12 day is now 14 day.

jfkny

Is there anyone posting on this that is actually booked and is upset about the extra days? On all of the roll calls, it seems people are happy. While I don't know why they haven't updated their website, now that I see how different the itinerary is, I understand what was taking so long to notify those who are booked.

I can't tell you how often I've said this! WHY fly to NYC when you can embark from a warm port?? That first day sailing south & last day sailing north can be very rocky and definitely not warm on January/February itineraries. It stumps me, too. :confused:

That is a fair question. One possible explanation, is someone coming from overseas or the west coast that wants to see NYC as part of their vacation, either pre or post cruise.....

Is there anyone posting on this that is actually booked and is upset about the extra days? On all of the roll calls, it seems people are happy. While I don't know why they haven't updated their website, now that I see how different the itinerary is, I understand what was taking so long to notify those who are booked.

The ship holds 4000 pax and while it certainly is not sold out yet.....I guarantee that only a very very small number of those already booked are posting here

Another wild guess.....many already booked do not even know about the change yet

Why? Because if they booked thru a Ta it takes several extra days to get info to the pax....this I know and I book thru the big online cruise Ta

And we all know that as if late Sunday the website wasn't updated to reflect the change and ncl was still selling it as a 12 day

Also.....you would be amazed how many people never check their email....because basically they have no need to so if they have been notified they don't know it yet

I've been on a jan ba cruise and trust me the demographic is retired and/or the not married to their cell phone types

So in essence.....there will definitely be pax who are upset only we won't know it

Even though it is just adding an additional weekend to the trip it still may be not doable for many

Of course we will never know who or how many pax are upset with this change as they aren't posting on cc

One way we may know though is if the ship has more than usual the number of unsold cabins by December

Btw I think the new Itin is great....but as I got an awesome rock bottom deal on the ba last jan.....I fully know that the price for next jan is much much higher ......and I have been following it daily since April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

No they do not. Of course it would be nice for the passengers but the cruise line has no such obligation. Changes like these are what (some of) the insurances are for.

Is it possible to buy a travel insurence in Finland which cover that or are you talking about some other kind of insurence or travel insurences for Americans?

In Sweden travel insurence is for things happening during the trip and I have assumed that it's the same in Finland but maybe it's not? If you are talking about travel insurences in Finland, can you mention a company selling that kind of insurences which also exist in Sweden? That should be an interesting alternative for me.

I had planned to buy plane tickets on Friday ...had not got around to it; then got the email saying it was changing from 12 day to 14 day. Phew! Thankful I hadn't booked yet.

Have no problem with the extra 2 days of cruising; just meant booking 1 extra vacation day as I will not get home until Monday now.(due to flight schedule) We fly in a few days early - I'm fully aware of what impact travelling in winter can have .. had to spend an extra couple days in Orlando after a cruise a few years ago after a snowstorm went through the city we were supposed to layover in.

I had already booked off 3 weeks vacation ..so one extra day is no big deal.

That was lucky. My wife says that my procrastination is a bad thing. Now I can show her this.

We are on the January 3rd sailing and very happy it has been extended. I live 35 minutes from NYC and the two day extension does not interfere with work. Two extra ports and no increase for the two days is a win-win for us.

Just received an e-mail from NCL that our 12 day cruise on the Breakaway leaving on January 3, 2016 is now a 14 day cruise. Instead of 6 ports there are now 8 ports. They state that there are no additional fees for those already booked. Very excited to have the extra days.

Hi jfkny,

You received the email last week? I'm on this cruise as well, but I haven't received any emails about this. Also, on the NCL website, they are still advertising this as a 12 day cruise, hmmmm??

Thanks,

debbie

Actually I'm not very happy about it because I really wanted to go to St. Kitts & St. Lucia. I've never been to either and was looking for a true southern Caribbean. St. Martin & St. Thomas are eastern Caribbean to me...

I'm happy about 2 extra days but wish they wouldn't have taken away any ports.

debbie

Hi jfkny,

You received the email last week? I'm on this cruise as well, but I haven't received any emails about this. Also, on the NCL website, they are still advertising this as a 12 day cruise, hmmmm??

