Best beach in Cozumel?

Carleeb12

We are looking for a really nice beach in Cozumel that is not too far from the Carnival cruise port. I assume we will have to take a taxi there. Any idea how much it will cost? Other than the beach, is there anything that you would have been sad you didn't do or see there?

I really like Paradise beach because they have a nice beach and a beautiful pool. Its a couple dollars for the chairs and then they want you to spend some $ on food and drinks. I have not been to any of the other beaches though so I don[t have anything to compare. I absolutely love Cozumel.

We went to Paradise Beach and loved it. The cost was

• $3 per chair
  • $18 per person who wants the Fun Pass to play on all the water toys
  • $10 min food/drink order per person - food was real good

$15 taxi ride for a family of four each way. Approx 6 miles away.

I have gone to Paradise Beach and just paid the $3 to be there. Taxi was $18. I waited and shared a taxi with others. Usually I buy food, but if I'm by myself, there was no minimum that I was told. It' a beautiful place.

Edited by PalmTreeBound

I second Nachi Cocom. Very relaxing, great food, and the 100 person limit is nice if there are a lot of ships in port. But, if you have children, or are looking for someplace more lively, then Mr Sancho's might be a better choice....

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

We'll probably miss the coz beaches this time because we booked the ancient tulum and beach tour. Never been to a Mayan ruin before and this tour includes beer. :)

Hopefully your tour will allow you the time to descend the stairs and get in the gorgeous water just below the Castillo - wear your bathing suit!

Paradise, Mr Sanchos and Nachi Cocum all share the same shoreline and are basically one right after another.

It is only a 5 minute stroll on the beach from Nachi to Mr Sanchos.

The differences are not in the beach, but what they offer and who they appeal to.......

Hopefully your tour will allow you the time to descend the stairs and get in the gorgeous water just below the Castillo - wear your bathing suit!

Will do! The pictures of the beach look great. plus there's this from the excursion description:

"Enjoy a Mexican Beach side lunch with unlimited domestic beer and soft drinks."

Another vote for NACHI COCOM. We have been there at least a half a dozen times. Were just there last month, only about 20 people total there that day. My wife and granddaughter had the pool all to themselves for quite some time. Quiet...peaceful...this is what we seek. Like someone else said, though, if you crave more water toys, more music and a party atmosphere, Nachi ain't it. :D

We really enjoyed Paradise Beach, as we were there with our kids. While my wife and I might enjoy Nachi Cocom, I thought it was great that I didn't have to pay for a bunch of food/drink the boys would eat. We paid for them to use the inflatables in the ocean, and they barely came out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can anyone tell me if beach umbrellas are available at either Mr. Sancho's or NachI Cocum? I've been to Mr. Sancho's once and don't remember. Anyone know the cost? (Not really interested on the all-inclusive.) Thanks!

Do you have to pay to use the beach, or can you just show up and chill on the sand without getting a chair and food?

I don't know. I don't think you can just walk in and go to the beach. Don't know if you do the chair rental what you can do. Maybe the pool. They go by wristbands.

We went to Paradise Beach several times, both before and after they built the pool. It got too popular and they had too many chairs crammed into the same amount of beach space. Chairs are right up next to each other, you can't walk between them - no space at all. We started going to Nachi Cocoum - love it. Only 100 people per day, your own palapa and your own waiter (Carlos is the best!). Hardly any rocks in the water (Paradise Beach is full of them) - the pool at Nachi is not as nice as Paradise, but we're there for the beach. Great food and drink at Nachi, a much more relaxing day for me. Not much to do for kids, tho, ours are all adults and out of the nest.