Booking Flights out of Papeete after Marina cruise

caviargal

We are booked on Marina next year and found great flights leaving PPT at 8:05am. For the Oceania transfer, the earliest flight is 9am. We planned on a taxi and I know the airport is only 7 miles from where the ship docks.

Has anyone done this that can offer advise?

TIA

We are booked on Marina next year and found great flights leaving PPT at 8:05am. For the Oceania transfer, the earliest flight is 9am. We planned on a taxi and I know the airport is only 7 miles from where the ship docks.

Has anyone done this that can offer advise?

TIA

If that "great flight" is on Air Tahiti Nui, you are in store for a very uncomfortable flight. First clue will be seeing a back pillow at each economy seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am assuming that the ship is overnighting in Papeete.

In that case you can leave early enough to catch the flight.

It does not, which is why I am asking if anyone has done it. O says it should be fine with a taxi but I am hoping for confirmation from someone who has actually done it.

It does not, which is why I am asking if anyone has done it. O says it should be fine with a taxi but I am hoping for confirmation from someone who has actually done it.

I have a good car service there that I could recommend if you are looking for that. 4 of us shared a private van, they picked us up in a new Mercedes, prices was around 75 or 80 US.

I have a good car service there that I could recommend if you are looking for that. 4 of us shared a private van, they picked us up in a new Mercedes, prices was around 75 or 80 US.

That would be wonderful - thanks!

There are 4 of us.

I think her question is , if the ship is not docking overnight, and she has an 8:05, she should be st the airport NLT 6:30 maybe a bit before. Even a 15 minute cab ride means leaving the ship at or before 06:00. Is that doable? What time has the ship docked historically?

For safety sake at the airport, I'd probably want off by 05:45. I'd probably feel safer spending a relaxing day somewhere on the island and catching that flight the next day!

I think her question is , if the ship is not docking overnight, and she has an 8:05, she should be st the airport NLT 6:30 maybe a bit before. Even a 15 minute cab ride means leaving the ship at or before 06:00. Is that doable? What time has the ship docked historically?

For safety sake at the airport, I'd probably want off by 05:45. I'd probably feel safer spending a relaxing day somewhere on the island and catching that flight the next day!

I too thought OP was staying overnight.

Arriving the same morning? Way too close a time frame for international flight.

I too thought OP was staying overnight.

Arriving the same morning? Way too close a time frame for international flight.

Agree.

What time is the ship scheduled to dock? I hope it is no later than 5 AM - otherwise I would not even consider it. Even then, the ship may arrive late for any number of reasons.

Agree.

What time is the ship scheduled to dock? I hope it is no later than 5 AM - otherwise I would not even consider it. Even then, the ship may arrive late for any number of reasons.

A quick look at most of the Marina's arrival times in Papeete next year shows disembarkation at 8 a.m. We must be missing something here, as the proposed schedule would obviously never work if this is true.

The ship docks by 5AM and the first airport shuttle is at 6 per O. They advised we could take a taxi and disembark upon arrival and that the airport is 7 miles away.

I do not want to add a day to the trip if not absolutely necessary.

The ship docks by 5AM and the first airport shuttle is at 6 per O.

the confusion is in your first post when you said the first O shuttle would be 9 am

3 hrs can make a big difference :halo:

The ship docks by 5AM and the first airport shuttle is at 6 per O. They advised we could take a taxi and disembark upon arrival and that the airport is 7 miles away.

I do not want to add a day to the trip if not absolutely necessary.

It is doable IF all goes well and the ship docks on time.

Ask Air France what happens if you miss the flight - i.e. do you have to buy a new ticket or will they honor your ticket for next flight (I doubt that), do they have daily flights, etc?

Just out of curiosity - what time is the Oceania flight that they provide shuttle for at 6 AM.

the confusion is in your first post when you said the first O shuttle would be 9 am

3 hrs can make a big difference :halo:

My post actually stated: " For the Oceania transfer, the earliest flight is 9am". Not earliest transfer.

The airport is variable and not automated. It was raining and the rainwater runs through the airport if you get my point. Where are you the night before you disembark. If in Moorea, you could leave a day early, take the ferry over and spend the night in Papeete. Otherwise, I would take the Oceania flight since it is a day flight.

9am.

I am unfamiliar with this airport and do not know what to expect.

Hot, no A/C, no lounges, long lines.

I would find out the consequences of possibly missing the flight.

Again, if all goes well, you should be OK but what if the ship is 1 hour or more late arriving (due to weather or whatever).

Too close for my comfort - YMMV.

The airport is variable and not automated. It was raining and the rainwater runs through the airport if you get my point. Where are you the night before you disembark. If in Moorea, you could leave a day early, take the ferry over and spend the night in Papeete. Otherwise, I would take the Oceania flight since it is a day flight.

The O flight is ridiculously more expensive in business and we are not making this long haul trip in coach.

We decided to roll the dice after speaking to someone at O again this morning.

The O flight is ridiculously more expensive in business and we are not making this long haul trip in coach.

We decided to roll the dice after speaking to someone at O again this morning.

Just some thoughts.

I assume that the Oceania flight is a charter? If so, they would wait if there are any delays. The AF flight would not wait for you.Sounds like you have made up your mind - I hope all works out well. :)