Kids on Transatlantic cruises?

razorkd

We are a homeschooling family booked on a RCL TA Oct 2015 and am wondering how many other kids might be on board? Have cruised in the off season before and usually not many kids but have never tried a TA so just curious what other people have seen. Thanks.

We are a homeschooling family booked on a RCL TA Oct 2015 and am wondering how many other kids might be on board? Have cruised in the off season before and usually not many kids but have never tried a TA so just curious what other people have seen. Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There were only a handful of kids on the TA I was on this past January.

On a mid-August Queen Mary 2 crossing there were several large families plus enough additional teens to have them run a full children's programme.

On the other TAs I have taken in April, May and November I recall none other than preschoolers.

However, there is a cruise critic member blogging from the current QM2 crossing and the embarkation day Programme indicates there is an orientation meeting for all parents of school-age children, so there must be more than a handful onboard.

A 16 night TA in Nov.- maybe less than 12. A teen who attended an online school was on there and needed to access the internet for testing. He was disappointed by slow and dropped connections at times.

A 14 night in May- maybe 30 kids but most were preschoolers.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can call the cruise line. I think most will give the number of children by age group.

You may also want to join the Roll Call for your cruise. You could ask there to see if anyone has children with them

We've been on 3 TA's, all in April. The number of kids on each was very limited; I'd say 15-30, most pre-school age. I have seen a small number of school age kids and teens, and by small I mean probably under 5-6.

Of course, some sailing may have more--or less--luck of the draw.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You will find very few children on that cruise.

You should also go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic for your cruise and you can ask others on that cruise if any have children who will be on board.

Keith

In 2012 we did a Rome to Galveston TA on RCCL Mariner, there were 6 children under the age of 16. happy cruising

We did a TA in Sept 2011 with Disney - there were hundreds of kids.

We just got off the Celebrity Infinity TA that left mid October 2014... our kids were the only two children on board (in exception to four infants not old enough for kids club). We chose that cruise as it corresponded perfectly with their 2 week school break, but it seems like no other schools had holidays at the same time.

It was definitely a different cruise, but the kids staff were fantastic and made it a great experience for my kids. Celebrity wouldn't tell us or our travel agent how many kids would be on board before we boarded.