Tips how to get off freedom fast in Freeport

Rgo772

Hi everyone! I need tip on how to get off the freedom fast in Freeport. I book on off site excursion with pat and dianes and they need me off the ship as fast as possible. They have two ships in port that day and the other arrives 1 hour before us. They said they would wait for us for the early excursion if we can get off fast. Any tips to help us would be great. Stuff like where to line up to get off. I don't mind waiting early to line up this is just our first time on a cruise and any advice would be great. Thanks everyone.

Make sure you have platinum or diamond status and wait by the door.

Have fun! :cool:

They said it's their first cruise so they definitely do not have platinum or diamond status. However they do have FTTF Which gives them priority tender

FTTF and Platinum status makes no difference in a port where you dock at the pier. You will be getting off of the ship on deck 0, most likely near the front stairs. Just take the stairs down as far down as you can go, there is a door between deck 1 & 0, it will not open until you are able to exit the ship.

We should not be on tender at Freeport. Just wondered where is the door or lineup to get off the ship. I can't find any info on that. We just need to know where to go to be one of the first off.

oops... sorry... missed the part where it is not tendered. I knew that. Freeport is not a tender port. As you said. The best advice I can give you is to get in line early. Debarkation is usually on deck 0. People will line up very early. You can still check with guest services and let the know you have an early excursion booked. they may have you wait with others that have booked early ship excursions. Can't hurt to try...

You will need to wait on Deck 1 or above in the Forward staircase. You will not be permitted on Deck Zero until the ship is cleared. There is no gathering area for those with early excursions on non tender ports and they do not prioritize non Carnival excursion customers.

Threadstarter,

It never takes more than a few minutes to get off a ship that is docked. As long as you don't laze around, you will be off the ship as quickly as needed.

Your anxiety is common for 1st time cruisers. Believe me, your excursion will wait for you - they want your excursion fee. Chances are, others from your ship may also be taking that early excursion. You may end up waiting for other parties. We always end up waiting for others to arrive.

Edited by lizardhowson

Great tips. I do have 1st timers jitters. This forum and the people in it have been great. So much information on here. I am a info junkie and this has been a great site for that.

Great tips. I do have 1st timers jitters. This forum and the people in it have been great. So much information on here. I am a info junkie and this has been a great site for that.

Most likely others on your ship will have booked that tour and lets face it if they dont wait for you and others to get off ship quickly they dont get paid.

When you see ship pulling into dock would go downstairs deck 1 forward and be ready to exit.

FTTF and Platinum status makes no difference in a port where you dock at the pier. You will be getting off of the ship on deck 0, most likely near the front stairs. Just take the stairs down as far down as you can go, there is a door between deck 1 & 0, it will not open until you are able to exit the ship.

This advice causes all kinds of congestion and often the CD has to ask people to back off and wait.

You can wait for the all clear in the comfort of the atrium outside of guest servives. When the announcement to disembark comes, you will just walk to the front stairs and go down to level zero to ping out.

From the amount of negative posts on Freeport, there may not be a mad rush to get off the ship anyway.

Enjoy your cruise.

We booked our own excursion in Freeport a few years back. Given we didn't have a whole other ship arriving an hour before, but we were off the ship in no time at all, found the excursion, checked in with them and then waited for a while.

While I'm sure the people on the earlier boat will want to get going, by waiting for you, they give the first boat people who are running late time to get there, etc. I'm guessing that by off the ship fast as possible, they mean if the ship docks at 8am, they don't want you just starting breakfast then, etc.

Island time.

Just be ready to go. Follow the signs or the direction of the cruise director so you'll know which direction of the ship to head. I always found experienced cruisers who have been on the ship and that itinerary before to be very helpful if you just ask them. Freeport is not a tender port, so FTTF has absolutely no impact on getting off the ship.

Best advice RELAX, no matter how excited you are, there are others just as excited. No one wants someone trying to push their way to the front when there is no where to go anyways (not saying you would do it but it never fails some do). It doesn't matter if you are #1 or #100 you are off the boat within minutes of each other and the excursion is not leaving while people are actively walking off the ship. They aren't leaving that money behind. They just want you to get off the ship along with the first group of passengers. In other words once the steady flow of passengers stops they will leave with their group assuming everyone that is going is off, since they have already waited for your ship, they probably won't wait long after that initial rush. The rest will go with the next group.

As long as you are ready and waiting when you hear the all clear to disembark you will easily make your excursion. If it's left then there is no way you would have made it anyways because the probably had enough people complaining about waiting an hour for your ship to get in that they decided to take the first ship group and go instead of waiting for yours and you'll just go with the next excursion group. No big deal.

I am for sure not one to be pushing to the front I hate those people. I am just one of those people that is first in line for everything. I believe in the saying early bird gets the worm. We usually don't stress on vacation because most people aren't early birds like us. We are usually the ones having fun early instead of sleeping in. We like being prepared and knowing what what we are doing so we can relax when the vacation starts because all is planned it is easier to deal with the unexpected when you have planned. That's just the way we are. But I will love that on the ship we really don't have to plan much we just know what we want to do and their is a lot of relaxing in that plan. Just want to make sure this excursion goes smoothly as possible. Thanks for the advice. I agree relax is the first thing.