Corkage fee...

Yes, $15 per bottle if you bring it to a public venue.

I'm curious...how do they actually do this? If I walked out of my room carrying a bottle of wine and a glass, and I sat down in a public area (like in the Aqua Theater, in Central Park, at the Promenade Cafe), will someone come up to me and ask for payment? How does it work if I pay in one venue (however that happens), then move to another? Can I show them a receipt or something? Or do I have to pay at each venue?

I'm curious...how do they actually do this? If I walked out of my room carrying a bottle of wine and a glass, and I sat down in a public area (like in the Aqua Theater, in Central Park, at the Promenade Cafe), will someone come up to me and ask for payment? How does it work if I pay in one venue (however that happens), then move to another? Can I show them a receipt or something? Or do I have to pay at each venue?

I've not seen the system in action in other than the dining room and specialty restaurant. On Oasis, there was a sticker on the bottle if it was a C&A gift, so I would imagine some other type of sticker.

All this discussion about Caymus Cabernet reminded me of my 1st glass many years ago at the Champagne Bar. I wasn't a red wine drinker but DH suggested I try something really good. At the time it was $23/glass but with the 2 for 1 coupon it was a good deal. After that good red wine became my drink of choice.

We shop at Total Wine and can get Caymus Cabernet for $69/bottle. Maybe it's different in N Carolina but here we occasionally get an online coupon for 20% off $100 but never enough coupons at one time to get a case of Caymus at $49/bottle.

On our July cruise regular Caymus was $145/bottle and Special Select over $200/bottle.

All this discussion about Caymus Cabernet reminded me of my 1st glass many years ago at the Champagne Bar. I wasn't a red wine drinker but DH suggested I try something really good. At the time it was $23/glass but with the 2 for 1 coupon it was a good deal. After that good red wine became my drink of choice. ...

We used to do the same thing with our 2 for 1 coupon. However, it's been a while since I've seen Caymus available by the glass onboard. I suspect they got burned too many times by our 2 for 1 coupons.

We used to do the same thing with our 2 for 1 coupon. However, it's been a while since I've seen Caymus available by the glass onboard. I suspect they got burned too many times by our 2 for 1 coupons.

They were serving by the glass in Vintages. It wasn't on the menu, but I think it was $24. Bottle around $120. The price per bottle was different in Chops.

I used my 25% coupon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They were serving by the glass in Vintages. It wasn't on the menu, but I think it was $24. Bottle around $120. The price per bottle was different in Chops.

I used my 25% coupon

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to ask if I don't see the "by the glass" price on the menu.

I used my 25% coupon

The day we drink $24 a glass wine is the day we win the lottery and book the best suite on the ship...or in other words...likely never.

The day we drink $24 a glass wine is the day we win the lottery and book the best suite on the ship...or in other words...likely never.

We don't drink $24 a glass wine. It costs us (well - used to) $12 a glass with the coupon. Only time we buy it.

I don't mind the corkage fee. I would gladly pay it on a full case of wine if they would let me. I would even agree to not bring any wine on board they have in their cellar. We almost always bring are own wine to restaurants and pay corkage. But if I am paying corkage, I expect the bottle to be opened me or my wife be allowed to taste, then poured and never touch the bottle again after I hand it to the waiter. I also expect fresh glasses between bottles and white glasses for white and red glasses for red. That level of service is what the corkage is for. I know that most servers in fine dining restaurants recognize they will be tipped on the value of the wine not the corkage fee if they provide great wine service. I will not be happy if I am paying a corkage and just getting the bottle opened then left on the table for us to pour ourselves.

For you Camus lovers, there are some very nice cabernets that are every bit as good and about half the price of Camus. The Foley group and the Wilson group have some very nice cabs. I won't turn Camus down, but I think they have done a better job of marketing than others.

They will do all of that for you, at least they did on Serenade. Even when they were slammed with work, the assistant waiter found time to stop by and do the job. The MDR wine glasses leave much to be desired for a really nice glass of wine, but they will bring you fresh ones if you switch what you're drinking. We once sat near unused but set Captain's table on Radiance and asked if we could borrow a couple of the good wine glasses. And the answer was yes, so long as we didn't take them with us. Now there's no table there, but we aren't in the MDR often, so it really doesn't matter.

I used my 25% coupon

Was it more or less expensive in Chops? On Oasis, the winetenders have been known to boost sales by offering a bottle for two BOGO coupons. On other ships we haven't always had luck with that idea.

Was it more or less expensive in Chops? On Oasis, the winetenders have been known to boost sales by offering a bottle for two BOGO coupons. On other ships we haven't always had luck with that idea.

That's the best use of two BOGO coupons. We were able to do that a few times too.