Crab in PG

dee2673

Has anyone had the crab entree in the PG ? Do you get "enough" and is it worth the $20 supplemnt?

Oh, oh, oh...I wondered this as well. Can't wait to hear the responses!! I was hoping it wasn't just on the menu for the Alaska cruises and will still be on the menu for the Caribbean cruises also.

I just had it this September in Alaska, and it was a large serving,and tasty! Also, there was NO supplemental charge :), which I was expecting. It was just listed as an entree. There WAS a charge for lobster. Maybe n/c for the crab because we were in Alaska?

Penny

Has anyone had the crab entree in the PG ? Do you get "enough" and is it worth the $20 supplemnt?

I have had the crab in the PG on a couple of occasions. Both times it was a HUGE serving. I would definitely say it was worth the supplement charge ;)

I just had it this September in Alaska, and it was a large serving,and tasty! Also, there was NO supplemental charge :), which I was expecting. It was just listed as an entree...

Penny

There wasn't a surcharge when my mom had them. The best part was that they came already split, made it less messy.

I am confused: Is there or is there not a supplemental charge for the crab entree in the Pinnacle Grill?

I am confused: Is there or is there not a supplemental charge for the crab entree in the Pinnacle Grill?

The menu recently changed. The surcharge applies to the lobster now and still the caviar. Crabs legs did not have a surcharge last time.

I don't believe the menu you see on the HAL website when you go to book is the most recent one. I don't think they vary on the ships?

Best to check out the menu when you are onboard. They are displayed outside the Pinnacle Grill. :)

:)

The menu recently changed. The surcharge applies to the lobster now and still the caviar. Crabs legs did not have a surcharge last time.

I don't believe the menu you see on the HAL website when you go to book is the most recent one. I don't think they vary on the ships?

Best to check out the menu when you are onboard. They are displayed outside the Pinnacle Grill. :)

Thanks for the update and especially for the suggestion to check the menu outside the PG.:)

Edited by avian777

This is the same menu that we had tonight in the PG on the Westerdam but the supplementary charge for the caviar is now $70! I recalled that it was $45 before and thought that a $25 (55%) increase was huge! Doesn't matter to me as I don't eat the stuff but may matter to others.

We had the crab before when there was a supplemental charge; it was well worth it. We would have had it tonight but they didn't get their supply in Vancouver. Hopefully, they will get it in San Diego. We made another reservation after San Diego so we could try to get crab legs. If we are successful, I'll post here and advise if it's worth it.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

This is the same menu that we had tonight in the PG on the Westerdam but the supplementary charge for the caviar is now $70! I recalled that it was $45 before and thought that a $25 (55%) increase was huge! Doesn't matter to me as I don't eat the stuff but may matter to others.

What kind of caviar?

How does it compare to Beluga?

The three main kinds, in price order are: Sevruga, Osetra, and Beluga. The pearls of Beluga are a little smaller and the taste is a little more delicate. When we buy caviar, it's usually Osetra because it's what we prefer. In my opinion, the caviar in the Pinnacle is a great value. I can guarantee you that a portion of our OBC going towards caviar on our cruise in December.

We had the crab before when there was a supplemental charge; it was well worth it. We would have had it tonight but they didn't get their supply in Vancouver. Hopefully, they will get it in San Diego. We made another reservation after San Diego so we could try to get crab legs. If we are successful, I'll post here and advise if it's worth it.

I think it is still $45? Appears to be on the menu linked and the others I have seen. I do like the stuff so I care :)

Like POA1, I think it is good value IF you are a caviar lover :)

The three main kinds, in price order are: Sevruga, Osetra, and Beluga. The pearls of Beluga are a little smaller and the taste is a little more delicate. When we buy caviar, it's usually Osetra because it's what we prefer. In my opinion, the caviar in the Pinnacle is a great value. I can guarantee you that a portion of our OBC going towards caviar on our cruise in December.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com.../PG-Dinner.pdf

YUM.... I shall have NO TROUBLE, :D finding wonderful things to EAT :D

Am I correct you can order 2 starters if you choose?

Edited by draftxhorselover