Surprise Upgrade: I can't believe our luck - I'm still crying!

We are leaving next week on the Vision of the Seas Cultural Immersion cruise out of Panama.

We booked during the WOW sale after Thanksgiving, and got an oceanview cabin for a steal. It's just my husband and I and our 4-year old son.

It's been a rough few months for our family - lots of health problems, a rental home we own got destroyed by tenants and had to be fixed, a car accident, etc. etc.

To say that we have been looking forward to this trip would be an understatement!

I went to check in online this morning and found that: we've been UPGRADED to a Superior Aft Balcony cabin!!!!

I started crying on the phone with the RCCL agent. I'm so excited, I can't stand it.

I'd love to see any photos people have of these cabins/balconies as well!

I've never gotten any kind of upgrade on a cruise, and I'm thrilled!

That's just wonderful! So happy for you and your family. Enjoy your upgrade and your cruise. You surely deserve it!

Thank you so much! We are really, so excited. I've always wanted to try an aft balcony!

It's so great to have a balcony when you have a little one that sometimes naps and goes to bed early. I had called a couple of months ago to inquire about upgrading, but the cost was just too much for us.

I always read about people getting upgrades, or the "upgrade fairy" calling. I'm glad my time came - and for my 15th cruise! :p

Awesome! Check out my photos of our aft JS on my Enchament review linked in my signature. We were also upgraded to this cabin, and I posted lots and lots and lots (!) of photos of the balcony, the cabin, the views etc. Different ship, but same class and very similar!

Also, check out the "show us your aft" thread (just google it with Cruise critic in the search bar, it's one of the top results)...lots of photos to plow through, but you will find some of the same class as you are sailing. Congratulations on your upgrade! You will love this location! :D

(We also have 100 nights sailing Royal so maybe that's a magic number, and we were also 3 people traveling)

Edited by Familygoboston

Thank you all for being so excited for us! We *really* needed this trip, and feel so fortunate about the upgrade!

I love doing reviews on Cruise Critic, so I'll be sure to do a detailed one with pics after we return!

For now, I need to get out of my PJ's and be responsible - I've been reading on here all morning! So excited!

Also, check out the "show us your aft" thread (just google it with Cruise critic in the search bar, it's one of the top results)...lots of photos to plow through, but you will find some of the same class as you are sailing. Congratulations on your upgrade! You will love this location! :D

(We also have 100 nights sailing Royal so maybe that's a magic number, and we were also 3 people traveling)

Here is a link to the thread... One of the best threads ever :D http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243860

Ahh, thanks you guys!

And thanks Camlott for the link to the Aft thread - I am hooked! I just told my husband about all the battery powered lights people decorate with on their balconies! Ha!

Congrats on your upgrade

and

we feel your pain with your rental house issue. We had the same thing happen to us. Tenants trashed the place. Cost lots of $$$, not good

I'm sorry you know the headache regarding the rental house issue. It was a difficult few months for us, and yes, a lot of money to fix. It was our first home, we bought brand new from the builder when we first got married. So I was very sentimental about seeing it get destroyed as well. Thankfully, the day the contractor finished the work, we had a lovely new family sign a 2-year lease and move in. Hope your home is being well taken care of now! :)

We are leaving next week on the Vision of the Seas Cultural Immersion cruise out of Panama.

We booked during the WOW sale after Thanksgiving, and got an oceanview cabin for a steal. It's just my husband and I and our 4-year old son.

It's been a rough few months for our family - lots of health problems, a rental home we own got destroyed by tenants and had to be fixed, a car accident, etc. etc.

To say that we have been looking forward to this trip would be an understatement!

I went to check in online this morning and found that: we've been UPGRADED to a Superior Aft Balcony cabin!!!!

I started crying on the phone with the RCCL agent. I'm so excited, I can't stand it.

I'd love to see any photos people have of these cabins/balconies as well!

I've never gotten any kind of upgrade on a cruise, and I'm thrilled!

SO sorry for all you have been through in the last little bit! ! ! ! :(

CONGRATULATIONS! ! !

We just got off Vision on Saturday! We were in an AFT JS on deck 8. What is you stateroom number? We LOVED our cabin! ! ! :p

¡ENJOY! :D

Edited by Tropicalgal2

Good Things Happen to Good People!!!

It is so nice to hear a good story and to know that this made you so happy... and you are so appreciative!!! Good for you and your lovely family!! I hope you have the BEST CRUISE EVER!!! :)