER TREATED BY CRUISELINES ....this one just does not meaure up as far as I see .true everyone says on ship they are wonderful and

I am looking forward to that .its just service from Miami is non existant ..i truly hope NCLWill do something about the service and

I will let the powers that be know about it ....

I just want a wonderful trip

Wish me luck

Having been on Oceanian many times we observe that people are treated the way they treat others. Staff is almost uniformly friendly and treatment has always been first class all the way.

Having been on Oceanian many times we observe that people are treated the way they treat others. Staff is almost uniformly friendly and treatment has always been first class all the way.

I agree. Treat the crew with respect and they will respect you. Learn the wait staff's names and engage in light conversation with them. Ask about their families and homeland. Take an interest in them. I got great service and specialty restaurant reservations by being nice whiles did not.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was referring to phone center people of Oceania ...quite rude and very unhelpful .however my contacts at NCL took care of it ..Bravo NCL ....and now I am pleased all is good

I love NCL they treat their customers with respect

Im sure on board experience will be awesome and looking forward to it

Michele

We were provided with a hotel 'day room' until the ship was ready for boarding, same afterwards, since our flight also arrived early am. Plopped the luggage down, took a shower, freshened up, then had a nice lunch in Papeete, overlooking the water to Moorea.....couldn't imagine a view any better than that! Absolutely the most beautiful water you have ever seen. Can't say anything bad about French Polynesia. A friendly attitude and a 'thank you' can get you almost anything you need when it comes to getting assistance with luggage and such.

Edited by Diver2014

Michele,

I have to admit that you are not the first person to have complained about the customer service people. I personally have rarely used them but when I did, I was pleased with the service. But as I say, I have seen lots of complaints.

I have always wondered how come people on the ships almost always appreciate the service (we certainly have) but people who call often do not.

I wish you well on your cruise.

Mura

Michele,

I have to admit that you are not the first person to have complained about the customer service people. I personally have rarely used them but when I did, I was pleased with the service. But as I say, I have seen lots of complaints.

I have always wondered how come people on the ships almost always appreciate the service (we certainly have) but people who call often do not.

I wish you well on your cruise.

Mura

I suspect things will change at Oceania in that department soon ....good ...we need nice people to answer phones ....NcL will see to that

I agree most people on ships are really nice ....and helpful which makes cruising Grand

Edited by mmemichele

Good Luck :D

Thanks. We are playing it safe and trying the Haven experience. :D I've read good things about it. The specialty restaurants sound good as well - but "the proof will be in the pudding".

Edited by Paulchili