Thanks,

debbie

Did you book direct with NCL or with a TA? My TA called today to let us know about the change (which of course I had already read here).

Actually I'm not very happy about it because I really wanted to go to St. Kitts & St. Lucia. I've never been to either and was looking for a true southern Caribbean. St. Martin & St. Thomas are eastern Caribbean to me...

I'm happy about 2 extra days but wish they wouldn't have taken away any ports.

debbie

I'm bummed about losing St. Lucia and St. Kitts as well (especially St. Lucia), but I love the full day in Tortola now, and Martinique and Dominica are both new for me. I guess they can still sort of call it Southern Caribbean because of Barbados? My original comment was more just a reaction to reading a lot of complaints from people who aren't even booked on any of the 3 cruises! I still haven't even decided if I'm keeping the cruise since I'm not sure I can handle being away that long (fur babies), but then I keep thinking when will I ever get a chance to do a 14 day cruise with UBP (booked in April so no 18%) again?

Did you book direct with NCL or with a TA? My TA called today to let us know about the change (which of course I had already read here).

I'm bummed about losing St. Lucia and St. Kitts as well (especially St. Lucia), but I love the full day in Tortola now, and Martinique and Dominica are both new for me. I guess they can still sort of call it Southern Caribbean because of Barbados? My original comment was more just a reaction to reading a lot of complaints from people who aren't even booked on any of the 3 cruises! I still haven't even decided if I'm keeping the cruise since I'm not sure I can handle being away that long (fur babies), but then I keep thinking when will I ever get a chance to do a 14 day cruise with UBP (booked in April so no 18%) again?

I booked with a TA, so I'm sure I'll be getting an email today or tomorrow. I'm assuming we only have to pay for 12 days worth of gratuities since they changed it, not us, wouldn't you think?

I'm not sure what I'm doing as well because I'm traveling with 3 other people and I just emailed them to let them know of the changes. I might skip over to the Gem... I have 2 fur babies myself, but they won't know the difference between me being away for 12 vs 14 days :-)

debbie

And the point is I'd still lose money - whether it's 50%, a change fee, or having to purchase a one-way ticket home. NCL's been taking too many liberties lately....

To be fair, this isn't NCL's doing. They're having to comply with a new Federal regulation that effectively bans CTNs

To be fair, this isn't NCL's doing. They're having to comply with a new Federal regulation that effectively bans CTNs

However.....while certainly not ideal in January.....they could have made night 12 a port call in NYC and then just 2 more sea days.....or a call in Boston to allow those with flights to make it without financial loss

Yes....I reiterate it is not an ideal solution!!!!!

Btw I love the new Itin and love long cruises....

I just think ncl looks like idiots by not updating their website

And I have done a jan ba and trust me many pax are flying to NYC and will have already booked airfare.

There will be plenty of Brits and Aussies (their summer ) on this cruise

Among others flying from wherever....

A good majority can probably drive but out of 4000 pax a good number will fly as well

Plain logic

However.....while certainly not ideal in January.....they could have made night 12 a port call in NYC and then just 2 more sea days.....or a call in Boston to allow those with flights to make it without financial loss

Yes....I reiterate it is not an ideal solution!!!!!

Btw I love the new Itin and love long cruises....

I just think ncl looks like idiots by not updating their website

And I have done a jan ba and trust me many pax are flying to NYC and will have already booked airfare.

There will be plenty of Brits and Aussies (their summer ) on this cruise

Among others flying from wherever....

A good majority can probably drive but out of 4000 pax a good number will fly as well

Plain logic

You and I will continue to agree to disagree. I think it's dumb to travel north in the winter on the off chance 100 ppl want to get off the ship. Yes you mention 4000 ppl onboard I would bet you at least 90% of the passengers will be happy with the extra days on the islands vs stopping in NY and doing 2 cold sea days.

I do agree with you regarding the website still showing the old dates and itineraries though. That is very careless of them.

You and I will continue to agree to disagree. I think it's dumb to travel north in the winter on the off chance 100 ppl want to get off the ship. Yes you mention 4000 ppl onboard I would bet you at least 90% of the passengers will be happy with the extra days on the islands vs stopping in NY and doing 2 cold sea days.

