White Bay Ferry!!!

This is only tangentially related, although it still involves public transport.

I'll be embarking at White Bay next week, so I want to get onto the Ferry (HA!) at Circular Quay. The trouble is I need to pick up a few things at Woolworths Town Hall first.

In Brisbane we have a system where if you catch a train into the CBD you can then use the same ticket to catch other public transport within the CBD for up to 2 hours.

So long story short, does anybody know if I can use the same train ticket to go from Airport to Town Hall and then Town hall to the Quay?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the ferry will not start tomorrow 24th. It's been delayed again until next week:

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6666

Thanks for the link, too late for quite a few but hopefully they will get it going. My tip is do not pre purchase any tickets as it seems like it is rather fickle and may stop again at any time when and if it eventually gets started.

This is only tangentially related, although it still involves public transport.

I'll be embarking at White Bay next week, so I want to get onto the Ferry (HA!) at Circular Quay. The trouble is I need to pick up a few things at Woolworths Town Hall first.

In Brisbane we have a system where if you catch a train into the CBD you can then use the same ticket to catch other public transport within the CBD for up to 2 hours.

So long story short, does anybody know if I can use the same train ticket to go from Airport to Town Hall and then Town hall to the Quay?

No, you'll need to buy separate tickets as it sounds like you're buying at the counter on arrival. (If you have an Opal card, pricing may combine depending on timing.) They use to have a cityhopper surcharge which accommodated the above, but that was discontinued.

If you have a seniors card it is $2.50 all day on every form of transport but not Captain Cook Ferry

bit dearer to travel to or from Sydney airport as they charge a station access fee of $13 adults & $11.60 pensioners and seniors

Edited by rkmw

Thanks for the link, too late for quite a few but hopefully they will get it going. My tip is do not pre purchase any tickets as it seems like it is rather fickle and may stop again at any time when and if it eventually gets started.

They only found out yesterday from NSW Ports that it's not permitted to start today. Let's hope the new start date is for real next week.

They only found out yesterday from NSW Ports that it's not permitted to start today. Let's hope the new start date is for real next week.

We will be on the Maasdam October, 2016, and I am crossing my fingers already that it will be up and running. Ha ha!

fe

We will be on the Maasdam October, 2016, and I am crossing my fingers already that it will be up and running. Ha ha!

fe

Hi fire eater, maybe by then the ferry will be efficiently functioning.

What would be great is for Maasdam to re locate to the OPT!!:)

Hi fire eater, maybe by then the ferry will be efficiently functioning.

What would be great is for Maasdam to re locate to the OPT!!:)

Don't hold your breath on that one.

I expect that as a general rule if a ship can get to White Bay that's where it will dock unless there are too many ships in Port, as more and more ships can't get under the Coathanger and need to use the OPT.

They're selling tickets in the white Bay terminal this morning and a man is ratcheting a 'ferry' directional sign to a pole. Looks like it's a go!

Still trying work out in my head if it is worth It Go to OPT take off luggage and walk to ferry travel to white bay and get off on a pontoon and walk to ship to leave luggage etc. Cost $18 (2 x $9) Time probably an extra 30 minutes at least

OR

Travel to Central Get on taxi drop luggage to the drop place and get on ship no walking or lugging cases Approx $25-30 depending on traffic probably 12-18 minutes