I do agree with you regarding the website still showing the old dates and itineraries though. That is very careless of them.

Very careless of them indeed!!!

If you booked today and bought airfare tonight you would be very upset about this change

I agree about staying south for 2 extra but seriously how can ncl continue to sell it as a 12 day cruise?

Just what is wrong with them over there?

They look like idiots

I think NCL's website may be in the process of updating the 12 days to 14. When I try to do a mock booking, I get an error message for each category, "No category applicable for fare code(s) specified" I tried each of the dates. Interesting . . .

Porting in NYC on Day 12 is so far from "not ideal"! It is such a completely terrible idea. It's way, way too cold to spend 2 days hovering around NYC. Bad, bad, bad idea.

Well they aren't doing it so no worries

But you wouldn't think it was a bad idea if you had a flight on the original debark day would you

I also am booked on the 12 day Ncl cruise apparently being switched to a 14 day cruise😎. I booked through Cruises Only for 1/17/16 . My sister and her friends booked the same cruise only through a smaller travel agency, she and her friends all received notification of the change on July 24 !! Which came directly from Ncl to their travel agency so why today July 27 when I called Cruises Only today no one knew what I was talking about, So they called NCL and get this after about a half hour on the phone there reservation department also knew nothing either!!! They asked if I had a copy o f the letter that was sent to the other travel agency and received and if I could email it to them to see if was a legit letter REALLY? What's going on there? After the person looked over the letter with their manger they confirmed it was legit (ridiculous) and that the reservation department hadn't been notified yet !!!..How can their system not be updated and people are still able to book the cruise and the two day cruise(which I assume is being cancelled) prior to the sailing is still being sold??? Sounds totally unorganized! Even though it's only two more days don't they realize people have to plan accordingly..Hope they update their information soon so we are all on the same page . Who else will be sailing that week, 1/17/16 my husband and I are part a group of about 25 that can't wait to have a awesome vacation🌴🌴 !Should be a great relaxing trip!! Enjoy everyone😎 let the countdown begin😎😎😎

I also am booked on the 12 day Ncl cruise apparently being switched to a 14 day cruise😎. I booked through Cruises Only for 1/17/16 . My sister and her friends booked the same cruise only through a smaller travel agency, she and her friends all received notification of the change on July 24 !! Which came directly from Ncl to their travel agency so why today July 27 when I called Cruises Only today no one knew what I was talking about, So they called NCL and get this after about a half hour on the phone there reservation department also knew nothing either!!! They asked if I had a copy o f the letter that was sent to the other travel agency and received and if I could email it to them to see if was a legit letter REALLY? What's going on there? After the person looked over the letter with their manger they confirmed it was legit (ridiculous) and that the reservation department hadn't been notified yet !!!..How can their system not be updated and people are still able to book the cruise and the two day cruise(which I assume is being cancelled) prior to the sailing is still being sold??? Sounds totally unorganized! Even though it's only two more days don't they realize people have to plan accordingly..Hope they update their information soon so we are all on the same page . Who else will be sailing that week, 1/17/16 my husband and I are part a group of about 25 that can't wait to have a awesome vacation🌴🌴 !Should be a great relaxing trip!! Enjoy everyone😎 let the countdown begin😎😎😎

Why don't you join our active Roll Call and meet some of us? :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161888

Any updates on if we'll have to pay additional DSC for the extra 2 days? I already prepaid back in February before the first price increase.

Noticed the cruise is no longer on the NCL Website, so they are finally updating it. Still not updated yet in my NCL account.

This is the coolest change I have ever heard of. If I was on this sailing, I would've been doing backflips. This is just like a slot machine jackpot. Congrats to all of you.

Edited by jason3695

for a 14 night cruise is pretty great. And if it drops, so what? Then we re-book.

No you won't, you will be subject to additional fees, since it will be past final payment. The last minute rates the last 2 years, were about 30 days ahead.

No, not always. For BA, I've seen lots of price drops for poorly booked sailings well before the 30 day mark. 60-90 days has been typical if BA isn't filling. Then if it drops within the 30 days, we've always been able to upgrade so we'll be fine!